PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t remember any team losing 4 offensive lineman for one game. Not sure you can overcome that, especially with a rookie QB, and 1 RB

This game has the earmarks of a struggle that never should have been. Could be incredibly ugly and embarrassing.

No excuse for Daddy Long Legs not to start at CB tomorrow.

This game will test the fortitude of this team.

Trent Brown - On IR

Shaq Mason - Out
Jalen Mills - Out
Shaun Wade - Out
Perkins - Out (hasn't played this year)

Gilmore - Traded.

Wynn and Onwenu out due to still being on the COVID list.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Pats roll out for an O-line. Especially since Cajuste really hasn't shown up to this point despite being the 5th OT on the 53 (4 ST snaps in 2 games) and neither Herron nor Durant being able to solidify the RT with Brown out.

I have a real problem with Trent Brown not practicing, but posting stories on his Instagram of the swank birthday party he threw for his girlfriend last night. I guess you don't cancel the party just because you are too injured to practice, but it isn't a good look showing you out partying on a week night when you are too injured to practice that day or the next.
Same as Gronk dancing after losing to the Giants. Bad optics.

Time will tell but not sure this is the same 2018 Trent Brown

Same as Gronk dancing after losing to the Giants. Bad optics.

Time will tell but not sure this is the same 2018 Trent Brown

It's not the same Trent Brown. Trent Brown in 2018 played all 16 games. He's taken a page out of the Gilmore playbook...find an excuse to not play and earn $$$.

It's not the same Trent Brown. Trent Brown in 2018 played all 16 games. He's taken a page out of the Gilmore playbook...find an excuse to not play and earn $$$.
Injuries happen to even the most dedicated players but pretaining to Trent my radar is up.

LFG! 1 game behind Buffalo after tonight!

Pats should completely dominate today. With that said Mac has taken the 2nd most QB hits in the league (24, 1 behind Wentz). Not sustainable for anyone and there’s no way to tell for sure whether your first round pick is a franchise hit or not when that is happening.

Absolutely terrible front office planning by ziegler and terrible OLine management by Bricillo and not surprised the oc is clueless.

This is a 1-3 team and it reflects the crappy staff around BB.

More often than not I defend BB‘s decisions, but he picks the groceries. All of them. So the buck stops with him.

I can’t figure out what the disconnect is between Bricillo and the OL.

Pats should completely dominate today. With that said Mac has taken the 2nd most QB hits in the league (24, 1 behind Wentz). Not sustainable for anyone and there’s no way to tell for sure whether your first round pick is a franchise hit or not when that is happening.
Dominate? With the number of players out? I just want a W if even by a point.

Dominate? With the number of players out? I just want a W if even by a point.
That’s the the goal for sure. But the Texans might be a historically bad team on both sides of the ball. Even with a backup OL I think it’s not too much to ask for the Pats to roll in this one.

If they lose to this team then imo some questions about BB need to be asked.

Any way we get this win is a good win.

I’d like to see one of these tackles emerge as a starter because I doubt we get Wynn and Trent both back as a consistent guy (I think Trent is actually done here but discussed this at length already).

Just win baby!

That’s the the goal for sure. But the Texans might be a historically bad team on both sides of the ball. Even with a backup OL I think it’s not too much to ask for the Pats to roll in this one.

If they lose to this team then imo some questions about BB need to be asked.
We have four OL starters out on the road. That isn’t an easy game no matter who you play. Certainly not for a mediocre team like we are right now.

As much as I was happy to be in it with Tampa all the way, I don’t think it should have been quite that close. Brady and AB left a lot of plays on the field.

Injuries happen to even the most dedicated players but pretaining to Trent my radar is up.
Hey Trent...

590924-robert-de-niro.jpg

Last edited:
Mac, your in deep dodo today. Sorry, 4 O-lineman, to much to ask the new guys. As Jenny would say to Forest gump, Run Forest Run! We won't be able to run or pass protect with any efficency. Dam shame, was a winnable game. I can't believe Trent's on IR. Talk about disaster...

We have four OL starters out on the road. That isn’t an easy game no matter who you play. Certainly not for a mediocre team like we are right now.

As much as I was happy to be in it with Tampa all the way, I don’t think it should have been quite that close. Brady and AB left a lot of plays on the field.
Tampa is a MUCH better football team and that’s ok. It’s not our time yet but it will come. I’m optimistic.

The Texans are horrible. On both sides of the ball. If the OL can’t protect Mac then the defense should take care of business. I’m still expecting a comfy win.

Tampa is a MUCH better football team and that’s ok. It’s not our time yet but it will come. I’m optimistic.

The Texans are horrible. On both sides of the ball. If the OL can’t protect Mac then the defense should take care of business. I’m still expecting a comfy win.
I think it’ll be something like 17-10. Ball control and field position. I think Texans will need help from turnovers to be able to score enough points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back