PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
If we kept Hoyer, Mac wouldn’t be the best QB on the roster.
I hear you, but he lasted less than 10 minutes last year in Green Bay. And if Garoppolo is out for any period of time, I'd be surprised if he wasn't sidelined at some point himself.

Mac got better as the game went on. If Parker catches that ball, Mac has great numbers. Mac got the ball out on time. Did he turn a corner or will he implode again next week? He earned another chance.
Unfortunately next week is the Bills game. The Bills have the #5 defense in the NFL for points allowed and the #3 defense in the NFL for yards per game allowed through the air. He's in for a LONG day!

If Mac found somehow found some kind of moral victory by losing a close game to the Raiders, his confidence will be utterly shattered again by the ROFL-Stomping the Bills are about to unleash on him and the Patriots sorry offense!

Last edited:
Btw that Jets win is looking a little better. They only lost to Dallas and KC outside of us and just beat the Eagles

Totally agree. Bottom line this team started their downward spiral after Scar retired. He had a plethora of guys that weren’t “NFL” caliber guys. Somehow he pulled it together …
I feel like scar always coached the line as a unit, interchanging the pieces at times. Always focused on them performing as a unit.
MP and AK I feel are trying to institute a scheme or a style. That’s the main difference I see. Scar evaluated what he had and what they could do, from there he worked with the rest of the offensive staff to make sure the gameplan helped his pieces. Now we have a “this is what we are doing approach”, not a “this is what we can do approach”.

Its one of our most important offseasons. Loads of cap space and most likely a top 5 pick. We are a couple years away at the least but very good chance to start building the foundation. Hope Kraft has a good plan in mind for gm, we cant afford to botch this one
They also need to do a reset on how the reach the fans as well. The uniforms for starters was something no fans wanted. How many years did we see draft coverage skip Patriots picks because there wasn't enough info or video on them? Then they would hide their draft picks while all the other teams would immediately introduce them to the media. Many teams do their own "Hard Knocks" and have a shows on YouTube. Bob just seems to be behind the times.

I am making an assumption that one of Mafi or Sow develop by next year into an okay starting right guard to replace Onwenu, and Strange gets healthy and returns to solid output. Then your IOL is fine but you really still need two starting tackles which will be difficult to navigate, but possible. At receiver, Douglas should be good and Boutte might develop. Thornton still has some level of potential. You need depth and a top guy, and you are devoid of TEs which is also a situation. And obviously, the QB is a question. However, even just finding answers at some of these positions goes a long way and they have opportunities to do it. Let’s say they do get a top pick and their new staff drafts Drake Maye. That could go a really long way. Throw several darts at tackles, receivers and tight ends, and sign a few veterans to shore up areas of concern as well in free agency. It may not be fixed in one year but you can make some real progress, especially with a last place schedule.
yes, that is a reasonable goal: real progress if we get a QB and hit on other key players (including 2 OT's).

Parker says that ball was on his fingertips? What a freaking loser,
Yeah - that was a horrible presser. He clearly was defensive probably out of guilt but that's the wrong way to deal with it.

The loss should not be his blame only though as there was plenty to spread around.

the players giving press conferences or locker room interviews look completely broken. this is going to much worse.

Whatever, man. Again, you hate the guy, and that's cool. I know you disagree, but good to average is all there is unless great happens to come along, and when he does you enjoy the ride. Otherwise, everyone in the league would go get one.

But you don't need me to tell you that. "It is what it is."
Again, not average. I'm not sure how you keep convincing yourself that Mac is average. He's terrible. Weak arm, no pocket presence, very little ability to work through his progressions, terrible footwork, immobile, short, poor decision making when on the move, can't tackle.

Unfortunately next week is the Bills game. The Bills have the #4 defense in the NFL for points allowed and the #3 defense in the NFL for yards per game allowed through the air. He's in for a LONG day!

If Mac found somehow found some kind of moral victory by losing a close game to the Raiders, his confidence will be utterly shattered again by the ROFL-Stomping the Bills are about to unleash on him and the Patriots sorry offense!

You could be right. The point is that Mac was OK, except for the horrible pick, but better. Next week he might be terrible again, and in that case maybe we go to Grier or Zappe. Cunningham did not look the part. Zappe was not good last week. We are back to Mac for one more week.

If Mac is utterly shattered that is OK. Need to know if he can recover and grow. I doubt it but he was better this week.

They need to take the keys away from Bill. Otherwise a defensive pick or a trade down for 100 7th rounders incoming.

I trust in kraft to make the right decision. I dont mind wasting the last 3 years because BB deserved one last chance to build a winner and go for the record. But i think it’s fairly obvious its time now, at least as a gm

We have the money to sign Onwenu.

We don't know much about Sow and Mafi because they're rookies, but in any case, they should be backups behind Strange and Onwenu
OK. let's presume that we pay $15M for Onwenu. too much? My point is that we will have to pay to re-sign or replace him. As many have said, I think that we expect to forward with an IOL of Strange, Andrews and the 3 rookies, plas the usual 2024 additions.

Oops...

1697417325997.png

Again, not average. I'm not sure how you keep convincing yourself that Mac is average. He's terrible. Weak arm, no pocket presence, very little ability to work through his progressions, terrible footwork, immobile, short, poor decision making when on the move, can't tackle.

The last two weeks Mac was awful. Today Mac was average. Who knows next week.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back