PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Still feel like we should have won by more. LOL. Mac does all the little things right. But he seems to be almost too conservative. We really need Mac to learn when to not take a sack, when to throw it away. And he needs to learn how to convert in the red zone when the running game stalls. I need to see him punch it in.

For a rookie though. He is well ahead of the curve. Wilson is still raw and Lawrence is still a little inconsistent. However both flash more often than Jones does, which is slightly concerning.

2021 Rookie Starting QBs so far through 2 games:

Pick 1 Overall: Trevor Lawrence - 5 Interceptions
Pick 2 Overall: Zach Wilson - 5 Interceptions
Pick 15 Overall: Mac Jones (a.k.a. "Joker") - 0 (that is a ZERO) Interceptions.

I am ecstatic over Mac, and to tell the truth I can't figure out why everyone is so unhappy with the play calling either, he is a ROOKIE but not really playing like one. Something seems to be working at least compared to the performance of the much more acclaimed Lawrence and Wilson.

What a strange week. Came out of the Dolphins game feeling encouraged, left the Jets game feeling underwhelmed.
Yeah, i'm not psyched like i normally am, feel uneasy. Hopefully its something i ate.

Last edited:
2021 Rookie Starting QBs so far through 2 games:

Pick 1 Overall: Trevor Lawrence - 5 Interceptions
Pick 2 Overall: Zach Wilson - 5 Interceptions
Pick 15 Overall Mac Jones (a.k.a. "Joker"), - 0 (that is a ZERO) Interceptions.

I am ecstatic over Mac, and to tell the truth I can't figure out why everyone is so unhappy with the play calling either, he is a ROOKIE but not really playing like one. Something seems to be working at least compared to the performance of the much more acclaimed Lawrence and Wilson.
I think it’s by design some of these play calls. They know he’s a rookie and they want to give him the role that Brady had early in his career, more of a game manager

Positives:
Mac Jones looks good, will only get better and outplays the #3 overall pick. Gotta love his quick release, especially on that trick play. I don't know how the heck he caught it and threw it so fast.
Harris with his great 2nd half TD run.
Phillips continues to be an outstanding pick up.
They embarrassed Zach Wilson getting 4 picks.
They got a division win.

Negatives:
James White leading all receivers is a problem unless you play crap teams like the Jets. I do want to see this going forward.
McDaniels has a handful of plays that he runs over and over again. He's becoming Mike McCarthy in GB or Jason Garrett. Red zone playcalling/play design is atrocious. This is a continuation of last season.
They need to get the RT situation under control. One guy on the line shouldn't derail an offense or it's play calling.
I do not want to see Judon rushing up the middle. Total waste.
Ditto with Uche in coverage on obvious passing downs.

Last edited:
Mac's first win.

7W4GPTh.gif
Goodbye and goodnight to Wilson!

New QB needs to play for a year or two

Good win - they needed a win. They dominated last week and should be 2-0.
No major injuries - look around the league, holy crap!

The Pats have more than 20 new players, I believe, on their 53, including some very major players at critical positions - 2 new WR and TEs, for example. They're only going to improve as the season goes along.

They'll figure it out.

I'm still tempering my expectations. 10-7, maybe...maybe a WC game. But the future looks pretty bright.

I am not happy that they have Jones with training wheels on, but people are going overboard with the McDaniels bashing. Jones is a rookie and it is a long season (almost twice as long as any season he has ever played). They are easing him into the game.

I am sure by mid season this offense will be far more aggressive and dynamic than it is now.

Didn't see game, but tried to catch reports. Saw Van Noy's tweat about Jet's QB throwing 4 picks.....WTF?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back