PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread: Pats destroy the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Attachments

• goober.png
    goober.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
I thought that was an excellent pass by Mac, just where it needed to be, and that Agholor should've been able to run underneath it... I also thought that this dude couldn't be over-thrown, especially by somebody like Mac?
I also thought Ag failed to go all out on that pass.

Some more T. Brown killing it on Sunday:

If it comes down to we can't afford JC in the future because we have Wynn, Agholor, Jonnu, Godchaux tied up for 45M, then it absolutely becomes an issue.

So, wait...paying 10.4 for a left tackle is too much? Wow, someone tell the 49'ers and the other 17 teams who are paying more, some even double that.

Paying 6.5 for a DT is too much? Lol.

12.5 for a vet TE you expect to be integral to your team for the next few years is too much?

How can you pay a Cornerback when your Left Tackle is eating up 10.4million? How can you pay a cornerback when you have a DT making almost 7?
PS. That's 29.4, not 45.

So, wait...paying 10.4 for a left tackle is too much? Wow, someone tell the 49'ers and the other 17 teams who are paying more, some even double that.

12.5 for a vet TE you expect to be integral to your team for the next few years is too much?

How can you pay a Cornerback when your Left Tackle is eating up 10.4million? How can you pay a cornerback when you have a DT making almost 7?
PS. That's 29.4, not 45.
It seems somewhat disingenuous to list the positions without specifying the players. It sounds less convincing when you replace "DT" with "Godchaux" and "TE" with "Smith".

And before people get all hyperbolic on me, I'm not calling any of these contracts busts or disasters yet. I'm just saying they're currently on pace to be, with there always being potential for a turnaround.

It seems somewhat disingenuous to list the positions without specifying the players. It sounds less convincing when you replace "DT" with "Godchaux" and "TE" with "Smith".

And before people get all hyperbolic on me, I'm not calling any of these contracts busts or disasters yet. I'm just saying they're currently on pace to be, with there always being potential for a turnaround.
Smith, no doubt so far has been disappointing, but I'd be careful with Godchaux, he has come on the past 6 weeks and has been a key anchor in our run defense being so much improved.

For the love of God will you please stop with your incessant redundant criticisms of everyone you don't like. We're on a 4 game win streak and all is good. You're too too much - nobody here wants to hear that right now. Are you a good poster or just a troll?
Put him on ignore and life gets so much better on this board.. :) hahaha

A few points. The Pats have faced four teams in the top 15 in scoring including two in the top five with the #2 (Cowboys) and #4 (Bucs) team. The Bills have only faced two in the top 15 with only one in the top five (Titans at #5). The Patriots have faced four teams in the top 15 scoring defenses with one in the top 5 (Saints at # 3). The Bills have faced one defense in the top 15 scoring defenses (Pittsburgh at #6).

The anti-Belichick crowd has repeated trashed the Pats for not beating anyone, but the Bills have faced easier competition than the Pats. The fact that the Pats faced tougher competition than the Bills may be playing into the fact the Bills have better stats.

PS. That's 29.4, not 45.
If you look at the CAP numbers for those 4players, the gist of DKF's message is there..
Wynn: 10.413M
Agholor: $15M
J. Smith: $13.75M
Godcheaux: 10.25M

Total: $49.413M against the cap.

But he doesn't understand how the cap works so he doesn't understand how the Pats could pay Jackson in the 4/64-5/90 range and still keep his 2022 ca hit under $10M

A Franchise tag on Jackson is going to be 18.56M The Pats are likely to get a long term deal done on Jackson in the the 4/$64-5/$90 range. They can make that cap hit fit in 2022 with ease while ensuring Jackson's AAV puts him in the Top 10 range of salary.

Hopefully Seems like we shouldn’t have much trouble returning most the same team next year, with some room to make improvements . Looks like jcj and dmc ( if he comes back, which i dont see why not with how solid hes been) are the only real costly re-signs. Trent would be too but I think the ol could move on fine if needed without him. Beyond that i see some rather simple re-signs and rfa/Erfa, depending on what Phillips is looking for after so far a great season

Hopefully Seems like we shouldn’t have much trouble returning most the same team next year, with some room to make improvements . Looks like jcj and dmc ( if he comes back, which i dont see why not with how solid hes been) are the only real costly re-signs. Trent would be too but I think the ol could move on fine if needed without him. Beyond that i see some rather simple re-signs and rfa/Erfa, depending on what Phillips is looking for after so far a great season
I’d love to see Trent locked up with a multi year deal to keep him as the anchor of the OL for four or five years. I think he’s made bank in his time away and now might be receptive to a decent deal keeping him in a place he knows and likes.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back