PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread: Pats destroy the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Oh being coy now. It's ok man. Let it out. You reference me every other post. And I get that you have been ranting about gender/identity issues (not that there's anything wrong that that). Let me know if you need a hug.
Keep doing what you are doing.

I will. And I'm here if you ever need a platonic hug. I understand if you're dealing with complex issues.
It's important to be able to express yourself. I'm glad you realize that.

It's important to be able to express yourself. I'm glad you realize that.

It's all good buddy. I know you're dealing with tough times. Also you immediately reply over and over, it's ok don't be so triggered. Nobody is going to hurt you. It's ok. It's ok. Just accept who you are.

It's all good buddy. I know you're dealing with tough times. Also you immediately reply over and over, it's ok don't be so triggered. Nobody is going to hurt you. It's ok. It's ok. Just accept who you are.
I always reply to posters.

You're the doofus who highlighted them as good picks. Because you're a geezer homer.

And stop pretending you aren't obsessed with me. I get that you are dealing with gender/sexual identity issues but I am simply not interested. Sorry.

DKF -Seriously.. YOU are the one who obsesses over people.

The fact you think that there is a problem with someone's age and/or Identity shows the kind of ridiculously immature person you are.

I get it. You think the Pats drafted amazingly from 2013-2019 and also are amazing at drafting wide receiver. And that NKeal Harry and Sony Michel are awesome. You don't need to repeat it. Your record speaks for itself. And you back it up with a lot of emotional homer posts. Your position is very clear.

Yes, he is getting more snaps - last week particularly (76%). He's the guy I had the Pats taking at 15 (never thought a QB would fall).

Watching people here claiming he was "lazy" and "unintelligent" (nothing racist there, by the way, even from certain writers who should know better), or that he wouldn't pass the physical...lol.

He was a first round talent who dropped because of a minor infraction early in his college career, and I'm glad he did. Glad BB's friends with Saban. He knew. The only problem with getting him in round 2 is that they won't be able to exercise that 5th year option, and Barmore is going to get paid, big time.
Apart from a few stupid tweets as a freshman, I would argue that the reason he dropped is that at Alabama he was primarily a designated pass rusher who in his first two years was undisciplined and zigged when he should have zagged on run plays. Last year as a junior he improved against the run (especially when it came to making disruptive plays behind the line of scrimmage), and became an absolutely dominant pass rusher, but still played primarily on passing downs. I thought as a Pats rookie he would be an effective designated pass rusher but his run defense would take a year or two. I’m delighted to have been wrong. :)

Last edited:
he’s ruined just about every thread…

I don't think he realizes he does it.

:evil:

5uniqp.gif

Apart from a few stupid tweets as a freshman, I would argue that the reason he dropped is that at Alabama he was primarily a designated pass rusher who in his first two years was undisciplined and zigged when he should have zagged on run plays. Last year as a junior he improved against the run (especially when it came to making disruptive plays behind the line of scrimmage), and became an absolutely dominant pass rusher, but still played primarily on passing downs. I thought as a Pats rookie he would be an effective designated pass rusher but his run defense would take a year or two. I’m delighted to have been wrong. :)
Far and away the highest rated DT coming out falling into the second round is kind of stunning.

I get it. You think the Pats drafted amazingly from 2013-2019 and also are amazing at drafting wide receiver. And that NKeal Harry and Sony Michel are awesome. You don't need to repeat it. Your record speaks for itself. And you back it up with a lot of emotional homer posts. Your position is very clear.

DKF, you should read this. You'll like it, but might learn that you've been aiming your nonstop fire in the wrong direction:

Far and away the highest rated DT coming out falling into the second round is kind of stunning.
Barmore didn't have a TON of experience. He had 1 year in HS and 2+ years in college And teams downgraded him for it.. Teams also didn't listen to Barmore's position coach or Nick Saban. If they had, they'd have known that Barmore's "lack of experience" was actually a benefit. That he soaked up teaching like a sponge and didn't have bad habits on the field to break. Saban's structure at Alabama was a really GOOD thing for Barmore and, I believe, it's why he's excelling here.

DKF, you should read this. You'll like it,

Thanks for sharing. I saw this I think yesterday when it came out. Yeah agree.
1. Kraft himself said the drafts weren't great and they needed a new approach.
2. This NBC article also notes Wolf and Groh heavily involved now. No more of this john carroll cabal giving BB terrible advice, and causing BB to have this closed approach.
3. The article doesn't note this but I personally suspect Caserio totally checked out once he was blocked the first time to go to Houston. Not a good thing since Caserio was central to every piece. The guy just didn't care his last couple seasons.

Barmore didn't have a TON of experience. He had 1 year in HS and 2+ years in college And teams downgraded him for it.. Teams also didn't listen to Barmore's position coach or Nick Saban. If they had, they'd have known that Barmore's "lack of experience" was actually a benefit. That he soaked up teaching like a sponge and didn't have bad habits on the field to break. Saban's structure at Alabama was a really GOOD thing for Barmore and, I believe, it's why he's excelling here.

Barmore was on fire in Dec'20 and the entire college playoffs in Alabama. My minor concern which was alleviated was 68% of Barmore's snaps in college were obvious passing downs, but he clearly is good against the run as a Patriot. Examples like Barmore are why I'm not a proponent of doing all these college scouting threads too early. You just get locked in on junior-year guys before this season's Nov/Dec and then miss a bunch of really talented college players who blossom in their very last season in college (like Mac and Barmore).

It was weird how rumors by so-called draft pundits spread about him not being a hard worker or a quick study came out around the time of the draft, because there wasn’t the slightest hint of any of that at Alabama and from the Alabama coaches ( and Saban doesn’t hold back on that type of thing if a player isn’t doing what is needed). I suspect those rumors were started by teams that coveted him and hoped he would fall.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back