PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Colts

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Great to get a win, 4 of 5 now! Dominant on d and special teams. Offense still in preseason mode. Ol looked better in half 2 but we still have no wr contributions beyond meyers. Mac was meh. Pretty concerning there but if they ever do get it going offensively, this team would be pretty damn good.

We finally looked good against an athletic qb, but not sure how much you can take away from this game lol

Im pretty confident we’ll be pretty healthy for the jets game. The key injured guys didn’t seem too far away, i think only andrews didn’t practice but 3 weeks should be enough for him imo. Huge game and a must win

I'm the only one bringing any real evidence to the table. You're saying you can see it. Why should anyone care about what you think? How much film of the oline have you watched?
I have some (modest) affinity for the strategic arguments for seeing what you have in Mac, but I agree completely that on the FACTS THIS YEAR, there's no question Zappe has been our best qb this year. There really is no rejoinder to the simple empirical argument, eh? Hence the silence.

I agree, but not in the middle of the season. Jones is not very good at the moment, he doesn't look or play like he did last year. But i don't think he forgot how to play qb, i think having fat matt and a terrible o-line has something to do with it.
Why was Mac playing terribly last year then if it's the oline and Patricia

Screenshot_20221106-163217_Chrome.jpg

Stevenson should have had another receiving TD and Thornton should have had 1 as well. Jones just sailed the ball over both of them.

I will say though that colts defense held the chiefs to 17 points so it wasn't like it was the lions d or something
Jones’ accuracy was off today. Didn’t have any of those dumb WTF throws like he had in most games this year, but the Stevenson TD was off, the two you mention were TDs that he overthrew, the first pass that Bourne dropped led him too far, etc. And he did have read issues as this thread and Archuletta has noted. Not really a good game but at least not a disastrous one. He needs to get better of course.

Wins a win.

Going forward Mac needs to play much better. He looks like hot garbage at the moment.

I played guitar through the whole game. My fingers hurt. I may have to put myself on IR. If Bill tries to replace me, my wife will PROBABLY notice there's a different guy sitting in my Barcalounger.

Style points NEVER matter
It’s not about style points, it’s legit concerning rignt now the development of what we are hoping is our franchise quarterback.

The win is great, but you’d have to be a blind homer to not be worried about Mac right now.

What a defensive performance!!! BB against a young, inexperienced qb just isn't fait!!! It feels great to go into the bye week above 500!!!! Special teams was great this week, Folk is automatic, Marcus Jones is very impressive.

Offensively, we need the bye week. Hopefully, Andrews will come back, we'll put Ferentz back on the bench and we can start playing better all around on that side of the ball.

In the NFL, it's always good to get a win!!!! We need the bye to get healthy and then it's the Jets.

Let's discuss!!!!!!
Need that offensive line to get up to par. Mac needs more time, both in pocket and generally game time.

Happy about the win. Considering all the weird upsets that have happened this season, no win is a gimme. My guy (avatar) needs to do his job and stop these WRs from fumbling. Not gonna get into what other offensive coaches need to do, though...

It’s not about style points, it’s legit concerning rignt now the development of what we are hoping is our franchise quarterback.

The win is great, but you’d have to be a blind homer to not be worried about Mac right now.
I'm worried.
Also, I know Zappe is not an answer.

Lots of people think Mac is fine and it's the oline and Patricia that is the only problem

I'm worried.
Also, I know Zappe is not an answer.
I don’t think Zappe is the answer either but I think he’s the better option right now.

One point for Mac not being the whole problem is - when there's a rare good strike downfield you see he has the ability and accuracy. And that shows that MP doesn't know how to design AND set up D's for these plays. It's too obvious. There was a lot of missed opportunity in the WR crossers. We gotta find a way to set up Thornton to get open.

Jones’ accuracy was off today. Didn’t have any of those dumb WTF throws like he had in most games this year, but the Stevenson TD was off, the two you mention were TDs that he overthrew, the first pass that Bourne dropped led him too far, etc. And he did have read issues as this thread and Archuletta has noted. Not really a good game but at least not a disastrous one. He needs to get better of course.
It was bad. I honestly felt that resorting to something like the wildcat would have been an improvement.

There was nothing wrong with the TD throw to Rham.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back