PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost like BB and TB need each other ;)

BB is 6-6 with the worst starting QB in the league. And if Cam doesn't catch the 'rona what do you think the likelihood of the Patriots pulling out an extra win is?

At this point its almost like BB decided to use the season to prove that not only doesn't he need TB12, but he doesn't even need an NFL-level QB to win.

I just watched some highlights and they did mention that JC Jackson may have suffered a stinger ?......also Jones was having treatment for a head/neck injury early in the game but I dont know if this was the injury being mentioned.

On the other side their linebacker Murray had a good game , he certainly worked hard for his team.

I think yesterday's game was a great example of Cams strengths and weaknesses at qb. The game also somewhat highlighted what Stidhim can bring to the table. I cannot believe the patriots are winning games with such uneven qb play, but it is working. That being said, as always Belichick knows what he is doing.

It was a great game to watch as a patriots fan and I look forward to the game on Thursday.

BB is 6-6 with the worst starting QB in the league. And if Cam doesn't catch the 'rona what do you think the likelihood of the Patriots pulling out an extra win is?

At this point its almost like BB decided to use the season to prove that not only doesn't he need TB12, but he doesn't even need an NFL-level QB to win.

??

Win what?

Honestly, the fact that Stidham isn't playing right now tells me the future QB is NOT on this team.

Don't be fooled by his success in garbage time.

It doesn't take much to get all the "Always Cam-ers" up on their soapboxes. Wow, I can't believe how emotionally weak so many Pats fans are. We get a big win, great! But, if anyone sees this game (high score) being anything connected to Cam being worth a big contract, or next years starter, you're crazy. This was all D & ST, and a good start in the run game - which Cam was a part of... but he's just not a good (=consistent) passer anymore. That's just objective fact.

With Brady having set the standard for Patriot quarterback work ethic - at least in the first half of his career - it's easy to understand how Belichick could be critical of any young QB who is not the first one at the stadium, as Tom usually was.
I feel bad for Stid though, he thought he'd have a chance to lead, but Cam comes in with his big contagious personality and wins everyone over. Stid gets hurt in camp, and is an afterthought from there on - so, kinda hard to try to be the leader at that point without seemingly becoming a contentious dissenter. If there's any truth to him not putting in the time, or work, then that's another story - who knows.

??

Win what?

Honestly, the fact that Stidham isn't playing right now tells me the future QB is NOT on this team.

Don't be fooled by his success in garbage time.
It’s interesting to see the same people who trash Stidham when he throws picks in garbage time, say “don’t read too much into his success in garbage time” after he had a couple of nice throws yesterday. You can’t have it both ways.

Yeah. That's the really frustrating thing. If they don't lose Cam for two weeks with C19 and had been able to practice more than five times in the month of October they would highly, highly likely have been at least 7-5 with a good shot at 8-4. Now, they haven't taken care of business in a bunch of other games so they deserve the 6-6 they're at. (Which only makes it more frustrating that 8-4 was easily within reach.)

The problem here is that you're evaluating a 2nd year 4th round pick as if he was a top half 1st round draft pick. The kid is still learning. If you can't admit that then why should anyone listen to your opinion?
There’s talk on the board that he should start right now over Cam Newton.

Bill clearly disagrees with that and based on what we've seen from Stid so far I don't blame him.

Stid is a 4th round pick. Not sure why the expectation is for a guy like that to be great enough to be the heir to Brady. For every 4th round pick QB that is great there are dozens more who aren't.

It’s interesting to see the same people who trash Stidham when he throws picks in garbage time, say “don’t read too much into his success in garbage time” after he had a couple of nice throws yesterday. You can’t have it both ways.
I'm just glad he didn't yesterday and blow our team's shutout. Baby steps I guess.

It doesn't take much to get all the "Always Cam-ers" up on their soapboxes. Wow, I can't believe how emotionally weak so many Pats fans are. We get a big win, great! But, if anyone sees this game (high score) being anything connected to Cam being worth a big contract, or next years starter, you're crazy. This was all D & ST, and a good start in the run game - which Cam was a part of... but he's just not a good (=consistent) passer anymore. That's just objective fact.

I don't think anyone here is an "Always Cam-er" whatever that means.

But he's still the best QB on the roster and the only guy who should be starting football games barring injury. That's fact too. And arguably the greatest coach that this sport has ever seen appears to agree with that otherwise a switch would have been made already.

Love the assumption that the Pats are somehow missing out on getting 4th round draft pick QB Stidham's HOF career started.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here is an "Always Cam-er" whatever that means.

But he's still the best QB on the roster and the only guy who should be starting football games barring injury. That's fact too. And arguably the greatest coach that this sport has ever seen appears to agree with that otherwise a switch would have been made already.

Love the assumption that the Pats are somehow missing out on getting 4th round draft pick QB Stidham's HOF career started.
HA! No one is suggesting Stid is a rock star, or even worthy of being a starter. The point is, Cam has 285 attempts and 5TDs.
Stid has 26 attempts and 2TDs. We can whine about his INT's all day, but he's had 2 chances - at the end of blowout games.
But, be honest - have you seen Cam work the play (look off the LB and confidently/accurately zip it to open guy in the middle) like Stid did in the TD to Gunner? Watch it again. I just haven't seen Cam do that all year. I'm not saying Cam isn't valuable, or won't be the QB the rest of the year. I'm just saying Stid isn't poop, and could be better as a system passer in this offense. But, I agree, BB values the experience, running and leadership Cam brings, and I don't expect to see Stid unless we lose the next 2/3 games.

HA! No one is suggesting Stid is a rock star, or even worthy of being a starter. The point is, Cam has 285 attempts and 5TDs.
Stid has 26 attempts and 2TDs. We can whine about his INT's all day, but he's had 2 chances - at the end of blowout games.
But, be honest - have you seen Cam work the play (look off the LB and confidently/accurately zip it to open guy in the middle) like Stid did in the TD to Gunner? Watch it again. I just haven't seen Cam do that all year. I'm not saying Cam isn't valuable, or won't be the QB the rest of the year. I'm just saying Stid isn't poop, and could be better as a system passer in this offense. But, I agree, BB values the experience, running and leadership Cam brings, and I don't expect to see Stid unless we lose the next 2/3 games.
Stid making one play and in garbage time isn't an argument to start him. I don't disagree about Cam as a passer. But Bill has seen fit to keep a limited passer as the starter and that to me is more an indictment of our backups than a statement about Cam.

Cam still gives the Pats the best chance to win right now. Stid would start if Bill felt Stid was all that and there was a chance that he'd be the heir to Brady and just needs work. The heir is not on the roster. It's not Stid.

4th round draft pick QBs like Stid shouldn't be expected to be great. That's one round later than Mallett and how did he turn out.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
is more an indictment of our backups than a statement about Cam.

Why is it an all or nothing proposition that doesn't evolve? It throws out any concept of change or growth which both QBs could exhibit, but in one case there are thousands of past historical examples in an NFL career to examine and in the other maybe hundreds. It's not an "indictment" it's just the current decision which may change as we move forward whether this year or next.

This is similar to your "BB will be fired" post - let's increase the flame heat (Stidham will be cut before next year) and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3