PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Ravens beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens every year it seems like. Two or 3 games a year are just bad. I did like some of the progress Sanu was making as well as others but we stunk the place up

Makes me wonder if Jackson will last the season the way he runs... The next toughest running qb is Watson... They'll adjust and if we meet again will have a better game plan

Yeah, Texans game will be a great litmus test. The Watson/Hyde 1-2 punch operates pretty similarly to Jackson-Ingram. That game will tell us a lot about whether the Pats were able to adapt to this asskicking.

Lost LOS battle on both sides of the ball

No answer for 3 TE sets

Too many mental mistakes

Good news is BB has tape on the Ravens and about 10 weeks to rethink strategy

Sanu was impressive

Red zone concerns on O

Worrisome is that NE will be facing more highly competent rushing teams

Curious how many snaps Meyers got

So... our 1st round back can’t even make the field outside of that first quarter notwithstanding special teams? What gives?

The team was playing exclusively in 11 personnel (!!) today and was running a lot of hurry up. Of course you will see more White/Burkhead in those games. They tried to smuggle him in whenever the Ravens went dime and beyond and also had reasonable success running the ball until Baltimore adjusted.

Next couple of games are crucial for this team.

NKheal was a healthy scratch. People act like he’s going to come in and look like DK Metcalf? Brady may not even have good chemistry with Neal, he has zero patience with young WRs

Those "one or two sportswriters" are as much in the dark as you are. I'll say it again: Harry plays WR, not TE. They are two COMPLETELY different positions with COMPLETELY different assignments. Once he gets up to speed Harry MIGHT approximate some of what Josh Gordon did. He sure as hell is not a Gronk replacement and would never take reps away from Watson.
big man do same job as other big man, catch ball do block run ball score spike go!

Realistically, maybe there's some crossover as a big "red zone threat" between your TEs and your larger WRs and maybe your larger WRs can contribute with blocking a bit more and run up the seam or something more but they're not equivalent to a full-on TE by any stretch.

That’s a good question.

Lol what was Harry gonna do, play defensive tackle? Chase Humphries down and strip the ball from him on the fumble return?

If he could have helped keep the offense on the field for more than like a minute of the first quarter that would have been pretty helpful. But Belichick must have thought he wasn't ready, so it's all pretty much a moot point really.

NKheal was a healthy scratch. People act like he’s going to come in and look like DK Metcalf? Brady may not even have good chemistry with Neal, he has zero patience with young WRs

Well he tried to force the ball to sanu.

Offense was mediocre at best. Tom looking very un-goat-like
He wasn’t great. The INT sucked but we passed the ball effectively tonight. If youre looking for a game of his to really complain about this season it wasn’t tonight IMO.

I wish we played mobile qbs as if they couldn't run sometimes. I'm convinced things would have gone better if we treated them no different than our past opponents.

I'm over it and I still don't fear the Ravens.

If you don't respect Lamar running you will have no shot at all to stop a single drive. This is silly.

any defensive injuries besides their pride? No?.Bye week. More O line work please.

I watched every game today. I can tell you that across the board, officials made calls that skewed games one way or the other. Tonight was no different.Questionable calls that keep opposing offenses on the field are the rage across the league. It comes from the top, as usual. I love the NFL, always have. I despise watching it turned into a fake narrative fiesta every week...but...it is what it is as someone we know well has iterated for decades.

BTW 210 yards on the ground to 74...look no further if you want to see the gaping wound in this loss.

Brady not playing with any for is strange. Probably enraged that we cut AB...resign him ASAP.
I continue to be amazed at these alleged NE fans who are so firmly convinced that Brady is an unprofessional diva loser. SMDH.

The most agonizing thing for me is i have to wait two weeks after a crappy loss like this. This team really needs to beat philly.

Anyone denying Jackson is super talented is insane, agreed. I wanted the Pats to take him with the Michel pick at the time, and while I like Michel I think Jackson's play has vindicated that opinion.

But that said, I really don't think he'll hold up long term with how the Ravens are using him. It's a dicey prospect, He and the coaching staff will have to be better about picking his spots if they want him to have Russell Wilson-style longevity.
Lamar Jackson isn't a good QB. He's an athlete playing the QB position and his advantage is that teams aren't used to playing or practicing against an offense like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes