PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Hunter came wide open here....Zappe not quire ready yet for prime time, but yet fans want to put the ball in his hands in OT:

Double-H was Never "wide open", if even "barely" open.

The Obvious call here should've been another run, with a little trickeration thrown-in... Same for 4th down.

Don't agree with Reiss' ass-essment of the 2nd-down call either... The numbers advantage belonged to the right side of the formation; Preston Smith - if not the Entire GB defense - knew Egg-zactly where the play was coming; and the Muscle-Flexer whiffed - Badly - on his ass-ignment.

It's moments like these when we miss not having an experienced, NFL-caliber OC who isn't losing games for his team while learning his job on the fly.

Last edited:
Hunter came wide open here....Zappe not quire ready yet for prime time, but yet fans want to put the ball in his hands in OT:

It looks like Zappe was looking at his pocket collapsing rather than downfield at that point.

In general, I agree, but I think they were still protecting Zappe. And, in general and to my surprise, I think Matt called a good game even though I still can't figure out why he has that role.
I agree they were protecting Zappe. On that last series they played not to lose. And they lost.

I agree they were protecting Zappe. On that last series they played not to lose. And they lost.
Exactly what play call did you want on that last series?

Double-H was Never "wide open", if even "barely" open.

The Obvious call here should've been another run, with a little trickeration thrown-in... Same for 4th down.
Interesting Captain, I tend to agree with my friend Zack on this one...I think he was open. I was thinking about it more after a few people close to the team mentioned running on 4 downs, I have to admit, didn't think about it at the time, but that 4 runs makes sense.

Play action pass on second down.
You can't do that. We saw what happened to Zappe on 3rd down...I just shared a link that Cox sent, it almost got intercepted, if you wanted to run on all 4 down like @captain stone mentioned or others have stated, I could buy it, but we can't expect Zappe to make a play there....also we were running the ball down their throats the whole game, why change it there?

He has been a obnoxious for quite a while now, more so when he does the Pats games

I fell asleep multiple times throughout the game, what did I miss from Romo?

You can't do that. We saw what happened to Zappe on 3rd down...I just shared a link that Cox sent, it almost got intercepted, if you wanted to run on all 4 down like @captain stone mentioned or others have stated, I could buy it, but we can't expect Zappe to make a play there....also we were running the ball down their throats the whole game, why change it there?

You have to figure though as the coach youre most likely going to have to throw it on at least one play to drive 20 yards for a good fg attempt. Gb is not going to let your stud rbs beat you there, they are going to make the 3rd string qb do it. Would you rather it come on 3rd down with their pass rush going full force at zappe or on 2nd down where he may have a much cleaner pocket.

And if they are still suddenly all out against passing before 3rd down, which they were not on most drives with zappe, why not do something imaginative that gb didn’t see coming from a mile away. A reverse, a jet sweep, naked bootleg off a hard playaction which the probably would have bit hard on. We ran the most bland, predictable series there and when youre a short handed underdog on the road you mostly dont have that luxury… as we found out.

I said this yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me if we never see Wynn again on the field again barring some injury. Just a horrible game. Those are "pass blocking" grades, would be interested to see the "run blocking" grades as I would expect them to be even higher.

I said this yesterday, it wouldn't surprise me if we never see Wynn again on the field again barring some injury. Just a horrible game. Those are "pass blocking" grades, would be interested to see the "run blocking" grades as I would expect them to be even higher.
It's crazy like Wynn never improved he's now a turnstile QB Watch Out!:oops:

Wynn salary is $612,529.41 a game. He is owed about 8 mil for the rest of the season. If he didn't stink so bad, I'm sure a contender would scoop him up for a 3rd round pick (thinking that they will reclaim some of that draft capital in a comp pick when some other unsuspecting team signs him in the off-season). But he has just frankly been bad (Insert my "I told you so" diatribe on the day they drafted him here). Obviously, Cannon is a better choice, hopefully someone will offer BB something for him.

The Pats are going nowhere and it's time to unload the old dead weight if they can. I would trade away Wynn, MIlls, McCourty, and Guy if anyone wanted them.

You think McCourty is dead weight?

Wynn has been doing everything he can to destroy his market value before hitting free agency

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back