PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hit the wrong hole. He didn't stay clear and let the DL do their work, and let the play come to him. Got a little greedy, went in and got swallowed up.
Actually it was an influence play and they tricked him but messing with his key by pulling an ol.

That long run was a blatant hold...the OL had our DT behind the shoulder blade. With all the flags they threw hard to explained how they missed that one

The long run where Bentley went to the B gap instead of staying in the A Gap? I missed that hold.. Would love to see a screenshot of it..

Yeah, I'm also not sure what kind of separation is supposed to be gotten when Brady's receiving the ball, doing a partial pirouette, and then immediately gunning the ball without really looking. That's a play that is obviously not about having lots of separation. And that play happened more than once in this game.
That play before today has almost always succeeded.

Wasn't a great day for the passing offense. Replacement offensive line. Decoy Julian. Jittery Brady. Tough D line by the Bills. Recipe for a poor performance.

Good thing we have the Redskins next. Back to the blowouts.

McDermott is an emotional moron and will also be held back in terms of on the field situational coaching by that fact.

Eh, in thr opposite situation we'd all be going ballistic and would be complaining about the "NYJFL" and ****. Getting on the coach for complaining when his QB got knocked out is a bit much to me, even if it's objectively not a headhunter play.

I was thoroughly impressed with the Brady twirl around and quick slant pass to Dorsett...I'm so glad they ran it twice because once was obviously not enough.

The long run where Bentley went to the B gap instead of staying in the A Gap? I missed that hold.. Would love to see a screenshot of it..

Yeah can't remember who it was Calhoun maybe...but I only saw it once on the replay. But he had the defender twisted while grabbing him.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Gordon looks out of shape? He doesn't play like he's ripped.

I was thoroughly impressed with the Brady twirl around and quick slant pass to Dorsett...I'm so glad they ran it twice because once was obviously not enough.

Play is fine amd has worked in the past. Timing and throw were off. Tough to know in that situation if it was Brady or Dorsett or both at fault.

Frank Gore... I really appreciate having him in the NFL. Somewhat quietly an amazing career.

It would not have been so amazing today with Hightower in there but *shrug*, he’s been a stalwart player.

Is it just me or does anyone else think Gordon looks out of shape? He doesn't play like he's ripped.

He missed all of training camp. Much like last year, when he got suspended just as he hit his stride, we're going to have to wait for him to get up to speed both physically and mentally while he makes the occasional tantalizing circus play.

Carson and Penny? Worse receivers but better runners

Was - they suck. Yes

SF - Breida, Mostert and Coleman are not worse. Give them TB and BB and they would kill it.

TB - yes they suck

Den - Lindsey and Freeman are not worse. See SF.

Atl - yes they suck.

Cin - Mixon and Gio are not worse.

SMH.. Mixon and Gio are way worse.. What's Lindsey's excuse for his 3.6YPC this season? And Carson's for his 3.5YPC?

You claim people are "better runners" but you have very little data to compare it with.. And certainly nothing to much such grandiose claims..

Mixon and Gio have 119 yards on 48 carries.. 12 catches for 107 yards.

That's WAY worse than the Pats 3.. 94 for 320.. 30 catches 249 yards..

Wasn't a great day for the passing offense. Replacement offensive line. Decoy Julian. Jittery Brady. Tough D line by the Bills. Recipe for a poor performance.

Good thing we have the Redskins next. Back to the blowouts.

Not just their D-Line.. Their Front 7 is damn good. That kid Edmunds blew up more than a few plays on his own..

One thing I didn't see all game and I might have missed it was Brady calling out the Mike.. Anyone else catch it?

Frank Gore... I really appreciate having him in the NFL. Somewhat quietly an amazing career.

It would not have been so amazing today with Hightower in there but *shrug*, he’s been a stalwart player.

Would have loved to have seen Gore in here instead of Burkhead. Rexie is good, but Gore is someone that could have really taught Michel, imho..

Titans going to snuff the Bills next week

What I would love to know:

1. Sony Michel was in for how many plays that ended up passing plays versus run plays

2. How many passing targets did Sony get

I ask this because I feel he needs to catch a couple balls to keep the run defense honest
In the first 3 games we ran 60% of the plays he was in and averaged over 10 yards per pass play.
What difference does it make if we throw TO him?
The situations and personell groupings that he is in for are not conducive to throwing to the rb, or are more conducive to getting the ball down the field.
Every RB we have ever had in that role rarely caught passes.
Smith
Dillon
maroney
Bjge
Ridley
Blount

Even dion Lewis, a terrific receiver did not catch a lot of passes when he was in that role his last year.

Not just their D-Line.. Their Front 7 is damn good. That kid Edmunds blew up more than a few plays on his own..

One thing I didn't see all game and I might have missed it was Brady calling out the Mike.. Anyone else catch it?

Edmunds did play very well for them. Was all over the place. They're getting early returns on him.

I don't recall Brady calling out the Mike either. He wasn't on today. He had no rhythm.

I might have missed someone panicking, but there's no question that nothing like "everyone panics" is happening here.

Offense was poorly constructed and I love Bb. How do we not have a decent tight end? Don't give me has Ben watson. We have the worst tight end group in the NFL. The two stiffs who played today are jags...who can't even block wtf. Don't like the fact that Dorsett starts. He's always been an inconsistent bust. Sure he has a big play every now and then, but overall? He stinks. Backup LT stinks too. Wynn doesn't come back until week 11?? Time to trade for beast Trent Williams. Also, call the Bungles and ask for AJ Green!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back