PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POST GAME THREAD: Patriots Lose 34-0 to Saints

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Real changes will be made after this season. Bob’s hand will be forced if they can’t get at least 5 wins. I’m not saying Bill gets canned, but I think a big shake up lies ahead.
How. A poster here assured me nothing can force his hand. No fans etc

Team Bill and Team Mac and using Bill's decision to go with Mac as evidence that Mac was a thing. At least he's willing to admit he's wrong, he has a lot of experience with that.

LOL! I have been on this board for nearly two decades and I have never been afraid to admit when I am wrong.

My opinion about Mac Jones changed the last two games because he has completely imploded. He played well the first two weeks considering what he was dealing with, but when you implode like this things change.

And my opinion about Belichick has evolved because my opinion about investing in top flight receiver talent has changed with the league changing.

The Patriots suffered their WORST loss in 50 years!

Those who have been defending Mac Jones...

It's time to finally stop. You're just embarrassing yourselves at this point.

It's clear that the Patriots need to make wholesale CHANGES to this offense for next year.

The offense is a complete JOKE. Keystone cops - fumbling, bumbling, turnovers, and ZERO points on the board.

Not even a single drive that threatened a touchdown.

This isn't just a scheme issue anymore as was the case last season, it's an overall TALENT issue!

Kraft needs to take away BB's GM KEYS. He can not be allowed to RUIN our talent base on offense year after year!

This is what you get! Rock bottom!

You guys wondered why I was so negative about our draft? Because we didn't address ANY offensive needs whatsoever despite GLARING NEEDS!

Who knows maybe BB even 'retires' gracefully rather than officially getting fired but something needs to change DRASTICALLY before we see any improvement!

The only question is, does BB even understand how AWFUL the situation is or will he just 'run it back' this way the rest of the season and hope that things magically change somehow?

View attachment 53466
Tom brady in his prime couldn't rescue this team, he wouldn't have time to throw the ball

You’ve got to be kidding me. This would be the 2nd straight time the Saints made him cry.

This guy is flat out not cut out for professional sports.
His answers were crap too. Hunter Henry and David Andrews both seemed legitimately pissed off at the podium, very upset. Mac was doing the usual fake chipper routine despite looking like he just finished having a crying session in the bathroom.

We do indeed need to move on.

HOWEVER, we took a shot on Mac Jones being the next Herbert, at least a top 10 QB. If that worked out, the results might be very, very different. It is easy to blame everyone.

Consider that the different in drafting capitol between the best and worst team is exactly ONE pick, a very high one, but one pick.

Let's say we get the 3rd pick in the draft.
Compare those resources to the SB winner,

picking 3rd 3, 35, 67, 99, 131, 163
picking 32nd x, 32, 64, 96, 128, 160

The difference is ONE draft choice. We get that #3 pick and then pick 3 picks AFTER the SB winner after that pick.
==================
Yes, a top 5 pick COULD make all the difference. Or not.
Last time Bill picked even close to that it was Seymour followed by Mayo years later. Most teams suck for years with those type of draft picks. Bill’s never had the opportunity.

Sticking by the Coach with the sraft picks and all the cap room for another year.

Belichick built a team for 20 years in a row.
You still still can’t see the correlation from before? Did Bill suddenly forgot how to build a team after Tom left?

Bill's up at the podium

Tom brady in his prime couldn't rescue this team, he wouldn't have time to throw the ball
We need to be consistent.

Everyone says that Belichick didn't build teams for brady, that all the success was due to Brady.

Brady was NEVER, EVER 20 points behind two weeks in a row. Brady ALWAYS had a team that blocked well enough to allow him to be competitive.

"Is Mac still your QB going forward?"

Bill: "There's a lot of problems, that's not the only one."

Look on the bright side...You will always have the offseason championship you claimed this summer.

And you can watch the Pack steamroll the Raiders on MNF.
??? Shouldn’t you be posting that in the Jets forum? Pats have never won the offseason under BB, he never operated that way.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back