PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Mac Jones (Overall):
24/33 (72.7%) 200yds 1 INT

Mac Jones in the second half:
16/19 (84.2%) 103yds

Mac Jones 4th Quarter Stats:
11/13 (84.6%) 69yds
The most important stats for Mac Jones 1 INT and 0 TDs.

I will say that it's sad the only receivers that showed up for us all day were Kendrick Bourne and Geisecki.

Thornton played his usual invisible man routine and Parker dropped what could have been a HUGE 1st down in crunch time.

Mac showed his usual day late, dollar short tendencies after that by giving up a 'I have zero sense of blind side pressure' safety to seal the game.

I'm not saying he was our WORST offensive player today, but he wasn't the take charge leader we needed in crunch time either.

In other words he is what he is, a mediocre at best QB who needs perfect conditions to perform.

The Patriots clearly need an offensive overhaul. That means a new franchise QB1, improved OL, and improved weapons. The only likely way to get the new QB1 is the draft but we look like we're headed at the very least for a Top-5 pick, so that's something. The OL and the offensive playmakers will need to be a mix of draft picks and/or free agents.

If he stays at all, BB CANNOT be allowed to do any more "grocery shopping" for this team. It's quite clear that he is hurting the head coach of the team with his bonehead personnel decisions! Robert Kraft, it's time to "man up" and make some tough calls this off season!

Bottom line - Patriots are now 1-5 and have what looks like the worst offense in the NFL. OOF! It's time for some big changes!

At least with Gesicki, we knew what we were getting. A glorified WR who couldn't block. It is Lowe's job to block.
garr, still

I think ive swatted mosquitos harder than Crosby did to him

Mac Jones Raiders QB has a nice ring to it and probably what he wants.
Hunter Renfrow and a 5th for Mac Jones.

No you couldn't.

Last year Tom Brady was on a better offense and he had a losing season. Aaron Rodgers failed to make the playoffs last year with a better offense. We saw Peyton Manning unable to make the playoffs with a team that had Wayne, Addai, and a much better line. We saw Patrick Mahomes look like a high school kid in the Super Bowl when he had Hill and Kelce but his line was injured. We saw Brees look like trash in San Diego and miss the playoffs multiple times with better offenses. Allen couldn't make the playoffs without Diggs. Tua couldn't make the playoffs without Hill and Waddle and he's one of the best performing QB's on pace to be MVP.

You said you could name 15?

I'll make it easy for you.

Name 5. Name 5 current QB's who have proven they could make the playoffs with an offense as bad as this. Give me QB and the offense and explain why that was as bad as this one.

Let's have an intelligent conversation with facts. Then we can talk. Not you just saying nonsense. Actual reality. I'll wait. This should be good.
Mac Jones still stinks as a QB

I could almost feels how them loser Jets fans feel during those years. Almost.

garr, still

I think ive swatted mosquitos harder than Crosby did to him
I am not giving Gesicki a free pass. He was awful.

And my comment about Lowe goes beyond that one play. He is easily one of the worst or the worst RTs in this league.

I am not giving Gesicki a free pass. He was awful.

And my comment about Lowe goes beyond that one play. He is easily one of the worst or the worst RTs in this league.
i know, i know

im venting too

The most important stats for Mac Jones 1 INT and 0 TDs.

I will say that it's sad the only receivers that showed up for us all day were Kendrick Bourne and Geisecki.

Thornton played his usual invisible man routine and Parker dropped what could have been a HUGE 1st down in crunch time.

Mac showed his usual day late, dollar short tendencies after that by giving up a 'I have zero sense of blind side pressure' safety to seal the game.

I'm not saying he was our WORST offensive player today, but he wasn't the take charge leader we needed in crunch time either.
He threw a perfect ball to Parker in crunch time under pressure and led them back to put them in that position. I don't know what else to say.

He's not Brady.

He's an average guy who could be adequate if he had any semblance of help, whether it's up front or in the receiving corps. If people could realize that and just accept the kid for what he is, it would make life easier.

I hate that I cringe every time Mac takes a snap and exhale when the play doesn’t end in disaster. That’s like cheering for Nathan Peterman.

Hope our next QB1 is different.

We understand that you simple don't care. Mac could have completed the pass, and won the game and he still be the worst ever, having not improved over the debacles of the last two weeks.
======
OBVIOUSLY, this team cannot compete at a playoff level with this OL. There is no reason to add QB (or WR).

It is negligence for Jonathan not to approve a trade for an OT who will play for the next 2-3 years. There will no better way to spend a 2nd round draft pick in the off-season. Consider this terrible team today. Would a better than average RT made any difference?

I care about the well being of the team and it’s future. Was about as patient as they come when it came to Mac. Was cheering the guy on. Wanted him to succeed. Wasn’t he suppose to be better off with a real oc? He’s worse for it. He could of just thrown the one int out of bounds on the run but he didn’t. Are you telling me the center position and the two guards are getting collapsed upon, every down? At some point he has as much responsibility of stepping out, aside, outside as any other qb in the NFL.

He threw a perfect ball to Parker in crunch time under pressure and led them back to put them in that position. I don't know what else to say. He's not Brady. He's an average guy who could be adequate if he had any semblance of help, whether it's up front or in the receiving corps. If people could realize that and just accept the kid for what he is, it would make life easier.
Problem is in this new NFL you can’t win anything with just Adequate QB play.

Why do you need to replace these players? We have $150m under the cap. Why are you assuming we have no money.

We need a tackle or tackles. We invested a heap load on the interior of the OL and that's who we'll stick with: Andrews, Andrews, Onwenu, Strange, Mafi and Sow.
Andrews, Andrews, Onwenu, Strange, Mafi and Sow.
Onwenu is a free agent. We need to sign him or replace him. We must presume that the replacement is Mafi or Sow.

Obviously, we are keeping Andrews and Andrews (center and backup center).
Strange has been OK
Sow has shown little
Mafi has shown less

Yes, Strange, Andrews and 3 mid-level draft picks may be enough., or not. Are there any any future all=pro's here? How many of these are above average OL's. I have no confidence building out future around these interior OL. But, of course, that isn't the whole problem, is it. We need THREE OT's. Belichick did made a reasonable effort at improving the interior of the OL.

Memories.

We need to name the stadium after Tom.
I remember thinking, DURING that wild 59-0 win, « we aren’t that great this year. We’re just playing vs losers… »

I was aware I was spoiled. but I remember thinking NE was def not good enough to win the SB that season. Have we even scored 59 in combined games this season ?

I remember thinking, DURING that wild 59-0 win, « we aren’t that great this year. We’re just playing vs losers… »

I was aware I was spoiled. but I remember thinking NE was def not good enough to win the SB that season. Have we even scored 59 in combined games this season ?
No:

So what happened to Jimmy that put him on an ambulance? Herniated disc? Spine? Hope he’s all right and it was just precautionary…
I believe that one of our DL blew on him the wrong way and the strength of the breeze accidentally injured our man Jimmy.

Seriously though, I hope he's ok, and it's not a bad injury or anything like that but the dude is made of glass!

OIP.u7dD03saNlOR3cpPN7Qe-wAAAA

When I say “flipped quickly” I mean get back into position to be a team that can be in the mix to make a wild card spot. I don’t think that’s unrealistic. Obviously there are many holes, but there are some solid players on the roster and some that may just need a little development. If you can ink a few good veterans with your cap space and have a good draft starting off with a very high pick (or one that’s a little less high with a trade down, but then a surplus of picks), you can find yourself in a better spot quickly.
I understand your goal. I agree with it.

I just don't think that we have enough solid players on Offense to make this work. I suppose all this changes if we use our top pick on a QB and he works out as a rookie.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back