PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread-Pats beat the Cowboys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Brady threw it so fast if he was just trying to waste time? Why not roll right for a couple seconds, then lob it high? If he rolls out of the pocket, he can even throw it wherever he wants.
I think they didn’t want to take the risk that Brady wouldn’t be able to roll out because of pressure. Mike Pereira noted the intentional grounding rule requires the QB to be under pressure and then stated that was why Brady threw it so quickly.

I am in the Festivus spirit early and I'm only interested in the airing of grievances.

I have a LOT of problems with you people!

Happy people in New England....ha.

unicorns-rainbows-and-butterflies-scott-bohrer.jpg

Defense was great and I get to drink eggnog this week.

If you can win a Super Bowl with 13 points, a defense can win a championship. If Harry develops a bit, Sanu builds a little more rapport with Brady, and Wynn stays healthy this offense can be respectable.

The 2 developing Rookie WRs as our #4 and 5??? I’ll take that anyday. The problem today was that we were missing our #2 and 3. They’ll be back very soon- probably next week. People lose perspective sometimes.

I was thinking that too. Problem is the chance of a fumble. No chance of a turnover with Brady airmailing one.

Not sure why he didn’t just throw it harder and higher. That would have run the clock out for sure.

I’m guessing that McDaniels and Brady will realize for the next time you go shotgun, Brady then runs straight back with the ball and then turns and heaves it - instead of standing over center and heave it before any pressure even gets to you,.

The 2 developing Rookie WRs as our #4 and 5??? I’ll take that anyday. The problem today was that we were missing our #2 and 3. They’ll be back very soon- probably next week. People lose perspective sometimes.
My biggest fear is that Dorsett will fade down the stretch. On the other hand, having the big Sanu and Harry on the field at the same time should present some good mismatches. Those mismatches are something we've largely -- no pun intended -- been missing since Gronk retired.

Wynn does good here at the end of the game:

And some confirmation that the tripping calls were reasonable makes me happy too:

Last edited:
Patsfans.com is a safe space and anything negative will not be tolerated

didn’t you get the memo

My biggest fear is that Dorsett will fade down the stretch. On the other hand, having the big Sanu and Harry on the field at the same time should present some good mismatches. Those mismatches are something we've largely -- no pun intended -- been missing since Gronk retired.

Dorsett only got stronger as the season progressed last year and into the playoffs. He’s been very good this year also. I dont think we have to worry about him at all. Brady seems to love the guy also.

Adding Sanu and Dorsett back will be a blessing, but the truth is: this offense isn’t good enough to win a Super Bowl.

Short of re-signing Brown, I don’t know what else can be done for it.

This offense playing at a high level will look like that Pittsburgh game.

That's definitely good enough to win the SB.

I’m guessing that McDaniels and Brady will realize for the next time you go shotgun, Brady then runs straight back with the ball and then turns and heaves it - instead of standing over center and heave it before any pressure even gets to you,.
Can’t go shotgun because of the risk of a bad snap fumble.
There is no question they have practiced this and timed that it takes 5 seconds. Early whistle probably. The change might be that Brady holds on a few ticks just to be sure.

Rookies were decent today and will just get better each game !
With Sanu and Dorsett coming back the O will be really good.

Can’t go shotgun because of the risk of a bad snap fumble.
There is no question they have practiced this and timed that it takes 5 seconds. Early whistle probably. The change might be that Brady holds on a few ticks just to be sure.

Good point. The rain made for a very messy game. The Cowboys could’ve had a few more fumbles lost - they were fortunate a few times today.

Post all of your (happy) thoughts about the game here. Just post only happy thoughts.

Did I mention that this thread is for happy thoughts only? Well, just in case someone missed it, this thread is for happy thoughts only!

Stop cutting the Prozacs in half, Deus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back