PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the week 8 stats ( total, i don't have weeks 9 and 11 stats). He just gave 4x more sacks when compared to any OL in one LESS game. When Hunt went down Mahomes % dropped 5%. One player makes all the difference esp when it is the OL that protects the blind side. They can't run there, he is bad at pass protection, sometimes he seems lost, i don't expect another Trent Brown but at least Waddle or Fleming.

Seriously what is it with people not being able to read ?

I never said he is playing great. I wrote that for who he is he doesn't seem to be underachieving while players like Mason or Cannon -- who both are pro bowl level players -- are. Is this too difficult to understand ?

He is clearly the weakest link on the line but that is what you get from players like him that are available on the street and have to face highly paid pass rushers. There is a reason why LT like Solder get (over) paid in FA and that's because finding an above average LT is not something easy.

And no he is not playing any worse than Waddle or Fleming. Fleming might have been the worst tackle we ever had on the team and played significant snaps in the BB era. The only thing he was able to do was play jumbo TE. Both benefitted a lot from having an elite blocking TE in Gronk and a FB who could help out as well. In reality they are all in the same tier -- backup LTs -- where they can prevent absolutely catastrophic things from happening but will not be consistent over a stretch of games.

And the real issue is that people start blaming Newhouse for everything that happens in a way very reminiscent of how Arrington was treated in the past.

He is what he is and if Brady holds on for the ball longer for a route he really wants to develop even though he knows the limitations of his LT then it is at least as much on the QB as it is on the LT.

Lets face it, Brady is declining. He’s 42 and he is starting to look like it. He can still play at an elite level but asking him to do it consistently is probably too much.

Blaming all the offensive woes on Newhouse is ridiculous. I expect more from people on this forum to be honest.
Exactly

Wynn coming back won't magically transform th be offense.

It's all bad...why even watch this sh!tty 9-1 team?

Brady is playing behind a O-line that is not good. The offense is one dimensional and receivers are sub-par.

I personally wonder if part of the issue is that BB is now spending most of his time on the D-side and leaving the O to Josh. I wonder if what we are seeing - indirectly - is BB's impact on the offense.

Josh is one of the Best OC in the Game I'm confused about your take. :confused:

That is not what I wrote you need to read more carefully.
You said he is not having a worse season than anyone other than Thuney. Then he’s tied for 2nd best?

You said he is not having a worse season than anyone other than Thuney. Then he’s tied for 2nd best?
I think what he said earlier is Newhouse isn't underachieving because he sucks anyways.

Seriously what is it with people not being able to read ?

I never said he is playing great. I wrote that for who he is he doesn't seem to be underachieving while players like Mason or Cannon -- who both are pro bowl level players -- are. Is this too difficult to understand ?

He is clearly the weakest link on the line but that is what you get from players like him that are available on the street and have to face highly paid pass rushers. There is a reason why LT like Solder get (over) paid in FA and that's because finding an above average LT is not something easy.

And no he is not playing any worse than Waddle or Fleming. Fleming might have been the worst tackle we ever had on the team and played significant snaps in the BB era. The only thing he was able to do was play jumbo TE. Both benefitted a lot from having an elite blocking TE in Gronk and a FB who could help out as well. In reality they are all in the same tier -- backup LTs -- where they can prevent absolutely catastrophic things from happening but will not be consistent over a stretch of games.

And the real issue is that people start blaming Newhouse for everything that happens in a way very reminiscent of how Arrington was treated in the past.

He is what he is and if Brady holds on for the ball longer for a route he really wants to develop even though he knows the limitations of his LT then it is at least as much on the QB as it is on the LT.
I guess people don’t understand the concept of grading on a curve.
His play isn’t somehow better because he sucks.

Lets face it, Brady is declining. He’s 42 and he is starting to look like it. He can still play at an elite level but asking him to do it consistently is probably too much.

Blaming all the offensive woes on Newhouse is ridiculous. I expect more from people on this forum to be honest.

Yeah he has looked awful. There were opportunities to make plays. But he overthrew it. He was very inaccurate. This franchise needs to find the next QB. And soon.

The reality is we dont have TE capable of blocking, no develin, the line cant hold up (karras is a lot worse than i thought, cannon and mason are clueless, dont pin it all on newhouse) and we have 2 rookie receivers and one guy that is with the team for a whooping month. That leaves Edelman with double and triple coverage.

Either Brady and Mcdaniels acept this is what they have and simplify things a LOT or we can try to run the same offense as usual. yeah, that might work.

I guess. Not sure why that matters.
He's attempting to compare/contrast current play to past performance.

From an individual standpoint, Cannon and Shaq's play has dropped off. Karras is what he is. Thuney has been the same

The reality is we dont have TE capable of blocking, no develin, the line cant hold up (karras is a lot worse than i thought, cannon and mason are clueless, dont pin it all on newhouse) and we have 2 rookie receivers and one guy that is with the team for a whooping month. That leaves Edelman with double and triple coverage.

Either Brady and Mcdaniels acept this is what they have and simplify things a LOT or we can try to run the same offense as usual. yeah, that might work.
Actually I've been ok with Karras. He's just not very mobile or as quick as Andrews. He hasn't killed them

Isn't communication to defense cut off before the snap? Why is this Philly coach holding up a sign with Julian's number on it?
LUQPCJAJUQI6VDD22QCQNSR3PM-2.jpg

Brady is tough but he is human. We know around here what it has been like for him. What he has achieved is just remarkable.

If I can get two more years out of him as a fanbase we have to collectively take him by the hand and say "be free". He has given his all to this team and to NE and to NE fans everywhere.

Oh he will continue to fight like he always does, there is absolutely no doubt about that. As a fan of the man it bothers me to see him look like he looked at the presser last night... just being real...never really see him look as down before.

He's attempting to compare/contrast current play to past performance.

From an individual standpoint, Cannon and Shaq's play has dropped off. Karras is what he is. Thuney has been the same
But the reason the OL has been so bad is the LT. I’m not sure what purpose it serves to judge his play by a preconceived expectation. It’s like saying Trubisky isn’t the problem in Chicago because we know he stinks.

Brady is tough but he is human. We know around here what it has been like for him. What he has achieved is just remarkable.

If I can get two more years out of him as a fanbase we have to collectively take him by the hand and say "be free". He has given his all to this team and to NE and to NE fans everywhere.

Oh he will continue to fight like he always does, there is absolutely no doubt about that. As a fan of the man it bothers me to see him look like he looked at the presser last night... just being real...never really see him look as down before.
It’s competitive sports. Competitors are down when they aren’t dominating. You make it sound like he should be on suicide watch. He loves his job.

But the reason the OL has been so bad is the LT. I’m not sure what purpose it serves to judge his play by a preconceived expectation. It’s like saying Trubisky isn’t the problem in Chicago because we know he stinks.
I don't think it's all on Newhouse. Karras isn't Andrews and Shaq and Cannon are not playing like 2018 Shaq and Cannon.

I don't think it's all on Newhouse. Karras isn't Andrews and Shaq and Cannon are not playing like 2018 Shaq and Cannon.
If the LT was playing well the OL would be fine. We can’t even call a full game. We are running on 3rd and 7. That’s not because of cannon karras or mason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST