PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

On a lot of those sacks yesterday there was pressure from the inside and the outside. Mac isn't Michael Vick he won't be dodging and weaving through pass rushers at all angles.

I highly doubt that will happen. Unless Mac Jones looks horrible and throws multiple picks. Zappe turned back into a pumpkin against the bears. He would've been destroyed by this jets DL.

I'm still laughing about the zappe posters trying to say a game where the QB only has 4 incompletions is somehow a bad game. If that game was bad. What was josh Allen against the jets?

Still pining over zappes two wins over garbage defensive teams. Ignoring the losses to the bears/green bay(which doesn't look as impressive in hindsight)
Zappe played bad vs the Bears.

How many games has Jones played like dog 5hit? Are you going to tell me what we watched yesterday was solid NFL QB play from either team?

Jones and Wilson are fighting it out for worst AFCE QB and Wilson won yesterday.

The biggest weakness on this Pats team is QB and its not even debatable. Smart QB play would help the OL immensely.

There just wasn't anywhere to go, imho. Even the 1 play where I originally thought he could've stepped up, it would've bought him very little extra time with yet another guy closing in to that space. Man, that 1st sack (1st play) was ~2.25s, and it wasn't even a second until he saw he was in trouble. That's way too early for Hershey squirts.

I agree and the Jets have a very good defense. Some plays he had no choice...some he did.

This is a weird compliment too, but I'll take the sacks rather than him getting careless and throwing it into an interception.
Brady was a master at throwing the ball away and not losing valuable yardage with the sack. Mac needs to learn when to throw it away so he isn't losing yards.

I've lost a lot of confidence in Mac this year, but yesterday's game was one of his best of the season and I really think the blame lies mostly on the OL. If he can play like that against a worse defense/defensive line, or if our OL somehow gets it together, there will be TD passes.

If they start rolling out Mac, I'd really be worried about this line and holding penalties. They can't seem to keep a defender in front of them - how will they prevent a defender from going outside without holding?

Brady was a master at throwing the ball away and not losing valuable yardage with the sack. Mac needs to learn when to throw it away so he isn't losing yards.
Agreed, but he's gotten called for throwing it away a number of times by the ref recently, so I get the sense he's overthinking even throwing it away.

I've lost a lot of confidence in Mac this year, but yesterday's game was one of his best of the season and I really think the blame lies mostly on the OL. If he can play like that against a worse defense/defensive line, or if our OL somehow gets it together, there will be TD passes.
Yesterday made it pretty obvious it was play calling and OL that were the problems. I'm not saying Mac can't be better because he certainly can, but I don't think he was the problem yesterday.

Agreed, but he's gotten called for throwing it away a number of times by the ref recently, so I get the sense he's overthinking even throwing it away.
Yeah...could be

3 seconds is not a lot...he should roll out and buy more time when he is aware of that kind of pressure. Then he might have more time to make a completion or throw the ball away. The issue is he is not anticipating the pressure and then not moving to avoid the sack quickly enough.

problem is it isn't just "pressure", where one can read the D line and proactively react.....he's dealing with complete breakdown up front.....tackles getting just obliterated into his feet, complete missed line calls/blocking assignments......it's reasonable to expect him to react better to 'normal' pressure.....make his pre snap reads, adjust to/feel pressure.......but a lot of what he is getting is just a complete protection breakdown, and it's hard for anyone to deal with that

problem is it isn't just "pressure", where one can read the D line and proactively react.....he's dealing with complete breakdown up front.....tackles getting just obliterated into his feet, complete missed line calls/blocking assignments......it's reasonable to expect him to react better to 'normal' pressure.....make his pre snap reads, adjust to/feel pressure.......but a lot of what he is getting is just a complete protection breakdown, and it's hard for anyone to deal with that
Mac would have had more success if their was a 6th OT all game...or even 2 RB's.

I highly doubt that will happen. Unless Mac Jones looks horrible and throws multiple picks. Zappe turned back into a pumpkin against the bears. He would've been destroyed by this jets DL.

I'm still laughing about the zappe posters trying to say a game where the QB only has 4 incompletions is somehow a bad game. If that game was bad. What was josh Allen against the jets?

Still pining over zappes two wins over garbage defensive teams. Ignoring the losses to the bears/green bay(which doesn't look as impressive in hindsight)

I've asked the Mac haters, who could come into this organization, under the demands, the pressure, the day to day grind and handle what the patriots ask of thier player's especially qb , and endure everything Mac has had to.. let that sink in.. not every coaching decision works out, and we can accept that.. bb has succeeded more than not.. but the kid hasn't been put in the best position to succeed.. we actually looked better on offense earlier in the season.. I thought coaching was all about adjusting..

a consistent o-line would be nice, even IF it was some of the castoffs they have playing.......have they started the same O-line multiple weeks in a row yet?

a consistent o-line would be nice, even IF it was some of the castoffs they have playing.......have they started the same O-line multiple weeks in a row yet?

Feels like they haven't done that since 2018, honestly. Some of it is their fault, some is just some really rotten injury luck.

Feels like they haven't done that since 2018, honestly. Some of it is their fault, some is just some really rotten injury luck.

this year seems to be the worst.....two mid-game losses of your vet C, making line calls.......and a revolving door at T......honestly this is a recipe to absolutely break a QB (it has killed the careers of many 1st round picks)......kind of lucky we're getting the QB play we are getting right now with the OL situation being what it is

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back