PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting everyone ready for Tuesday: The big news is that Henry Anderson is going on IR...He was a major disappointment up to the point.

Getting everyone ready for Tuesday: The big news is that Henry Anderson is going on IR...He was a major disappointment up to the point.

He's been a disappointment, but now we still need another big body in the rotation. I wonder if Bill Murray gets an elevation this week. He looked good (against low competition) in the preseason.

Pats should win this game. I think if we lose, the season is basically over in terms of playoffs. However, if we win, and KC beats Buffalo Sunday night, we're only a game back in the division. Hopefully they can get things rolling a bit here.

I think we will win by double digits. The team has had some bad luck but we’re maybe the best team in the league with the GOAT HC and GM. I wouldn’t worry about the pass pro in this one. We can put Wal-Mart employees on the field and Bill will coach ‘em up.

I think we will win by double digits. The team has had some bad luck but we’re maybe the best team in the league with the GOAT HC and GM. I wouldn’t worry about the pass pro in this one. We can put Wal-Mart employees on the field and Bill will coach ‘em up.

I think the offense is trending in the right direction, and hopefully everyone has gotten their one fumble for the year out of the way early. Just need to sure up the protection (which is 50% missing Brown, 30% other guys not playing to their potential, and 20% Mac learning how to maneuver an NFL pocket, IMO), and we can make a decent run. This game should look similar to the Jets game I would think.

Patriots defensive rankings through 4 games:

Points allowed - 17.5 (6th)
Yards/game allowed - 306.8 (5th)
Passing yards/game - 185 (4th)
Passing yards/attempt - 6.5 (6th)
Qb Rating - 67.6 (2nd)
Sacks - 10 (T-10th)
Rushing yards/game - 121.8 (19th)
Rushing yards/attempt - 4.0 (10th)

Get the offense up to an efficient level, and get the fumbles under control, and this defense is good enough to make some noise. Even the run defense, which has looked suspect at times, is better so far than last year, and per attempt is top third in the league to this point.

20% Mac learning how to maneuver an NFL pocket, IMO
This is a great observation. Two examples from the TB game alone - in one the delayed blitz pummels him (was that the INT?); in the second, later in the game he alertly uses the delayed blitzer's momentum against him, steps to the outside avoiding said rush, and throws a completion. Growth demonstrated.

Must win game. Thats the season if we lose

Hopefully we trade that 7th rounder from the Izzo trade for Da Burkmeister after this game.

How's the Texans pass rush? Any good? I hope not w/ Onwenu & Wynn on covid protocol.

What is the under and over on interceptions by the patriots. I'd guess 3.5,

So this is the game of the rookie QB the Pats drafted vs. the rookie QB that the Pats were rumored to be interested in with them drafting a LB or another player in the first round.

Let's revisit this on Sunday...

How's the Texans pass rush? Any good? I hope not w/ Onwenu & Wynn on covid protocol.
I’d say they’re probably bottom half of the league. Tied for 4th fewest sacks. Helps that Watt has moved on

So this is the game of the rookie QB the Pats drafted vs. the rookie QB that the Pats were rumored to be interested in with them drafting a LB or another player in the first round.

Thankfully Jones was able to fall to us...I wouldn't be a happy camper with Davis Mills.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I’d say they’re probably bottom half of the league. Tied for 4th fewest sacks.
So were the Bucs...

I don't have an answer especially now that the entire left side of the line also now needs replacement due to COVID. I'm okay with Karras at LG, but now LT is a massive question as it remains unlikely for a return of Trent Brown on either side. Likely Cajuste and Herron.

Do we just have Meyers run the wildcat to protect Jones from getting killed? (I'm kidding, but yeesh...)

Texans are 28th in offense DVOA and 30th in defense. They’re terrible. Pats should wipe the floor with this team if they have any kind of playoff aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back