PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Dolphins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance this board can, collectively, start focusing on the current patriots team instead of needing to make needless "Brady would/wouldnt have.." posts? It's already old.
0.0 the same as Mr. Blutowski’s GPA at Farber and Darnold’s first half passer rating

Cam answered all the critics...he still has it. Unfortunately, he has no deep threat.It's gonna be dink, dunk. pitches, QB runs and quick curls & slants all season I'm afraid. 8-8? When the league adjusts, as they always do, this offense is going to ber
The league hasn't been all that successful at adjusting to Cam so far.

Can’t really see how anyone could want more than « today’s Cam ». I mean, he was fierce and focused. Even when his teammates fell short, he kept pushing. And the second half - he had NO incompletions in the 3rd quarter.

For one day, raging success. I was a major doubter and I still fear this won’t be a magical ride, but Cam was simply magnificent.

One play in particular : 4th and short late in the game. Not only does he get it, he pushes so close to the goal line that it was a gimme TD.

I was involved in a back and forth in the game day thread about how unlikely it was to acquire ertz from the iggles

I’d like to walk back that statement and say I was wrong. They’re terrible and maybe they would be willing to deal. Something like Harry, Michel and a first could do it.

Of course the Eagles aren't very good. I don't know why people would think they are. Wentz is not the savior even I thought he may be.

JJ Taylor is every bit of what I was hoping for and more. He is going to be a weapon.

Great win, but lots of work to do. Pats led start to conclusion. Keeping up with a high scoring team is going to make the Pats pass the ball a lot more. Its coming.

Pretty decent start to the season. The Dolphins look like the 5-6 win trash team that many speculated them to be but given our big transitional year this was still a more than solid way to start the season.

Newton and McDaniels gave so many different looks. Whether that's designed runs, zone scheme, our usual dink/dunk offense or play action. It will be a handful for opponents to defend this if Cam can stay healthy through the season. The way we controlled the clock was pretty scary at times.

Given when Cam signed and how much he had to catch up on this was an impressive debut. If we can get into the BYE with at least a 3-2 record I think we will be in very good shape for the division and the playoff race. I can't wait to see how all of this looks with about 2 more months of practice under the hood.

In a sense this was also the best kind of win where there are many teaching moments. Whether that's about Cam's awareness in terms of taking sacks in FG range, Harry's fumble into the endzone or the PIs called on our DBs there is a lot to take away from the game.

In terms of Harry I actually liked how he was incorporated into the offense. His fumble was absolutely idiotic and thankfully it didn't matter for the outcome of the game. BB will rip him a new one over this and hopefully he will never be seen trying to stretch it out except in absolute gotta have it moments (on 4th down or whatnot). Learn and move on.

The defense was surprisingly stout against the run. How much of this was not respecting Fitz and how much was real we will see next week against the Seahawks. If they can hold up reasonably well in Seattle I will actually allow myself to be positively shocked.

Anyway.. great start to a new season in a totally weird year.

Last edited:
Excellent way to start the season. Cam is getting used to his teammates and they are getting used to him, so this was great to see. Now we shall see how they play against Seattle next week but I am going to enjoy this win for a while before worrying about that !
For being here one month and being able to not play like Hoyer is very impressive for me, but as @Joker said, we need a legit weapon on offense. This can't be it.

1. Cam was excellent. 80% passing and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Carolina-MVP Cam is back and now with Belichick's new RPO offense. This is NOTHING like the crappy Tebow offense. Cam could be as good as Lamar this year. Cam is a warrior with a huge heart. I am concerned with how many hits Cam took however; have to watch his health and limit his hits. Learn how to audible to a quick slant off an obvious blitz.

2. WR Byrd played all game and no catches. He's terrible. How about getting Asiasi more touches ??

3. WR Harry wasn't playing well even before his bone headed fumble. 7 yards per catch, getting spoon-fed short passes, is not going to cut it. Stop with the excuses. Many WRs last year exploded in their rookie season. Harry is slow and also not a smart player.

4. We have an elite secondary with Gilmore, JC, and the McCourtys. But the linebacker situation is very bad. Reminds me of 2002 when we couldn't stop any goal line or 3rd and short run.

5. O-Line carried their great play from preseason into today. Looks solid. Interesting how they handled the RT situation. Hope this unit holds up this year.

6. Copeland at LB and Brooks at DB have zero business playing any defensive snaps. Reminds me of when Richards or Elandon used to play - always bad things on defense.

Agree with everything besides 3. Harry was never a deep threat receiver in college, so I’m not exactly sure what people were expecting. He made a couple nice contested bullets and carried players to a first down on the drive where he fumbled.

Pats win upped the ante for Brady. Surely he kept tabs on the score and outcome.

The Tampa vs NO is televised across most of the nation. Brady has to go out and silence the naysayers.

1. Cam was excellent. 80% passing and 75 rushing yards with 2 TDs. Carolina-MVP Cam is back and now with Belichick's new RPO offense. This is NOTHING like the crappy Tebow offense. Cam could be as good as Lamar this year. Cam is a warrior with a huge heart. I am concerned with how many hits Cam took however; have to watch his health and limit his hits. Learn how to audible to a quick slant off an obvious blitz.

2. WR Byrd played all game and no catches. He's terrible. How about getting Asiasi more touches ??

3. WR Harry wasn't playing well even before his bone headed fumble. 7 yards per catch, getting spoon-fed short passes, is not going to cut it. Stop with the excuses. Many WRs last year exploded in their rookie season. Harry is slow and also not a smart player.

4. We have an elite secondary with Gilmore, JC, and the McCourtys. But the linebacker situation is very bad. Reminds me of 2002 when we couldn't stop any goal line or 3rd and short run.

5. O-Line carried their great play from preseason into today. Looks solid. Interesting how they handled the RT situation. Hope this unit holds up this year.

6. Copeland at LB and Brooks at DB have zero business playing any defensive snaps. Reminds me of when Richards or Elandon used to play - always bad things on defense.
#6) with free agent defections and a few key opt-outs, it’d be impossible to field 11 all pros on D. I hear your concerns, but Copeland and Brooks won’t be the determining factors. Eventually Duggar will play more than Brooks. Uche, more than Copeland.

Any chance this board can, collectively, start focusing on the current patriots team instead of needing to make needless "Brady would/wouldnt have.." posts? It's already old.

It’s kind of hard when you had the best QB of all time on your team for 20 years, but yes, I agree with that in theory I guess.

Cannot believe I am saying this but since he cannot run and the receivers are below XFL level not sure the pats win this game with Brady.

Newton was good but worried if he can last the entire year running and taking that many hits. Receives are awful. They have one Edleman and the rest are all Dopsons

Me too.

Its always a concern with running QBs.

JJ Taylor is every bit of what I was hoping for and more. He is going to be a weapon.

Great win, but lots of work to do. Pats led start to conclusion. Keeping up with a high scoring team is going to make the Pats pass the ball a lot more. Its coming.
Nice call on JJ. Was a factor. Biased: but I feel the same way about he & Cam. Will they last a season’s pounding ? Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back