PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone will make a huge deal of the Billdos being 3-0, but our defense versus their O is going to decide the game. They won't get more than 10 points, and as banged up as our offense is, they'll score more than 20. A comfortable win...just not as comfortable as the first three games.

undisciplined mistakes by Gunther

At least he has catlike... something... :D

gunther-gebel-williams-929549da-32ea-4045-9e68-04407d522d9-resize-750.jpeg

Are we even sure that Hightower got hurt? I know everyone’s referring to it, but no one seems to have seen anything or really know anything about it. Did someone just make it up?
Bedard said something along the lines he would be favoring his shoulder. Other than that nothing

After 3 games, the defense has given up half the points the offense and special teams have given up. They've scored 2 TDs.

Missed XP. Almost missed another XP. Punt return fumble. That qualifies as stunk in my book. Now you may not agree with me. So be it. But it's a message board.
Generally outstanding punt coverage. Obviously the muffed punt and missed kick is not good, but let’s not start counting “almost missed.”

Here is my nitpick - Stidham looked way too relaxed and about 4 inches shorter than Brady

Looking back at that, there may have been a reason to throw him in there. Too relaxed and Josh saw it, good coaching move. Notice Brady never let his helmet go. That was planned.

the Pats should have won 77-0 and played flawless football the entire 60 minutes. It's bad....real real real real bad....

Also, I'd like to note that when everyone talks about how our team played scrubs for the first three weeks...it only took two rookie mistakes (and NOTHING more) for the Jest to hang 14 on the board.

It's the NFL and the talent gaps are pretty narrow. They're all professionals.

They had to release Brown for being a knobhead, Edelman got hurt, Gordon was in and out of the lineup, the O-line is down two starters, Develin was out, and Michel has been ineffective so far.

Three games in and it already feels just like 2015. The only hope is Brown's caphit comes off the books and we can make a move or 2.

We can only go by what we know but, as of now:

They didn't have to release Brown. They chose to, when it wasn't necessary. And it took just a couple of days to show why it was stupid. And, because this is a post-game thread, and I've now (sort of) commented on its impact on the game, I'm done with it in this thread.

After 3 games, the defense has given up half the points the offense and special teams have given up. They've scored 2 TDs.
way less than half actually. Like 1/4th or even less

They had to release Brown for being a knobhead, Edelman got hurt, Gordon was in and out of the lineup, the O-line is down two starters, Develin was out, and Michel has been ineffective so far.

Three games in and it already feels just like 2015. The only hope is Brown's caphit comes off the books and we can make a move or 2.
“The only hope.” Lol

Missed XP. Almost missed another XP. Punt return fumble. That qualifies as stunk in my book. Now you may not agree with me. So be it. But it's a message board.

It being a message board doesn't mean that people can't point out that you are either a troll or you have garbage opinions.

The ST performance was more of a B+ with the only issues being 2 individual mistakes. You wanna know what stinking on ST looks like ? Go check last year when teams consistently returned kickoffs to the high 30s.

What an entitled fanbase. Anything but perfection gets nitpicked to death.

Last edited:
Generally outstanding punt coverage. Obviously the muffed punt and missed kick is not good, but let’s not start counting “almost missed.”
I can appreciate the angst over Gost but if we start counting "almosts" then it'll be a long year

He is a rookie. He is not supposed to be ready yet. If he were he would have been an early first round pick.

He will look a lot better towards the end of the year and then next offseason. The learning curve as a QB is absurd - especially in NE.

I realize that, but if he's not ready yet he should not be the backup at this point...backups are supposed to be ready to go in if called upon

• Defense was insanely good. Jets offense is poor but besides a near pick that Berrios took about 20 yards it seemed like their "big plays" were about 5 yards.
  • Run blocking has been poor so far this year. Seems like half the time Sony gets the ball there is someone already in the backfield with him. Burkhead did make something out nothing a few times.
  • Was surprised that the Pats never tried the fullback. They had a couple 3rd and shorts in Jets territory where going for it on 4th down was viable and I thought that would be the play.
  • Injury situation is getting concerning. Team is thin at WR and cannot afford Jules being out for any length of time. Did not see anything on Hightower but they are at least deep at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents