PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Colts

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Mac seems broken and is not seeing the field like he did last year, literally trying to win games without a quarterback right now

Mac's QB rating was 80 against the Jets and 89 against the Colts. No stupid floating interceptions today. Not great but he is not broken. Learning to challenge all three areas of the field, it takes time. We are winning with a QB that is growing and learning. Your post is foolish.

The design is just as baffling.

Example: the only time you run play action is with either a bubble or TE screen? The entire purpose of play action is to freeze the LBs close to the line of scrimmage to be able to throw the ball beyond them NOT in front of them????????

I'm coming around regarding the "learning on the job" for the new OC being an error.
He must be spending all his time coaching the 0-line to be the fine tuned machine it has become

Doug Flutie, Russell Wilson, Tua, Kyler Murray
Flutie and Murray both are very average to below average, you want them as your QB? Wilson was only good for a short period when he ran around - the Seahawks traded him because he is washed. You just proved the point. 6' tall QBs very very rarely turn out to be good.

Mac's QB rating was 80 against the Jets and 89 against the Colts. No stupid floating interceptions today. Not great but he is not broken. Learning to challenge all three areas of the field, it takes time. We are winning with a QB that is growing and learning. Your post is foolish.
Sorry, what? Mac has been inconsistent and has started slow af his last 3 games. Opposing defenses have a bead on him and he's not adjusting. If the Colts offense wasn't so anemic, this would have been a much different game.

They were run blitzing all first down. Mac didn't change the play to take advantage
My recollection is that at one point they did play action on first down, faking the run and made the Colts pay for the run blitzing.

Where is the play action deep pass to Thorton. They are not using his speed

Flutie and Murray both are very average to below average, you want them as your QB? Wilson was only good for a short period when he ran around - the Seahawks traded him because he is washed. You just proved the point. 6' tall QBs very very rarely turn out to be good.
Wilson played 10 years with Seattle, threw for 292 TDs and only 87 ints, and has a career rating of 100.9. He sure sucked.

I've been watching Tom Brady (in a struggling performance) against the Rams. I'd say the chances of Mac ever becoming anything remotely like Tom, at whaever age, are rock solid, stonecold Zero. They're in the same league but - you know - they're not at all in the same league.

I've been watching Tom Brady (in a struggling performance) against the Rams. I'd say the chances of Mac ever becoming anything remotely like Tom, at whaever age, are rock solid, stonecold Zero. They're in the same league but - you know - they're not at all in the same league.
If your standard is the next GOAT, you should probably stop watching football.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back