PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Pats beat the Cowboys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assertion?

This was your post:

There is nothing factual there. It's false assertions and personal attacks, yet you try flipping it around on me. Just for one obvious example:

People have been arguing about the Patriots WRs since the end of last year and the first signings of the offseason. There were people in favor of signing DT, and people opposed. There were people in favor of trading him, and people opposed. There were people in favor of signing AB, and people opposed. There were people in favor of cutting AB, and people opposed. There were people who were in favor of cutting Gordon, and people opposed. None of that was a battle of hindsight/foresight. The WR actions and positions were being discussed and debated from day one. This week, the debate about bringing back AB continued, online, on the radio, and elsewhere. This week, we had a thread by a poster here who was hoping that the Patriots would be without both Sanu and Dorsett, and we had people arguing against that position. And this is to say nothing of discussions about other WRs who were brought in and then moved on from.

In short, none of this has been a hindsight/foresight issue. It's been a consistent series of analysis and debates of these moves, and you're talking out of your ass. And I think you've already had enough to drink.

The very stable genius has spoken. All hail the very stable genius!!!!

If anyone's trying to claim the receivers played well today, or even acceptably, I think we watched different games.

The receivers were bad today. I don't think that means they suck, just means we're dealing with injuries at the position and they need to do better next week, and TE is still a black hole on the depth chart. Luckily we came out with the win anyway.

100% snark 0% content. Typical of you. Do you actually enjoy being despised?
Kasmir, the more you post, the more he'll post. Know when to fold 'em. I did and I had a relaxing evening thereafter. There are certain battles you won't win, but it won't be because you're wrong necessarily . . . just some people talk you in circles and say whatever must be said to "win."

If anyone's trying to claim the receivers played well today, or even acceptably, I think we watched different games.

The receivers were bad today. I don't think that means they suck, just means we're dealing with injuries at the position and they need to do better next week, and TE is still a black hole on the depth chart. Luckily we came out with the win anyway.
I think they played well enough for what they are - Rookies, inexperienced in very poor weather conditions that saw even veterans drop passes.

Why would we want that? The defense is spectacular.

The WR corps has lower ceiling starters (Dorsett, Sanu) who are more seasoned and backups (Meyers, Harry) who are raw but capable of outperforming the starters in some situations. Harry’s touchdown and Meyers breakaway catch are two plays that don’t happen with Dorsett and Sanu. Yes, the offense was a complete net loss today rolling with those two, I won’t dispute that. But I am concerned this offense will remain incredibly limited without another playmaker like Edelman who defenses need to respect. Dorsett and Sanu are not that guy. It looks like Harry and Meyers are not there at this time either. The Patriots won, the rookies got some valuable playing time, we learned that they both have some big flaws. I have big doubts that either will be breakout in 2019. Normally this receiving corps would be fine with this talent level. The total incompetence at tight end requires a level above “fine” to succeed down the stretch.

Agree with everything except IF Meyers had caught that ball he alligator armed because of the Defender he would have had well over 100yds. I am sure he's thinking he would like that one back. Harry had a couple of Drops the Big gainer he dropped out of bounds and the fade he got his hands on. I am happy he's getting playing time I think he makes those catches in Two weeks. That said Today shows that Meyers should get more playing time.

Last edited:
Why did Pats not kick a FG on the last play they had the ball instead of throwing it out of bounds. FG should have gotten the lead to 7 pts in case of any shenanigans.

I agree with them not kicking the fg. Folk was shaky all day. Cowboys would've been lining up for a block. Would've been a disaster. Brady throwing it out of the endzone was the correct call. Why there was one second remaining was mind boggling. Officials screwd that up.

I will agree Whites disappearance act is odd.

He's got a newborn at home...I'm guessing sleep is, well, not optimal.

It's either that or fnordcircle's admiration demands are more overwhelming than anyone could possibly imagine.

I agree with them not kicking the fg. Folk was shaky all day. Cowboys would've been lining up for a block. Would've been a disaster. Brady throwing it out of the endzone was the correct call. Why there was one second remaining was mind boggling. Officials screwd that up.

Jerry Jones theres' plenty more where that came from. ;)

So basically you're claiming your hindsight is superior to BB's foresight? Favorite game of our resident trolls...

No, I am just saying I disagree with the way the roster has been managed for receivers throughout the year. From no TEs picked in draft, to relying on DT and Gordon through camp, to releasing AB who was the fix to these issues etc.

And it’s not hindsight. I’ve been critical of Front Office decisions related to the receiver corps throughout the year. The Sanu acquisition was clearly needed. Brady has been playing admirably given the receiver turnover.

Brady’s accuracy was amazing today, even/especially on some of the incompletes. Reason for optimism going forward.

I agree Brady’s throws, including deep balls (except the one to Watson) were all on the money. He played good and deserved better output from the offense

When I said our rookies played sloppy and dropped/juggled catches and we’re lucky some of those drops didn’t turn into picks, I got lambasted here.

When I said our rookies played sloppy and dropped/juggled catches and we’re lucky some of those drops didn’t turn into picks, I got lambasted here.

You lose any margin for error with your post history. If you get lambasted because you said the WRs played sloppy (which I also agree they did) so be it.

Case in pt..you were wondering why we didn’t try a Fg to go up 7 with 5 seconds left. When you say dumb crap like this expect to get blasted.

But you aren’t the coach. You can’t fix problems. You complaining about them literally accomplishes absolutely nothing.
Bb focuses on what’s wrong because he can fix it. im sure after going to bruins game that they win bb doesn’t spend the next 5 hours complaining about what they didn’t do well because it has to be fixed. Because he can’t fix it.

So what? This forum is about sharing opinions. Ofcourse none of us can fix or change anything. Why are you here if not to listen to other people’s opinions?

You lose any margin for error with your post history. If you get lambasted because you said the WRs played sloppy (which I also agree they did) so be it.

Case in pt..you were wondering why we didn’t try a Fg to go up 7 with 5 seconds left. When you say dumb crap like this expect to get blasted.

It was a question. I was curious about the available options on our last play. I didn’t deserve the opprobrium on that inquiry. ************. Can’t a guy ask a question here?

Deus is a very stable genius. Be respectful. You cannot win this argument and it has been verified that it has occurred over 1,000,000,000 times . He provides even-handed answers to all without regard to socio-economic background or physical attractiveness.

Deus begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, November 23rd. 2019. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Deus, like all the resident trolls, relies on never being called out when he's wrong because we're always happy when he is. Remember when he scorned the Jamie Collins draft pick? I do...

In all fairness, remember when Collins was traded away? And we all gets draft picks wrong, even Ozzie, BB and Mayock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back