PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Wow, how do the refs miss this one...last offensive play for the Pats in OT

it makes the game so frustrating to watch, most painfull are the numerous holding no calls on the Pats pass rushers, while every somewhat hold of the pats OL is called every ****ing time

Then it would be "how can you let a 3rd string QB throw after having run for 5 yards on 1st down and run game is working"
There's a great old saying that covers this: Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The Packers a long way to go and should have lost today.
Don't embarrass the rest of the fan base by acting like a jealous, butthurt sore loser.

Take the L like a man and sit down Skippy.

Sorry to all for having to witness that sad attempt at trolling. I realize he does not represent the Patriots fan base as a whole. There were only about 15 Pats fans total at Lambeau yesterday(Not many Packers fans sell their tickets. The away team is always allotted a few though per league rules) I did get a chance to speak to a few Pats fans and they were very respectful.

Good Game. Good luck the rest of the season Pats fans. Go with Zappe, Mac is not the answer.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

It was a coaching clinic yesterday. No other coach is able to keep the game within 3 scores. The way he had Rodgers confused, never saw him like that before. I think we are getting close to having a nice little win streak going, Hoping this is the week!!!
Let’s pump the brakes. If you’re going to give BB huge credit for morale victories based on his coaching ability when his players aren’t talented enough to win, then he must also be held accountable as a GM for not putting better players on the field

Agreed, I always thought Harbough was a top 3 coach and we saw what he did yesterday and how he cost the Ratbirds the game. BB is very much under appreciated and he'll be missed the most when he is gone. Very similar to TB, I always go back to his last year here, so many posters calling for him to retire, calling him noodle arm, and now wishing he was back here with BB.
BB should strip his GM duties and hire a real offensive coordinator and just be a head coach and nothing else. The rebuild would be way more successful

Don't embarrass the rest of the fan base by acting like a jealous, butthurt sore loser.

Take the L like a man and sit down Skippy.

Sorry to all for having to witness that sad attempt at trolling. I realize he does not represent the Patriots fan base as a whole. There were only about 15 Pats fans total at Lambeau yesterday(Not many Packers fans sell their tickets. The away team is always allotted a few though per league rules) I did get a chance to speak to a few Pats fans and they were very respectful.

Good Game. Good luck the rest of the season Pats fans. Go with Zappe, Mac is not the answer.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
It was a great game I am shocked we stuck in it with 3rd stringer. Although he played pretty well!

I don’t think anyone is butt hurt about the loss but maybe the direction of the season being down 2 QBs and 1-3 record. Obviously that was a game no one gave us a shot in and we brought to OT.

Rodgers made several inaccurate throws/overthrows etc.. not used that. Has that been the case all year ? I’m more used to “perfection”. I suppose not having Adams doesn’t help. Although that corner pass that was dropped/incomplete was an absolute beauty. Point being: doesn’t seem like we got Rodgers “at his best”.

It was a great game I am shocked we stuck in it with 3rd stringer. Although he played pretty well!

I don’t think anyone is butt hurt about the loss but maybe the direction of the season being down 2 QBs and 1-3 record. Obviously that was a game no one gave us a shot in and we brought to OT.

Rodgers made several inaccurate throws/overthrows etc.. not used that. Has that been the case all year ? I’m more used to “perfection”. I suppose not having Adams doesn’t help. Although that corner pass that was dropped/incomplete was an absolute beauty. Point being: doesn’t seem like we got Rodgers “at his best”.
Aaron turns 39 soon. Not every QB can play at a high level at near 40 years old. Safe to say Aaron is definitely past his prime

So incredibly frustrated that the coaching staff played for the tie instead of trying to win.
in overtime, next field goal wins, were at 3rd and reasonable, we get it to 4th and like 2 and we don't go for it at mid field.

Aaron ****ing rodgers is on the other team. Show the rookie you have his ****ing back and let them go for it. We had no business being in that game with our third string QB, We're playing with house money. If ever there was a game where the offense needed a "Hey, we trust you guys to get us a 4th down conversion" moment it was this one, instead we played for a best case scenerio a tie game.

So ****ing disappointing.

Let’s pump the brakes. If you’re going to give BB huge credit for morale victories based on his coaching ability when his players aren’t talented enough to win, then he must also be held accountable as a GM for not putting better players on the field
Nick, what was your prediction again, Packers by 3 td's if I remember correctly. What other coach gives us a chance at winning that game, I can answer that question: none

Now you're bringing up GM again since you can't get on BB the coach....ok got it.

Nick, what was your prediction again, Packers by 3 td's if I remember correctly. What other coach gives us a chance at winning that game, I can answer that question: none

Now you're bringing up GM again since you can't get on BB the coach....ok got it.
My prediction was with HOYER as starting QB. Hoyer got knocked out early, which changes the complexion of the game. Might I also remind you we LOST the game, no matter how “proud” you are of this team.

No one has ever questioned BB’s ability’s as an X’s and O’s Genius. What other NFL offensive coordinators can put us in position to win in overtime with better playcalling? Probably 31. Atrocious late play calling by Patricia.

Ashley you do this all the time. You give BB huge credit as a coach for his ability to keep us in close games in which we are the inferior talent, without acknowledging BB is the one who chose the talent.

My prediction was with HOYER as starting QB. Hoyer got knocked out early, which changes the complexion of the game. Might I also remind you we LOST the game, no matter how “proud” you are of this team.

No one has ever questioned BB’s ability’s as an X’s and O’s Genius. What other NFL offensive coordinators can put us in position to win in overtime with better playcalling? Probably 31. Atrocious late play calling by Patricia.

Ashley you do this all the time. You give BB huge credit as a coach for his ability to keep us in close games in which we are the inferior talent, without acknowledging BB is the one who chose the talent.
STFU already you POS

So incredibly frustrated that the coaching staff played for the tie instead of trying to win.
in overtime, next field goal wins, were at 3rd and reasonable, we get it to 4th and like 2 and we don't go for it at mid field.

Aaron ****ing rodgers is on the other team. Show the rookie you have his ****ing back and let them go for it. We had no business being in that game with our third string QB, We're playing with house money. If ever there was a game where the offense needed a "Hey, we trust you guys to get us a 4th down conversion" moment it was this one, instead we played for a best case scenerio a tie game.

So ****ing disappointing.
We definitely could have won. Sling it!!! Matty Patricia is a disgrace of an nfl coordinator

Ok Nick, let me ask you a question, what play call would you have changed in overtime? Let me guess, the 2nd or 3rd and 5? Where were you in the 2nd half when we were running the ball down their throats? I'll tell you where you were, nowhere to be found, that's where? It's so easy to second guess a play call when it doesn't work, but you have to think logically here. You're better than this.

One poster had a good thought and I brought it up to a few people that I trust to get their opinion. Instead of throwing on 3rd down, we run it and then go for it on 4th down again. At that stage of the game, we couldn't put the game in Zappe's hand. He almost threw an int on 3rd down. We had to run it down their throat which we were having success with all game. Not seeing where you had issues with the play calling.

BB should strip his GM duties and hire a real offensive coordinator and just be a head coach and nothing else. The rebuild would be way more successful
Ok I told you to shut up because I just didn't feel like dealing with your pivot. But let me just say this people fail to realize that part of what makes Bill a great coach is that his GM is on the same page and gets him the types of players he can coach and get the most out of.

@ashley1992
Ok Nick, let me ask you a question, what play call would you have changed in overtime? Let me guess, the 2nd or 3rd and 5? Where were you in the 2nd half when we were running the ball down their throats? I'll tell you where you were, nowhere to be found, that's where? It's so easy to second guess a play call when it doesn't work, but you have to think logically here. You're better than this.

One poster had a good thought and I brought it up to a few people that I trust to get their opinion. Instead of throwing on 3rd down, we run it and then go for it on 4th down again. At that stage of the game, we couldn't put the game in Zappe's hand. He almost threw an int on 3rd down. We had to run it down their throat which we were having success with all game. Not seeing where you had issues with the play calling.
It’s quite simple. It’s overtime, a field goal wins if. You have great field position. You have a chance to steal a win. That was cowardly play calling. They didn’t go for the win. Gb knew the run is coming they stack the box..back to back runs without a play action pass is inexcusable. One of those first two runs should have been play action pass. Patricia is a complete buffoon.

Aaron turns 39 soon. Not every QB can play at a high level at near 40 years old. Safe to say Aaron is definitely past his prime
Didn't he just win the MVP last year?

@ashley1992

It’s quite simple. It’s overtime, a field goal wins if. You have great field position. You have a chance to steal a win. That was cowardly play calling. They didn’t go for the win. Gb knew the run is coming they stack the box..back to back runs without a play action pass is inexcusable. One of those first two runs should have been play action pass. Patricia is a complete buffoon.
Ok, we'll agree to disagree. If we had Mac, I would have totally agreed, but not with Zappe in there. There was just too much of a risk.

Ok I told you to shut up because I just didn't feel like dealing with your pivot. But let me just say this people fail to realize that part of what makes Bill a great coach is that his GM is on the same page and gets him the types of players he can coach and get the most out of.
He used too..but he’s certainly not getting the most out of his $60 million tight ends who are non existent in the passing game

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back