PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick is an awesome GM who needs to start completely ignoring draft eval opinions coming from Josh McDaniels or any staff minions also from John Carroll university.
...And stop hiring D3-graduate, pencil-pushing gweeps with no D1 or pro coaching experience and who've never played the game at anything more than their D3 level...And for feck's sake stop feckin hiring TE & WR coaches WHO'VE NEVER FECKIN COACHED THE FECKIN POSITIONS AT ANY FECKIN LEVEL AT ALL!!!
Or maybe he should stop calling Saban and Rutgers coaches and actually watch extensive film before drafting.
yeah that ol' Rutgers pipeline has done dried up, that's for sure.
I'm all in on Alabama guys. How many studs keep coming out this place. LB factory. RB factory. QB factory. DB factory.
Mostly true, but Anfernee Jennings is a molasses-pile of useless feckin multiple-round-overdrafted Garbage.

Last edited:
...And stop hiring D3-graduate, pencil-pushing gweeps with no D1 or pro coaching experience and who've never played the game at anything more than their D3 level...And for feck's sake stop feckin hiring TE & WR coaches WHO'VE NEVER FECKIN COACHED THE FECKIN POSITIONS AT ANY FECKIN LEVEL AT ALL!!!

yeah that ol' Rutgers pipeline has done dried up, that's for sure.

Mostly true, but Anfernee Jennings is a molasses-pile of useless feckin multiple-round-overdrafted Garbage.

Jennings style of play is extinct in today’s NFL

I wish belichick coveted speed & athleticism more in the draft.

Justin Jefferson just got named to pro bowl today. He fell to 22.

i think we should play Wino at ILB on early downs and as a pass rush in obv passing third downs
ILB? Is he stout enough? Has he shown the instincts to play ILB? Did you mean OLB? Can he take on OGs, shed them and make a tackle?

Last edited:
Jennings style of play is extinct in today’s NFL

I wish belichick coveted speed & athleticism more in the draft.

Justin Jefferson just got named to pro bowl today. He fell to 22.
Yep...The whiff he made on that double-reverse during Miami's opening drive of the 2nd half, which ended in a TD naturally, was a feckin joke...We woulda been laughing at the TV if he had played on another team, like we used to do in the Good Old Days...but it's Billy who's been clowned, again...

Last edited:
in the post flutie/pre bledsoe era the Patriots were one of the worst, if not the worst, franchise in the league. home games weren't on tv, the stadium was half full on a good day and they didn't even warrant highlights on the local sports on the 6 pm Sunday news. you'd have the anchor end the report after showing Celtics, Bruins, Golf, Tennis, etc highlights with..."And the Patriots lost 30-6 today down at Sullivan Stadium"- no video, no nothing. it was THAT bad. I don't think people realize how bad it's going to get if they don't hit on the next draft, this draft (jury still out) or work some trade magic and somehow get a QB who can throw more than 5 TD passes through 14 games. local tv ratings the next 2 games will be rock bottom.
Look at teams like the Steelers, cowboys, 49ers, and GB, even on teams that’s haven’t won squat in 20 years they have huge followings and sell out. Yes back then the Pats were THAT bad but no longer. They have joined the elite Franchises and 6 rings is going to get them at least a decade of goodwill if not longer. It blows my mind that everyone keeps harping on only 5 passing TD’s without also stating well he does have 11 rushing TDs. 16 TDs in 14 games is admittedly still pretty bad but not the unmitigated disaster negative Nancy’s such as yourself make it out to be.

ILB? Is he stout enough? Has he shown the instincts to play ILB? Did you mean OLB? Can he take on OGs, shed them and make a tackle?
Well i haven't seen him there but I mean he was one of our best defenders early on i would like to see him off the ball there against the run instead on the edge where I think he sometimes give it up to often. I don't like our ilb so i think it's worth the shot. I can't remember who wrote it here but someone said a similar role as bruschi

That's a good thought on the defensive scheme. With Guy, Butler, Wise, and Simon all heading to free agency plus Hightower's rumored departure and Beau Allen's lack of guarantees, there's basically a blank slate to do whatever they want with the front 7. A more gap-shooting kind of scheme would also be good for Phillips, who is basically the same size as a handful of ILBs in that kind of scheme in recent years.

A more gap-shooting kind of scheme

Have you ever seen a BB-designed defense with a "gap shooting" approach as it's foundation???? There are designed schemes within it to shoot specific gaps based on what's seen by the DC over the course of a game, but the BB scheme isn't specifically designed around that as its core approach. BB defenses instead occupy blockers, read, and react to the gap the runner cuts toward from sideline to sideline aka "Stringing out the run".

"...the opt-out of TE Matt LaCosse has hurt..."

No Mike, the complete & abject failure of this FO to adequately fill the TE position with players who don't totally feckin suck has hurt.
Good one. I did not think LaCosse should made the team anyway with two rookies just 1 spot left for a vet

the dolphins had the ball for almost 40 minutes because the run defense was pathetic.

what is bb doing about our mushy front seven that won’t tackle anybody?
Telling his kids to fix it. Lotsa luck with that. They can't even get the right number of players on the field.

I'd give the job to Mayo.

Or maybe he should stop calling Saban and Rutgers coaches and actually watch extensive film before drafting.

Or maybe he should hire an Assistant GM (or a replacement one) who has some idea what a receiver looks like.

Failing that, the Krafts should force him to do so, to do, as we have all heard ad nauseum, "what is best for the team."

Belichick is an awesome GM who needs to start completely ignoring draft eval opinions coming from Josh McDaniels or any staff minions also from John Carroll university.

Ah, It's a university's fault. Who knew? ;)

Telling his kids to fix it. Lotsa luck with that. They can't even get the right number of players on the field.

I'd give the job to Mayo.
The cynic in me is whispering Bill will restock the D with the team's premium draft picks and big money FAs simply to prop his kids up.
Family first.
Kraft likely opened the door to all Belichicks in order to keep Bill around longer.
Wonder how comfortable Robert is with that decision (among others) right now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft