PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The excuses made for Mac are beyond absurd.

The game thread ends with someone talking about how Mac held the ball because throwing to someone in the middle of the field would've drained the clock. There's 1:50 left!!! You don't worry about that at that point.

Mac was messed up this entire game. In these ways:

1. Romo obviously noticed that Mac was fearing the pass rush even when it wasn't there. He was panicking, and Romo was right for saying so.

2. Mac steps up into a clean pocket, panics with no one around him, throws a 2 yard completion to Rham.

3. The horrible INT when he ran fast out of the pocket.

4. Throws a ridiculous lollipop pass to the skies and way out of bounce to Thornton.

5. Thornton breaks open free for an easy TD pass down the middle, Mac panics and tries to loft the ball to Gesicki. That's a missed 7 points right there.

6. Mac throws a bad ball behind Hunter Henry when he has Bourne right open over the middle (despite Romo saying there were 2 guys on Bourne, one was 10 yards deeper).

7. The stupid safety. throw the ball, don't take a sack in the end zone, everyone knows that.

Does Vederian Lowe suck? Yes.

What does that have to do with Brian Hoyer being the much better QB? Mac gives no team in the NFL a chance and never will. If some team is stupid enough to trade a 6th round pick for him, the Patriots should take it right away.
Lance got a 4th rounder and he hasn’t done jack squat in the NFL. That’s the floor. Mac should and will get at least that in a trade and probably more.

I think Mac can be productive on another team. Not this one though.

I don't know how anyone in here can't look at the offensive line as the biggest problem. That moment with Malik Cunningham shows that it doesn't matter even if you're Usain Bolt, you can't extend plays or get away from guys running Vederian Lowe or Trent Brown over.

Yes, the offensive line is definitely the biggest problem with this team. No matter how bad the others on offense are playing, all the disasters start with the o-line. You have even a below average line opposed to a garbage pile, the offense would be worlds better even if it was not very good.

Gillette will have 5,000-10,000 Bills fans next week

Brady and Bill had a great formula for years. Brady won games and Bill drew up x and o’s when they needed them against ferocious opponents. Sorry Bill, it happens to every great. In this day and age, you need a good to great qb to win.

Are we taking Superbowls or NFL games? Superbowls you need a great QB.

You can win NFL games with average guys as long as the roster is strong. Problem is the roster is garbage from top to bottom.

I don't know how anyone in here can't look at the offensive line as the biggest problem. That moment with Malik Cunningham shows that it doesn't matter even if you're Usain Bolt, you can't extend plays or get away from guys running Vederian Lowe or Trent Brown over.
This is where i would start too Ian.

I don't know how anyone in here can't look at the offensive line as the biggest problem. That moment with Malik Cunningham shows that it doesn't matter even if you're Usain Bolt, you can't extend plays or get away from guys running Vederian Lowe or Trent Brown over
I would trade Trent Brown for a bag of footballs before the deadline. Paying him 12 Million is highway robbery.

It starts up front. The receivers suck , Mac sucks, but if no one blocks, it don't matter.

I don't see any way they can beat Miami or Buffalo. 1-7 is likely.

We would be 0-8 if Rodgers hadn't cracked his leg. We might be going 1-16 at this rate. Maybe another win in there some place.

What is next year’s OT class like?
I believe it is good. I'm kind of a proponent of getting a good pick but then trading down to amass some picks in order to stock up on tackles and receivers. You can still get a good QB in the later 1st, maybe pick up a veteran to steer to start the season.

He's a reason. But not the main reason.

That would be the OL. Receivers and Mac are after that, then special teams.

I don't think you realize how bad this teams talent is.

It's not a one man fix
Disagree…remove the one man who shopped for this collection of “talent” at Marshalls

I don't see any way they can beat Miami or Buffalo. 1-7 is likely.
The Jets somehow beat the Bills. I guess any given Sunday and all but yeah 1-7 is the likeliest outcome

Lance got a 4th rounder and he hasn’t done jack squat in the NFL. That’s the floor. Mac should and will get at least that in a trade and probably more.

I think Mac can be productive on another team. Not this one though.
Your high.
Lance has untapped potential.
Mac the book is out and we have all seen the floor as well as under the foundation.

I believe it is good. I'm kind of a proponent of getting a good pick but then trading down to amass some picks in order to stock up on tackles and receivers. You can still get a good QB in the later 1st, maybe pick up a veteran to steer to start the season.
Agree. This team is MANY players away

Post your reactions here.
I didn't expect them to win. KB is the only WR on the roster with heart. He deserves to be on a winning team. The O line is terrible, Parker is a massive disappointment. The defense is playing with back up to the back ups and only giving up FGs. I guess this what start over means.

Brady and Bill had a great formula for years. Brady won games and Bill drew up x and o’s when they needed them against ferocious opponents. Sorry Bill, it happens to every great. In this day and age, you need a good to great qb to win.
is Jared Goff a great QB?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back