PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Rams beat the Pats

If belichick doesn’t realize that newton is pathetic and should never play another down for this team, it might be time for him to retire.

Step away from the crack pipe.

Well it’s technically the end of a very frustrating season. I think BB’s insistence on proceeding with Newton as his QB after seeing that time and time again, Cam can rarely if ever make the throws necessary (even short slants are inaccurate) to allow the offense to compete. The opposing defenses knowing that he can not beat them through the air and primarily then have to just shut down the run and it’s pretty simple to beat this team. And the defense was maddeningly inconsistent this year. Could not stop the run.... safety and CB very erratic and honestly Jason Mccourty should have retired 2 years ago...snd his brother is not far behind. Gilmore tremendously underwhelmed this season....best of luck to him next year. Bentley is awful time to cut bait....Anyways this season for all intents and purposes is over....time to look to rebuilding next year and to FA and draft. Hopefully BB stubbornness won’t get in his way of cutting Newton at end of year....and try to trade Stidham to a team where he gets a chance to play.....Hopefully draft our future QB in this years draft

I think the defense is one of the bright spots of this season.

Good heavens. He said it is a reset, he has no cap therefore no depth added. He did not improve the team. He punted on the season to reset the cap.

What? If Cam had turned out to be a top twenty QB the Pats would be winning the division. That's not punting.

171 yards given up to the Rams RB. Most ever yards given up to a rookie RB in Belichick history. We have to go DT/DE in next year's draft

Just got dominated, it happens. Early game mistakes gave them a runaway lead and we choked our attempts to fight back.

This is not the game that causes us to miss the playoffs, pick any one from Seattle, Denver, Houston or even KC for that...we were far more in those games and blew them.

Apologies if already posted:

Me after the Chargers game:

The problems are still there: Cam is limited as a passer and everyone knows it, and the defense still seems vulnerable to a good running attack.​
Me after the Rams game:

Uggh!!!​

What a pathetic performance by the NE Patriots last night.

Considering it is 2020 and Americans are getting sick and/or dying from the COVID-19 VIRUS. NFL football doesn't seem all that important to me.

I was surprised that the NFL had a season during this pandemic. It sure was poorly planned, and it doesn't matter the outcome, especially comparing it to all the unnecessary coronavirus deaths.

The Patriots don't have the talent this season to compete, but for me, however, it doesn't matter considering what we are dealing with in 2020.

I am forever a New England Patriots fan.
People die of the flu and tuberculosis every year you've been a Patriots fan and it hasn't harmed your enjoyment.

The problem is that the Patriots are potentially now stuck exactly where they don't want to be: the mediocrity treadmill—not good enough to compete for a title, not bad enough to get high draft picks in each round.
4-12 > 8-8

What a terrible game to watch. Patriots defense could not stop the run - and Cam was his usual terrible self. Teams are just crowding the line and daring Cam to throw - He can't. 4 chances to score from the 7 yard line and 4 terrible runs. This is the Cam Newton offense - they don't trust him to throw near the goal line.

I don't know if I can take another game watching Cam start - the Patriots just could not do anything on offense because Cam can't read the defense and throw the ball on time. Just pathetic.

If we cant run the ball ourselves into the end zone then we dont have much else....not going to beat teams like the Rams with this game plan. I thought the 3 throws I saw for more that 10 yards looked pretty good and then nothing , then it was back to predictable Cam runs. However Harris still looks the real deal and Sony had a couple of good runs as well......but just not enough threat overall

People die of the flu and tuberculosis every year you've been a Patriots fan and it hasn't harmed your enjoyment.
More people died in the US from COVID-19 during the 4h Pats game than die from TB in a year. You could try cancer or heart disease next time, but then it sounds only half as clever.

• Sad
Reactions: sb1

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST