PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Why so sensitive? All I said was it will be interesting to see how our secondary performs against DAL & LAC given that a HOU team that ranked in the bottom of the league was able to do this.

Sorry I dared to express concern. Maybe everything is just fine and I'm just a delusional fan.
your post came across to me as pessimistic, expecting the worst more than expressing concern. I’ll admit my perception was conditioned by your body of work in previous posts. If I’m wrong I apologize, but if I’m not wrong please stop denying and own your negativity.

I actually considered this week that the wholesale injury/Covid of the OL was a bit of a shadow tryout for a different group.
None of those starters were doing that well. I wouldn't be surprised to see either this unit go again next week, or at least a couple of them mix in with the returners to find the best mix.
Herron seemed better at LT than RT (and as good as Wynn of late)
Cajuste appeared better than any RT start this year - he might be the one that sticks going forward.
Karras is good, but not better than Mason. Need to see more of Onwenu at LG.
It will be interesting.

Culley gave us this game with the punt, 57 yard field goal, etc.

The reality is that we weren't good at all. Our secondary is suspect, run defense stinks. Coaching is bad, I still don't like what I see from Mac when he throws more than 15 yards down the field.

This is one of those games where you say "a win is a win", but then you lose two straight and wonder why...

This win confirms that we're only going to get 4-6 wins this year.

This is your doctor. I'm going to up your meds immediately.

In my 40 years of football watching I have never seen such a calamity on a punt play.

All the different formations, the time out..... only for the ball to go off the protector's head and go for a gross of 0 yards. LMFAO.
What about the colts a few years ago when they had the long snapper and the punter no line to block, it was some kind of trick play. i didn't watch todays debacle, was it worse?

Overall I’m happy they won. I’m happy with what Mac Jones continues to show.

That said, this is not a good football team right now. We need to focus on developing our young players and have another strong offseason and draft.

What bout Indy's cluster vs us years ago where they spread the OL out to the left and right, left just the C and the 2 G's in the middle, then the punter came up under center, took the hike, and was tackled for a 2 yard loss?
Beat me to it.

What bout Indy's cluster vs us years ago where they spread the OL out to the left and right, left just the C and the 2 G's in the middle, then the punter came up under center, took the hike, and was tackled for a 2 yard loss?

To be fair, it's a real stretch calling that one a punt play... it wasn't even actually the punter under center (McAfee was off near the sideline somewhere). It was a gunner. Just an all around (hilarious) debacle of a play.

What about the colts a few years ago when they had the long snapper and the punter no line to block, it was some kind of trick play. i didn't watch todays debacle, was it worse?

No. The punt bungle by the colts was much worse.

Here’s the thing I wish to make clear. I want the Pats to win. I want Mac to be The Guy for the next decade or more. I want Belichick to be his head coach for as long as reasonably possible given his age. I want him to get the Shula record. These are things I want.

However, I am just SICK of the coaches and team personnel below Bill being either a bunch of his sycophants or his own kids. Please, Kraft, demand he hire a real god damned stuff. Make him take a cut out of his allegedly 20+ million a year salary to pay for them if you must. Just please Pats, GET REAL COACHES. PLEASE. And don’t say “there’s Mayo” because unless he gets a promotion and a title next year he IS gone because he’s already on the short list for a HEAD coaching job.

This shows you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to the Patriots Coaching staff. It shows that you can't be bothered to listen to the Asst. Coaches who have moved on. Including the likes of Weis, Crennel, Patricia, Mangina, and Flores. Who've all stated that BB HATES sychophants. You're also ignoring that "his kids" by all accounts have been treated more harshly than other coaches by BB and have earned their positions. They've not been handed to them.

When the Patriots have gone OUTSIDE for coaches, how has that turned out:
Dean Pees - Defense wasn't great
Corwin Brown - was a disaster as a DBs coach. Was gone after just one season.
Brett Bielema-The D-line wasn't great, but not a disaster either.
Dave DeGuiglielmo - A disaster of an O-line coach.

The fact that you're slamming the likes of Fears, Brown, Bricillo etc when they've busted their rear ends just takes away from any credibility you might have on the subject.

We spent $100 million in free agency, have players returning from COVID, have a pro-ready QB, and were 7-9 last season.

We should be better than this. This team looks like it will be WORSE than last year.
yes, bcs it's missing gilly

I don't like how Mac seems to have a slight limp walking around the bench area. I noticed it 2 or 3x during today's game.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back