PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pre- Game Thread- Bucs @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's so controversial about this. Bill had a 'value' for Tom at his age and for what he projected him to be and like all other contract negotiation he's had in the past, he wasn't willing to budge. It's always been the that way with Bill from Law, Seymour, Branch the list goes on. Obviously given what's happened in Tampa, Bill was wrong about the immediate future, Brady just needed weapons. Bill has been wrong in the past, and will be wrong in the future. But he's always maintained what he is.
Bill guessed wrong on Brady (and I admit it - I did too).

If there's an exception to be made to any conventional thought about his QB at his age - Brady was the exception.

This game is going to be closer than people think. If Agholor takes it to the house on a Mac deep pass, the crowd is going crazy, changing entire momentum of the game.

As long as coaches don't piss it all away with crap like this.

View attachment 36181

Inexcusable and embarrassing.

There's been a few things so far that are uncharacteristic of the recent Patriots. This, Bailey kicking two KO out of bounds, some decent returns on kicks he doesn't boot through the end zone, having a punt blocked for the first time in his career, Cardona committing a false start on a punt... now that I list them, the punt team really needs some work!

With yet another nail biting night game yesterday , I really hope were not the ones to break this trend of close primetime games

you almost have to plan to throw the ball... the aints and bucs d are similar in terms of their ability to stop the run...

Its basically a waste of time to run against the Bucs D, other than a few mixed in here or there out of obligation to keep a tiny bit of variety

I can't think of another defense over the years that was as stout against the run as this Bucs team

How many of you would be pi$$ed off at Brady if he came in here and ran up the score, let's say he hung a 60 burger on us? I know I would lose a ton of respect for him if that were his plan...

I would lose a ton of respect for our defense

Its basically a waste of time to run against the Bucs D, other than a few mixed in here or there out of obligation to keep a tiny bit of variety

I can't think of another defense over the years that was as stout against the run as this Bucs team
Statically iirc the Saints have given up less yards on the ground... Both are stingy though, which was the thought behind the post

I can't wait till Mac drives the Pats deep into Bucs territory on the first drive of the game... and the drive ends with 3 handoffs to Bolden for minus one yard. :D

It's gonna go something like this -

1. handoff for no/minimum gain
2. failed screen/screen minimum gain
3. draw for minimum gain
4. Folk for FG

On the bright side, I have Folk on my fantasy team and he's been great.

View attachment 36183
Does he think he motivated Bill? :D :D :D :D
He thinks Bill signs off on a pre-game tear jerker video tribute that makes Tom emotional, gets in his head, and that's the advantage he needs to pull off the W.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
So the Pats usually can take away a teams best player. In the case of the Bucs, that is Brady. So far this year, Brady is the only reason the Bucs aren't 0-3 because their defense has sucked and so has their running game. So this should be simple. Just take away Brady and win 30-0. Pretty easy right?

It's gonna go something like this -

1. handoff for no/minimum gain
2. failed screen/screen minimum gain
3. draw for minimum gain
4. Folk for FG

On the bright side, I have Folk on my fantasy team and he's been great.
Folk is listed as questionable with a left knee issue. Not good.

Maybe we can try for tuddies instead of fgs for a change?

So the Pats usually can take away a teams best player. In the case of the Bucs, that is Brady. So far this year, Brady is the only reason the Bucs aren't 0-3 because their defense has sucked and so has their running game. So this should be simple. Just take away Brady and win 30-0. Pretty easy right?
I know you are joking but I think it will be a good game. They aren't going to put up 50 and Brady isn't going in here and just airing it out unless we blow a bunch of coverages. I think BB will just try to continue to build the defense and won't be doing anything fancy but who knows!

Folk is listed as questionable with a left knee issue. Not good.

Maybe we can try for tuddies instead of fgs for a change?
Lets Go Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

Everyone is focused on Brady vs Belichick.

I want to see how Mac responds after the home loss to the Aints. Bowels is going to blitz 50% of the time. Mac is under pressure but with almost nobody expecting a Pats win; he could make a statement on national tv by completing even 50% of his deep passes.

Obviously this assumes Trent plays or Bill has done enough to fix the OL issues but I'm more concerned with Andrews vs Vea than the RT on this one. I imagine Brady has been coaching Bowels on how Pats set their protections. Brady has the answers to the test unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST