PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Jags

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Statistically yeah its 3/4th but i don't think that tells the whole story. we often struggle to get pressure and f we do its often a long day. happened against the Texans, Cowboys and Bills. My point was in response to people saying they were confident of beating the Bengals. Personally i think they would torch our 3rd ranking pass defense.
Well I guess then you think they would torch any pass defense.

And one last word. Don't forget to bet responsibly with the NYFL. They care about you and not every last dollar they can squeeze out of you. Just like my friend the bookie.
Hypocritical pricks huh?

Interestingly the bar where I watched the Pats game yesterday required proof of vaccination. Negative test results were not acceptable. They did turn many folks away while I was there. Mostly Avs fans so I was OK with that...

The playoff drought is over! Us long suffering Pats fans deserve a playoff team! :)
Still feels weird to not win the division.
Remember, this is still a rebuilding year. The rebuild is still in progress until the next set of Lombardis.

Wilkerson is not the answer either. Hands of stone.

Definitely not in general, but as a replacement for Agholor he's a much better option than Harry. Better speed, and it's not like Nelson is known for his 100% catch rate either. But yeah, Wilkerson probably is what he is at this point, I don't expect he's a big part of their plan in future years.

And they have faced a similar quality of QBs as everyone else

TO a degree although not all schedules are created equal. Based on team pass rating we have faced 6 of the worst 8 passing offenses and 4 out of the top 15 in the league.

Whilst you can only play whats put in front of you schedules vary

Definitely not in general, but as a replacement for Agholor he's a much better option than Harry. Better speed, and it's not like Nelson is known for his 100% catch rate either. But yeah, Wilkerson probably is what he is at this point, I don't expect he's a big part of their plan in future years.

For this year he's definitely an upgrade vs Harry. His drops in the latter half of the game were a bit frustrating, though, and I'd rather not have to rely on him going forward. I do like his competitiveness, and he was finding ways to get open, but I still think we need a top tier guy for next year. Bourne and Meyers are a great tandem, and I'm glad to have them in the short and intermediate game, but neither demand a double team or constant safety attention.

Can you name me any game in his 4 year career where Harry played better the Wilkerson yesterday?
I'll wait....
Wilkerson wasn't even that good if you look deeper at his performance (8 targets is a lot of looks to muster 40 yards). Your point is probably valid even so.

Anyone know the status of Harris?

Wilkerson is not the answer either. Hands of stone.
I wouldn't say that at all. His 3rd would-be-TD drop was disappointing, but he was getting hit in the head as the ball hit his hands. But the wide open 2nd TD was so easy, lots of guys would have dropped it - including obviously Harry. Let's give Wilk more time and see what he can provide. It will be more telling @Mia if he helps loosen the D, which is why Meyers had a big day, or if it was just Jags bad D.

Can you name me any game in his 4 year career where Harry played better the Wilkerson yesterday?
I'll wait....
That wasn't the question that Wilkerson isn't the answer too :)

Anyone know the status of Harris?
Waiting on injury report/practice participation because it could be anything from holding him out of the rest of the game precautionary to full re-tweak.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back