PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Funny people like you were saying Brady and the Bucs were gonna win by 30 vs the Pats and yet they only won because a pass got tipped at the line.
I predicted 30-27 Bucs, you can see that in my post history. Nice strawman though.

Only thing to say is, we're 2-3 on the way to 14-3. Right now I need that picture of a guy at a card table on a college campus with a sign that says "change my mind."

I know there are alot of problems but very good win. Good job by Jones overall and lets just assume every single opponent is going to be difficult.

going to be interested to see the tape on the O-line this week....it looked like they played pretty well though. Was pleasantly surprised by
the play of Cajuste

Here’s the big takeaway for me:

This was the type of crap effort all around that the Patriots used to get 1 or 2 times a year under Brady, and still win because they had Brady and they’d get their act together at the end

This is the 1st time we’ve had that situation under Mac Jones….. And he was able to lead them back and put the beginning of the game in the rear view mirror. He may not be Brady, but he can lead them back.

I really don't know how much more my heart is going to take watching these games, happy with the W and Mac continues to grow. Time for a Guinness.

Interesting to see what Prescott and Herbert will do against this secondary.

The great Miami Dolphins lost today.

NE is # 2.
I know it's unrealistic to give much thought, but if the Bills lose to the Chiefs tonight, Pats will only be one game behind them for tops in the division with both games against them left this year.

going to be interested to see the tape on the O-line this week....it looked like they played pretty well though. Was pleasantly surprised by
the play of Cajuste
I really don't get why we didn't give Cajuste a chance earlier instead of just constantly benching Herron for Durant (or vice versa).

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I'll disagree with others, just on the eye test - don't think Mac played all that well today, compared to other games. If the Texan DBs could catch, he'd have had like 5 picks. Credit for Lovey Smith - I think he had Mac fooled a lot.

I want Cajuste to stick around - He's better than their #3 and 4OTs.

Things to learn. Move forward. They really needed a W here. Next week, we'll have to unleash Stevenson and Taylor, I think. Harris got wrecked.
Im worried about Mac. Whenever he throws within 10 yards, he looks great.

Past 10 yards? He looks shaky. His passes seem to be low, and not go far enough.

Is it the knee that hurts his ability to throw far?

I really don't get why we didn't give Cajuste a chance earlier instead of just constantly benching Herron for Durant (or vice versa).
that's a fair point, I think I read where he was a little banged up and wasn't ready....he looks to be a keeper

That was hard to watch. But super emotional and hard loss last week, tons of people out today, and an opponent trying everything they can to get a win. I'll take today's W and hope things can get better.

Dude. Really?

Why are you acting like that the reason we sucked today? Our defense was atrocious until Larry Tonsil got hurt, and our offense is still the same old 2 touchdown 1-2 field goal fumbling machine it's been all year.

Some of y'all are way to optimistic for no reason.
See that 3-2 team leading the AFC South?

They lost to the Jets.

Yes, the Pats are not a good team right now. Take the win and build off it. Fewer penalties today (the hold on Bourne was crap).

that's a fair point, I think I read where he was a little banged up and wasn't ready....he looks to be a keeper
Pretty impressive after starting his career looking like the second coming of Antonio Garcia. He had a nice preseason so I had a little suspicion he was better than the other backup tackles we had.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back