PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official PostGame Thread - 2023 Week 7 - Patriots Win 29-25

Immediate Postgame Reactions
That's a crazy take. Not even his harshest critics claim that. Touch is something he is great at. Did you mean to say "zip"?

I'm not convinced Mac will make it as a top rank starter because he has serious composure issues that I'm not sure he can overcome.

In today's presser he admitted (a) that on two plays his eyes were down looking at the rush and (b) that he can get too "hot".

I'm convinced that inability to remain calm when pressured or when the play is blown up are the problems that threaten to destroy his career.
I heard him say that, he has to keep his eyes on the field, good thing, he's aware of it and appears to be working on it.

I heard him say that, he has to keep his eyes on the field, good thing, he's aware of it and appears to be working on it.

Agreed. I forgot he said that. Very honest to admit that. His eyes are down because he is panicking. We already knew it, but that was the confirmation. I think @Kasmir is right that Mac's career depends on remaining calm with his eyes up the field. I hope he can keep eyes up and play well.

Last edited:
That's a crazy take. Not even his harshest critics claim that. Touch is something he is great at. Did you mean to say "zip"?

I'm not convinced Mac will make it as a top rank starter because he has serious composure issues that I'm not sure he can overcome.

In today's presser he admitted (a) that on two plays his eyes were down looking at the rush and (b) that he can get too "hot".

I'm convinced that inability to remain calm when pressured or when the play is blown up are the problems that threaten to destroy his career.

I meant touch.

His ball floats for years before it inevitably misses it's destination.

Floating the ball doesn't mean touch.

Agreed. I forgot he said that. Very honest to admit that. His eyes are down because he is panicking. We already knew it, but that was the confirmation. I think @Kasmir is right that Mac's career depends on remaining calm with his eyes down the field. I hope he can keep eyes up and play well.
Not throwing off his back foot also helps. His mechanics have been spotty the last three weeks.

Part of me wonders if they didn't expect the OL to hold up as well as it did today, so they were still calling plays that got the ball out of Mac's hands as quickly as possible. Maybe with some OL continuity they'll feel confident opening it up a bit more, but that remains to be seen.
That and receivers dropping perfect 40 yard bombs at crunch time!

I don't know how we will get a franchise QB if we have a winning streak. I don't want to be fighting for 3rd place in the division for the next five years. This team only needs a quality QB, a #1 WR, and health.
Give it up Tankhead.

I don't think any of the local guys picked the Pats either, we know Breer didn't with his they'll lose by 30 prediction.
Not many, if any, did. Including fans here.

Obviously scar coached the o-line while he was visiting.

Keep him there or leave a picture of him in the stands.

It looked to me that Sow and Onwenu had good push on the right side of the line.

Over his career, his interception rate or lost fumbles are far superior to other “ like” qbs. I definitely remember him trying to force the ball to Randy in triple coverage many times,
Anytime I see someone say Brady was the greatest and add any but to it... they lose me.

Brady did just about everything better than any QB. The only thing he couldn't do real well was run but he managed to pull it off once in a while.

Why is this a topic for discussion here anyway. This is the post game thread after the best game they played all year.

I wonder how the the twin douchebags on local radio (Felger and Adam Jones, especially) will react to this. They already had BB traded for a 6th round pick and Mac replaced by Caleb Williams.
Stop listening if it bothers you that much. And turn down the volume of your boob tube during the games too. Normally I'd have the volume at a very mellow 15 for when I watch anything else but I found that 6 works great for football.

For those who watched the game. Do you think the team turned the corner or did buffalo just not play well?
Every season is a work in progress and some years the team gets better as the season goes on. This could be one of those seasons. It's just too bad that they started off so poorly.

The play was behind the line of scrimmage so it was like a screen play, shovel pass, lateral or qb option where the linemen can get out front to block. They cannot go beyond five yards on forward pass plays beyond the line of scrimmage without being first designated an eligible receiver. It was the right call to pick up the flag.
I had always thought even on screens there was a bit of timing where they don't go downfield until after the pass is thrown but all this time I didn't know about this lol

I had always thought even on screens there was a bit of timing where they don't go downfield until after the pass is thrown but all this time I didn't know about this lol
Most screen passes go beyond the line of scrimmage so they have to stay behind

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back