PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Look at the play at 3:30 from a linebacker perspective.

This is either bad defense by design (i.e. Bentley and Dugger drop so far back into zone they can't get to Mostert) or else Bentley is supposed to drop coverage of the TE and then spy the back out of the backfield.

I believe it's the latter because of the way his body breaks toward Mostert before the ball is thrown.

Dugger has zone coverage and gets deep for any WRs crossing over the middle of the field, so it's Bentley's responsibility to be there. This could also be a great example of the Phins reading the defense well and figuring out they can leak the RB from the opposite side of Bentley.

Regardless, Bentley is both slow to diagnose and slow to get to the RB to make the tackle. A simple 5 yard dump off with no one in coverage results in a 29 yard gain. This is a big problem for this D, repeated problem, that needs to be addressed in the offseason. We need a Roman Phifer type, a guy like Tremaine Edmunds.
i completely agree, i think if we keep playing to ILB it's ok to have on like Bentley or Tavai to stuff the run because both are good there esp. north south runs, but against east-west or coverage of the rb we could use a LB with speed for quit a few years now. If we have tavai and bentley at ILB teams can attack/exploit this lack of agility with their running backs.

To say that that play was a turning point in the game is NOT to celebrate an injury but just to note it's impact. :confused:

You should at least have added that disclaimer, especially in today's injury news climate. And it's not even true so you shouldn't have brought it up at all. Bridgewater's injury occurred as he was throwing on that play.

You should at least have added that disclaimer, especially in today's injury news climate. And it's not even true so you shouldn't have brought it up at all. Bridgewater's injury occurred as he was throwing on that play.

Oh, sheesh! What's your problem? Please don't tell me what I *should* have written. That's patronizing and unnecessary.

I wrote "His play was the turning point of the game, no question. Not just because of the great run-back but because Teddy B got injured trying to tackle him." That IS NOT to celebrate the injury as anyone with a decent grasp of our beautiful language should see.

If it's not true that Bridgwater got injured from trying to tackle Dugger, then why don't you put forward some evidence and we can politely and constructively discuss football?

WOW!!!

You are one lucky (and brave) fellow. I think that @patchick, the smartest poster on this board by a good distance, is an MIT lady. Is your GF interested in football?

I am very lucky because she is cute too :). I did not know PatChick was MIT. Yes, my GF watches and asks questions- she is learning fast.

Oh, sheesh! What's your problem? Please don't tell me what I *should* have written. That's patronizing and unnecessary.

I wrote "His play was the turning point of the game, no question. Not just because of the great run-back but because Teddy B got injured trying to tackle him." That IS NOT to celebrate the injury as anyone with a decent grasp of our beautiful language should see.

If it's not true that Bridgwater got injured from trying to tackle Dugger, then why don't you put forward some evidence and we can politely and constructively discuss football?
Sorry for the rush to judgement about your motive; I'm still shaken by the Damar Hamlin incident and hypersensitive to its potential impact on the game. And it looks like Coach McDaniel believes Bridgewater did indeed injure his finger attempting to tackle Dugger despite several contrary reports.

Sorry for the rush to judgement about your motive; I'm still shaken by the Damar Hamlin incident and hypersensitive to its potential impact on the game. And it looks like Coach McDaniel believes Bridgewater did indeed injure his finger attempting to tackle Dugger despite several contrary reports.

Thank you for that. I'm upset too, of course -- no one wants to think that they are causing the death of young men just for a Sunday afternoon entertainment. But perhaps that's a reason to be a bit gentler and more respectful to one another. Be well, Mike

But what if the heart attack occurred because of an undiagnosed heart condition and not because of the game itself?

But what if the heart attack occurred because of an undiagnosed heart condition and not because of the game itself?
Since this has apparently never happened in the NFL before it would appear to either be a fluke or caused by a new factor as yet unknown.

Since this has apparently never happened in the NFL before it would appear to either be a fluke or caused by a new factor as yet unknown.
This has happened in sports all the time. Remember Christian Eriksen in the Euros last year

Or something that is neither a fluke nor unknown/"new" ... just highly improbable/unlikely.

Bargaining tool.

The Patriots are a team that beats itself with offensive play calling which causes all the players to underperform, press and try to make plays despite the game plan.

They coach and play to lose.

Confidence, cohesion, focus, chemistry, unity of purpose and striving for the ultimate goal of success.

None of that is present on this offense.

It just looks like a Hugh Millen offense.
The difference between the defense and offense this season is startling, especially when compared to last season. They have a better group of players with a year under their belts on offense and they don't even look like they're on the same team as the defense. I can't see how there's any other explanation but poor coaching, especially coming off of last season.

It'll be very interesting to see what direction the Pats go in this off-season. If Patricia stays on in any capacity it could have a negative effect on the team, unless just sending him back to the defense works out.

Last edited:
I am very lucky because she is cute too :). I did not know PatChick was MIT. Yes, my GF watches and asks questions- she is learning fast.

People like to quote the line that football is violent chess, but I've always thought it was violent poker: figure out what they think you're going to do and do something different (I'm looking at you, Matt Patricia) so, if she gets into it further, maybe she has a career with the Pats as a Director of Football Research. (My daughter is a quant too (Harvard, Applied Maths) and a big Pats fan, but I don't think poker is her game!)

People like to quote the line that football is violent chess, but I've always thought it was violent poker: figure out what they think you're going to do and do something different (I'm looking at you, Matt Patricia) so, if she gets into it further, maybe she has a career with the Pats as a Director of Football Research. (My daughter is a quant too (Harvard, Applied Maths) and a big Pats fan, but I don't think poker is her game!)

Haha I will tell her.

Add Big Jim The Moron Murray in too. The guy is delusional and annoying asf. More annoying than the other two pricks
He might be the worst Boston sports media guy. At least guys like shank or even Thomasse are beat guys and bring something to table. I think Murrays only purpose is to suck so bad he makes Maz and Felger look better.

Yeah, not a tough call at all, throw Tomase's fat ass in the elevator and the decision is tougher.

Not for me: Ton-ass is my sports media pubic enema #1… Creeps like Shank & Bogus are smarmy, unlikable turds; but what that disgusting, back-stabbing Liar did just a few days from what should’ve been Immortality was a ****ing Crime against every single Patriots fan throughout the whole ****ing world. If I were guaranteed to get away with it, I would kick him down the elevator shaft myself and spit on his bloated ****ing carcass at the bottom of it.

D (not a moment's hesitation)

EDIT:

If we're playing that game, I'd add in:

Steve De Ossie​
John Tomase​
Ron Borges​
What happened to those guys, anyway? DeOssie disappeared after he threw the Pats under the bus when his son played for Giants and Borges is long gone, right? Is Tomase still working in Boston? Of those three, Borges was by far most punchable.

What happened to those guys, anyway? DeOssie disappeared after he threw the Pats under the bus when his son played for Giants and Borges is long gone, right? Is Tomase still working in Boston? Of those three, Borges was by far most punchable.
Thomase is still quite active, but he's been switched to the baseball beat. Probably because no one with the Pats would talk to him.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back