PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Yes and he had a lot of beautiful throws yesterday. No way is he past his prime
Yeah, that one throw where Jonathan Jones had great coverage was an incredible throw, I think it was 3rd and 8.

Yes and he had a lot of beautiful throws yesterday. No way is he past his prime
He’s 39 years old. He missed wide open receivers yesterday. He can’t run like he used to. No way is he in his prime

Last edited:
@ashley1992

It’s quite simple. It’s overtime, a field goal wins if. You have great field position. You have a chance to steal a win. That was cowardly play calling. They didn’t go for the win. Gb knew the run is coming they stack the box..back to back runs without a play action pass is inexcusable. One of those first two runs should have been play action pass. Patricia is a complete buffoon.
Then you would have had a 50/50 chance at nixing the successful run.

He’s 39 years old. He missed wide open receivers yesterday. He can run like he used to. No way is he in his prime
I don't know he looks the same to me

Didn't he just win the MVP last year?
You’re not even 30 years old yet. Someday you’ll get it. Aaron is not physically in his prime anymore. Not at 39

Today is not the day to be bashing our team or players. They gave it their all last night. Please stop with your constant negativity. Consider this a warning.

Thanks,

Ash
Lol

It was a great game I am shocked we stuck in it with 3rd stringer. Although he played pretty well!

I don’t think anyone is butt hurt about the loss but maybe the direction of the season being down 2 QBs and 1-3 record. Obviously that was a game no one gave us a shot in and we brought to OT.

Rodgers made several inaccurate throws/overthrows etc.. not used that. Has that been the case all year ? I’m more used to “perfection”. I suppose not having Adams doesn’t help. Although that corner pass that was dropped/incomplete was an absolute beauty. Point being: doesn’t seem like we got Rodgers “at his best”.
Not sure any QB is ever "perfect" for a whole game. Aaron had a couple bad throws in the first half and admitted that after the game: "I need to play better, and will play better."

Bill had a good defensive game plan. The defense gets paid as well. This is the NFL. I don't think the Packers looked past the Pats, but needed a half to wake up and realize they were in a dogfight.

As far as the WRs go. Has nothing to do with Davante. No one is thinking about Davante in or around 1265 Lombardi Ave. That is a topic people outside of Wisconsin like to think is relevant. Lazard missed some time early and then Sammy Watkins went on IR, so the rotation is just starting to get set. Lazard, Cobb, Doubs, Watson is a nice top 4 and when Sammy gets back in a few weeks, he is just another piece. Tonyan at TE, and Jonesy and Dillon at RB are a big part of the passing game as well. Bill worked at taking that away yesterday.

The Pack is fine. The goal is to go 1-0 each week. Take it one at a time. Up next we fly over the pond and focus on the Giants.

Pats should be fine also. I think you have something in Zappe. I would start him over Mac TBH. I don't think they are ready to give up on Mac yet, but I wouldn't rush Mac back. Hoyer? Yeah, exactly.

How’s your group chat going with Chatham, Bruinz, and Luuked? Struggling to find new members these days?
I dont talk to those guys so I dont know what you are talking about. I have never even entered a chat here.

What members are you taking about? Are you drunk again?

Last edited:
What happened to Smith BTW? That could be another big blow. Not that he's been used more than an old jar of hot sauce in the fridge, but we have ZERO TE depth. It looked like he got stepped on from behind, but the way he moved afterward made it look like it could be an achilles too... let's hope not.

OK They did not win, no moral victories. However I am willing to bet most of the team feels better about themselves today than yesterday morning. Going into Lambeau against one of the best defenses in the league, a team who only allowed Tom Brady and the Bucs 12 points at Tampa Bay the week before. Somehow with their 3rd string deer in the headlights QB rookie NFL virgin, they managed to take the game to overtime. That was a masterful HC job by BB.....BUT.....

The Pats will have to bottom out and get in the top 12 picks of the draft (maybe even for 2-3 years) in order to seriously turn this thing around. They need young top shelf talent!! Did anyone watch the Chiefs bucs game last night. Both of those teams have accumulated a stable of young elite players. Once they get the young elite players, top veteran UFA's follow. I do not think MAC is the guy, and they desperately need a new coach who will bring in innovative thinkers.

Mahome, Herbert, Jackson, Josh Allen are going to be around for another decade. Pats need to bottom out for a few years in order to get the elite talent on both sides of the ball that they will need to be truly competitive with KC, LA, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami. They also need to bring in young creative head and assistant coaches who can put dynamic forward thinking game plans in place.

Unfortunately this is the painful truth.

So the loss was actually a win. I am NOT advocating tanking....but I will not be upset with any losses this year, because ultimately it will result in two steps forward for the long haul. Barely making the playoffs and getting eliminated in round one should NOT be the aspirational goal of this organization.

This is the path that Chargers, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa Bay and the Rams and even the Eagles have taken....proven successful but requires patience

Everyone calm down. It's easy to harp on Matty P - we all did it just as much to JMD for over a decade. Truth is, Matty's play calling hasn't been bad. He's used a decent combo and rhythm of play calls, it's just been a lot of bad execution, and a lot of OL turnstyles, and a lot of turnovers. Now, of course I think they played soft in OT. That came from BB though. He decided what to do there. They should have risked something on 1st down, done a trick play on 2nd or 3rd. And then attempted the 63yard FG to win. That was BS to punt there. But again, that was BB's call. And now we can't really evaluate Patricia while we're testing out a green-as-they-come rookie. But maybe we'll see how he adapts.

OK They did not win, no moral victories. However I am willing to bet most of the team feels better about themselves today than yesterday morning. Going into Lambeau against one of the best defenses in the league, a team who only allowed Tom Brady and the Bucs 12 points at Tampa Bay the week before. Somehow with their 3rd string deer in the headlights QB rookie NFL virgin, they managed to take the game to overtime. That was a masterful HC job by BB.....BUT.....

The Pats will have to bottom out and get in the top 12 picks of the draft (maybe even for 2-3 years) in order to seriously turn this thing around. They need young top shelf talent!! Did anyone watch the Chiefs bucs game last night. Both of those teams have accumulated a stable of young elite players. Once they get the young elite players, top veteran UFA's follow. I do not think MAC is the guy, and they desperately need a new coach who will bring in innovative thinkers.

Mahome, Herbert, Jackson, Josh Allen are going to be around for another decade. Pats need to bottom out for a few years in order to get the elite talent on both sides of the ball that they will need to be truly competitive with KC, LA, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami. They also need to bring in young creative head and assistant coaches who can put dynamic forward thinking game plans in place.

So the loss was actually a win. I am NOT advocating tanking....but I will not be upset with any losses this year, because ultimately it will result in two steps forward for the long haul. Barely making the playoffs and getting eliminated in round one should NOT be the aspirational goal of this organization.

This is the path that Chargers, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa Bay and the Rams and even the Eagles have taken....proven successful but requires patience
Great post

On that last Pat series, run, run, pass that everyone knows is coming. Yeah, I'll question that play calling. Why not play action on first or second down?
In general, I agree, but I think they were still protecting Zappe. And, in general and to my surprise, I think Matt called a good game even though I still can't figure out why he has that role.

This is a good post and I tend to agree, but I think we do have some young talent already on the team that can be a foundation for long term success. I think the last two drafts have been pretty good. Some of the young players I really like are:

-Cole Strange
-Michael Onwenu
-Chasen Hines
-Mac
-Rham
-Pierre Strong
-Tyquan
-Meyers
-Jack Jones
-Jonathan Jones
-Marcus Jones
-Dugger
-Barmore
-Sam Roberts
-LaBryan Ray
-Demarcus Mitchell

I only included our younger guys. I think these are the ones that we're going to have to build around in the future and add stars like Trent Brown, Judon, Adrian Phillips, God, Parker, Bourne, Agholor and Mills and I think our future has the potential to be very good.

Everyone calm down. It's easy to harp on Matty P - we all did it just as much to JMD for over a decade. Truth is, Matty's play calling hasn't been bad. He's used a decent combo and rhythm of play calls, it's just been a lot of bad execution, and a lot of OL turnstyles, and a lot of turnovers. Now, of course I think they played soft in OT. That came from BB though. He decided what to do there. They should have risked something on 1st down, done a trick play on 2nd or 3rd. And then attempted the 63yard FG to win. That was BS to punt there. But again, that was BB's call. And now we can't really evaluate Patricia while we're testing out a green-as-they-come rookie. But maybe we'll see how he adapts.

Agreed all around. Matt has been decent and the turnovers /penalties are mostly the issue early on.

The ot playcalling wasnt overly terrible but its an example of where an experienced/great oc wouldve won it for us. A playaction pass on 2nd down probably fields an easy throw for Bailey when they were clearly selling out for the run. If not a pass, a bootleg giving zappe the option to run or a reverse could have also gone for a big play. We were too conservative and played right into their teeth.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back