PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Texans

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The offense, despite being down 4 out of 5 OL and their top two RBs for much of the game (top three if you count White), were by far the better unit today. Which is confusing as f***. I realize Houston is bad but... the OL played better today than any prior OL performance all year. What???
planet of the apes its a mad house GIF

Biggest win of the year

It is impossible to predict this team. We stunk but it was the D and not the oline? secondary today was horrific. We made mills look like a superstar at times

OL held up better than expected. Defense play far worse than expected. Mac looked great, then did some rookie things. He got really lucky on what (3 dropped) picks? McDaniels has GOT to overhaul the situational calls. Just awful. Happy for the win.

Either of those teams probably gets blown out against most of the other teams in the NFL today. Defense kind of lost all the goodwill they got in my eyes a week ago.

Mac Jones though? I love him. I think he's got some clutch in him too.

We should probably consider starting one or two of the best OL performers today in more games.

People can go on about the D. But you have let down games like that after you play like you did against the Bucs offense especially on the road.
Still wasn't like they gave up 35 points, it was 22 and really should have been like 16 if it wasn't for 2 bad angles by the secondary on 2 plays.

Also there was no indisputable evidence Harris didn't break the goal line before it got punched out

I'll take a win. I would have liked to see us playing alot cleaner and we obviously have a LONG way to go but that's a character building win regardless. Double digit deficit on the road and they came back to win with a number of key guys missing.

Folk was huge today, can't understate how solid the guy's been.

Defense was awful the first half but really rebounded in half 2. They gave us a chance and the offense took it.

Henry was huge. The signings mostly have looked good thus far, and still lots of time to get more.

Big mistake bringing Harris back into this one. Now I fear he may be out a length of time and our RB corps are really decimated. Time for Rham and JJ to step it up bigtime. Sink or swim!

What a job by the OL replacements. By far our best game by the line thus far.

Collins already contributing in a big way. Monster sack at that juncture.

Wit this team, we need more out of our special teams if we are going to compete this year. They've been solid but we need some plays int he return game and some blocks / game changing plays.

Next week is a big one! A great Dallas team which right now is not a good matchup for us. Still looking forward to it, if we can pull of a win 4-3 is a real possibility. Hopefully get Mills / Onwenu / Mason back for that one.

Denver and Miami lost. Green bay is hopefully driving for a game winning fG against cincinatti. Got some help today.

We spent $100 million in free agency, have players returning from COVID, have a pro-ready QB, and were 7-9 last season.

We should be better than this. This team looks like it will be WORSE than last year.
The personel are better supposedly but they are playing just awfullly

Take 4 starting OL off of any NFL team, any college team, any HS team and see what happens.
Dude. Really?

Why are you acting like that the reason we sucked today? Our defense was atrocious until Larry Tonsil got hurt, and our offense is still the same old 2 touchdown 1-2 field goal fumbling machine it's been all year.

Some of y'all are way to optimistic for no reason.

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss.

I'll disagree with others, just on the eye test - don't think Mac played all that well today, compared to other games. If the Texan DBs could catch, he'd have had like 5 picks. Credit for Lovey Smith - I think he had Mac fooled a lot.

I want Cajuste to stick around - He's better than their #3 and 4OTs.

Things to learn. Move forward. They really needed a W here. Next week, we'll have to unleash Stevenson and Taylor, I think. Harris got wrecked.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back