PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Football Gods spared us the laughing stock of Brian Hoyer and brought us at least an NFL caliber QB in frappe to keep us in the game. Ultimately we lost. We should have won, but we don’t have explosive athletes on offense to make game sealing wins against good teams due to poor drafting. We have to be able to pass the ball consistently downfield to our WRs and overpaid TEs. The days of pounding the rock and wining a division title are over

Defense is pretty good . Belichick coached fine, Patricia’s play calling was disgustingly bad and he arguably cost us the game at the end. Just a truly horrible nfl coach

Onto next week.

he "shoulda" been an abortion but the doctor slapped his mother instead..
That is disgusting. What is wrong with you? This is a football forum; nobody's opinion should bother you that much. Why are you so mean, so often?

So you wanted Zappe to throw on 2nd down?

After all the success we had running the ball? Are you joking?
I’ll leave it here. It encapsulate my feeling well.

Edit: the video is with the time stamp to the specific part

Last edited:
Abysmal officiating aside, that was one heck of a gutsy performance last night. Dare I say it, reports of the demise of the offense appear to be greatly exaggerated, even.

Points will be needed next week against an explosive (I **** you not) Lions offense.

Given that he's had only a tiny amount of time with the first team, there was essentially zero chance of that happening regardless.
They let Mac run a real offense and look what happened.... Turnover central

Isaiah Wynn should have never started. Bad coaching choice and our quarterbacks paid for it dearly!

Looking at our 3 losses this season, they were all avoidable. I was unable to watch the final 3 q's last night. When I saw how it turned out I was both happy and sad at the same time. Happy we had kept it close but sad that we came so close only fall short. Like how I felt after Tampa and Dallas last season. The Dallas game sprang us onto an upward trajectory. Lets hope yesterday can do the same.

Why is Bryant still taking snaps on defense?
I was thinking the same thing about Isaiah Wynn. If he keeps it up we may have to put a few more QBs on the roster to make it through the season.

I almost think we should have run on 3rd down too, that way if we don’t get it but we get within 1 yard we might go for it. We def should have hard counted the punt snap, a 5 yard delay if game would have been inconsequential.
I hadn't thought about that, but that's a fair point. I think it was the right choice to give Zappe one chance at a high percentage throw and it didn't work out, in fact it almost got intercepted. The run on 2nd down was a no brainer, we could have possibly run it again on 3rd on the assumption that it was 4 down territory and we didn't want to give it back to Rodgers.

They had a chance yet they did now win so yeah people are disappointed.
I don't get why some fans expect everyone to be happy with a loss, especially a very preventable one like this one.

Offensive and defensive snaps : The biggest takeaway is Cannon replacing Wynn and will we ever see Wynn again? On defense, I think we will get to the point where it's Mills, Jack Jones and Jonathan Jones as our top three corners with Marcus Jones as our 4th corner. We can't afford to have Myles Bryant out there any longer, he's just a liability.

Good game. The Packers decided that the game started after half. The Pats get paid as well, and made a game out of it with a 3rd string QB. As Aaron said after the game: "Losing was not an option. That was one we had to have. You can't lose to a 3rd string QB."

Thank god the Packers woke up at halftime and realized they were in a dogfight. A dub is a dub, but going forward it needs to be better. Games are 4 quarters and everyone needs to be ready to rock from the jump.

On to London and the Giants. That is the focus. One at a time.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
download (2).jpeg

Pats definitely had their chances in this game… I give Zappe a lot of credit for coming in to a very difficult situation in a very difficult environment… With that having been said obviously he is nowhere near ready to be starting in an NFL game… Our offensive line is pitiful as far as pass blocking is concerned….. I would try to trade worthless Wynn tomorrow for whatever u can get !!! With everyone knowing you have a rookie in a tough environment… and NOT PROTECTING his BLIND side is an epic fail on the OL and our questionable coaching staff…McCourty should be used sparingly rest of this season and Bryant is awful and needs to go! We are in the basement of the AFC East and will be tough to climb out….
Nobody is taking Wynn off of our hands, not with his salary.

Should have gone for it on 4th down. No way they were going to hold. Zappe needs to get rid of the ball. Some head scratching offensive playcalls
I doubt Zappe gets that. I would have gone for it with Mac though and possibly Hoyer.

The Pats, surprisingly had three chances to win this game on offense.

each possession was a three and out.

I don't blame them for the possession at the end of regulation, running out the clock there was the right move.

Still in OT, they got the ball at midfield needing only a FG to win, and got 5 yards on first down, then stuffed and a throw away.

I can't remember the last time; the Pats had a chance on a final drive to come back and win the game when they actually did it. Long gone are the days when teams were afraid to let the Pats have a drive to win the game.

Nobody is taking Wynn off of our hands, not with his salary.
Yeah they would. Chargers would probably give us like a third or a fourth.

LOL do you think this coaching staff has the balls to go for it on 4th down? Of course not, they are well aware that they are incompetent so they coach afraid.
I can't agree with that. Bill has shown that he'll take that chance now and then.

And speaking of going for it on 4th down, did anyone see the Ratbirds game? They had the ball in a tie game with minutes left at the 5 yard line and went for it. Of course they failed and the Bills went down the field, killed all the time left and kicked a chip shot FG to win. That put an awful big smile on my face. I want nothing but bad things to happen to them and the Indiots. I bet both teams feel deflated now... for real.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back