PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Colts

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Looks like you've got a notification from some sort of gaming device there. Are you and one of your totally cool and definitely not virgin friends getting ready for a hardcore gaming session?
Did you see Mac out there today?

Engineering drives, making money throws, playing mistake free football, calling the shots in total control. Always swinging for the fences, but smart enough to take what the slot machine doles out and never going home broke. The NE Defense was feeding off the vibe of something very special in Mac Jones.

You were right on the money about this QB.

I like what i saw from zap, but it two games wasn't enough to convinvce me hes not a flash in the pan. He got hammered in the bears game once they adjusted in the second half
Give him the rest of the season on the bench learning the offense, spend offseason doing the same, building up arm strength, and finding passing lanes to minimize tip balls. Then open QB competition with Mac in training camp, may the best guy win, and for us Pats fans, may the best guy be good enough….

Last edited:
hey upstater...wanna give the perpetual Thornton second guessing a break...the ball was NOT catchable and there was a ton of contact on the play...stop beating your goddamned dead horse

Good time for a bye week. After that, the schedule, with a few exceptions, gets tough.

Is that Josh? Or is that his DC? I mean.. that's pretty bad..
Boy Genius took a playoff team from last year, supposedly added a number of pieces to it and now has them 2-6.

It's pretty simple. Our O is near impotent right now. Our D has won these last 2 games.
3 of our 4 losses were against running QB's. And we've not done well against dual-threat QB's the last few years.
We have Bills x2, MIA & AZ with very mobile and athletic QB's that we'll likely lose - UNLESS our offense suddenly comes to life.
I think our D can keep us in most of the games in the 2nd half, but unless our passing game finds that spark, we won't compete.

Huh? What's a "****tail"?
I'm going to alert the mods that I've been fücking downing these dâmn côcktails while figuring out a shītty way to bypass the censors like the bãstard that I am.

(which is funny because I rarely swear normally... except while watching Patriots games... which is why my wife hates football season)

Engineering drives, making money throws, playing mistake free football, calling the shots in total control. Always swinging for the fences, but smart enough to take what the slot machine doles out and never going home broke. The NE Defense was feeding off the vibe of something very special in Mac Jones.

Excellent post.

I've noticed an improvement in your content and level of obedience lately.

We appreciate you bending the knee.

hey upstater...wanna give the perpetual Thornton second guessing a break...the ball was NOT catchable and there was a ton of contact on the play...stop beating your goddamned dead horse
Can't even tell what you're disagreeing with.

Perpetual Thornton second guessing?

What?

Are you off your meds?

mac just does not look confident behind the line, unfortunately he does not seem to have posture to step up, move in the pocket or avoid the rush, he just seems lost, ducks down way to early in the eye of passrush or moves like a chicken without a head comletely lost...now it comes partly of the poor play of the OL but also of poor scheme for him, as a coach you gotta help your players out, offensively i don't see that, at times its mindblowing how bad and predictable the play calls are, thats also part of the RZ issues, you have some nice big weapons and you don't use them at all

But coming back to mac, the lack of confidence is actually multiplaying his issues, his inner clock is way faster than the passrush actually is at him, leading him to lock on first read no matter if 2nd or 3rd read are open by a mile, he does not progress there at all bc he feels the rush but not in a positive way, partly the OL looks bad as well bc of macs pocket presence and inability to manover within the pocket without panicking, i am no expert but to me it seems as it is a mixture of bad experience, lack of confidence(mental), bad technic

I am not for zeppe nor for mac, just saying what i have seen so far and i liked zeppes pocket awerness and movement way better than macs, next to him having a better sense for the pass rush, a lot of work ahead of the O, hope they improve and figure it out (with a real OC/QB coach

Last edited:
Give him the rest of the season on the bench learning the offense, spend offseason doing the same, building up arm strength, and finding passing lanes to minimize tip balls. The open QB competition with Mac in training camp, may the best guy win, and for us Pats fans, may the best guy be good enough….
Agree with this but one thing, has there been a qb that is slightly over 6 feet that has made it big time in the nfl?

Cole Strange struggling last two weeks without Andrew’s I think speaks volume how stabilizing his presence is.
Maybe that says something about cole strange also

Give him the rest of the season on the bench learning the offense, spend offseason doing the same, building up arm strength, and finding passing lanes to minimize tip balls. The open QB competition with Mac in training camp, may the best guy win, and for us Pats fans, may the best guy be good enough….
How many games of the 1st 3 drives resulting in 3 and outs do we need to see before we say maybe Mac isn't the guy

BB8XSBW does it better.​

I was frustrated with Thornton today. It wasn't all play calling. Thornton didn't dive for that crossing route early, it hit his feet and he didn't even lunge to pretend he was trying for it. That was bad effort. Then, the TD shot to the left pylon it appeared he did slow up in the middle of the route. That's a play that Brady would be swearing up and down. There was one more target that just seemed that he wasn't giving everything. To be getting all of Agholor's reps, you better give 100% every play!

Agree with this but one thing, has there been a qb that is slightly over 6 feet that has made it big time in the nfl?
Drew Brees, Griese…been several

I was frustrated with Thornton today. It wasn't all play calling. Thornton didn't dive for that crossing route early, it hit his feet and he didn't even lunge to pretend he was trying for it. That was bad effort. Then, the TD shot to the left pylon it appeared he did slow up in the middle of the route. That's a play that Brady would be swearing up and down. There was one more target that just seemed that he wasn't giving everything. To be getting all of Agholor's reps, you better give 100% every play!
He slowed down because there was a ton of contact from the DB and then he slipped. God lord.

He led him a bit too far which led to Rham needing to catch one-handed. Obviously err on the side of that versus not leading far enough given the situation and type of pass. Something I wouldn’t have brought up if it wasn’t for the other passes. His accuracy just just a tad off today. Unusual for him, that usually isn’t an issue.
Rham wasn't really open and was running at a difficult angle to Mac. It was a good play on both ends to convert a TD there.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back