PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that after 1 game, pat fans would be screaming to have Brady back.
I think they need to make change at QB in 2020....if not Stidham time to start working with someone else....Tom is GOAT...but all things come to end and time waits for no one..

So does your gene pool
I’m sure he will be the last of his gene pool for reasons that are not under his immediate control.

This is the defense that couldn't stop patting themselves on the back and calling themselves "The Boogyemen" and they went out like a beyotch. The team was up 4 with 3 minutes left and they let a career backup/marginal starter walk all over them.

See what Stidham can do next year

I'll save you some time: it's nothing.

I coulda went skiing today. So Pats game will be Saturday night? NFC got the Saturday night game last season.

People do some serious mental gymnastics supporting that series before halftime as if it was any way a decent decision.

It was a massive opportunity to tack on at least 3 and give your team confidence.

I have a feeling that after 1 game, pat fans would be screaming to have Brady back.
...and I wish these "fans" would stop including "patsfans" in their screen name here. Its offensive.

Very true, lol, can't imagine what it will be like without Brady and/or Bill here. We are under the greatest dynasty in the history of the NFL and we just won 2 of the last 3 SB and you have people that are acting like Brady and Bill are clueless and are bad....just unbelievable

This place here will be an unreadable ****show no matter when he retires.

People do some serious mental gymnastics supporting that series before halftime as if it was any way a decent decision.

It was a massive opportunity to tack on at least 3 and give your team confidence.

It was a perfect 2 minute opportunity and they went "nah." Truly baffling.

Because it literally makes no difference whether you use the TO there or after a positive first play except you leave more time for the opponents to use theirs if you get a negative play.

Seriously think it through.

In what planet was this offense tonna make a long drive with under a minute to go?

Think it through

I perfectly understand the point you're relaying. I disagree with it and see with my eyes that bill had zero interest in using that time. He was content to go into the half. That's not even a opinion. That happened.

Think. It. Through.

Very true, lol, can't imagine what it will be like without Brady and/or Bill here. We are under the greatest dynasty in the history of the NFL and we just won 2 of the last 3 SB and you have people that are acting like Brady and Bill are clueless and are bad....just unbelievable

Couldn't be more different than the die-hards who followed the team through 2000 haha

Why can't one at least use "troll" in their screen name...I'd have a little respect for that.;)

...and I wish these "fans" would stop including "patsfans" in their screen name here. Its offensive.

The defense was for sure a part of it, but stop making excuses. This offense is terrible and has been all year long. Yes, Brady had a large part in that, injured or not.
Football is 4 quarters long. If negative plays occur, or mistakes are made, the teams job is to make up for those plays. Brady gave up the ball & gave the other team points...he did his job & gave his team the lead back. At this point, the onus is then on the Defense to prevent a TD. They had ONE job. They failed.

The Patriots scored 10 points in the matter of like 5 minutes and then decided to sit on the ball before the half. They had all of the momentum at that point. You cannot bring up the fact that the Patriots defense couldn’t stop Miami in the 2nd half because it didn’t apply then.

If people think A it wasnt a mistake or B that their decision was forced then they arent worth arguing with. Just need to clarify a few people's opinions because it's fun to see what people dont know while condescendingly calling out others for their supposed stupidity.

Unlike other seasons, we’re declining into the playoffs. No offense whatsoever. Throwing In the towel at the end of the second quarter was the signal. We are not ok.

That one hurt. A meaningful game at home in December to the lolphins with Fitz playing far better than Brady. I'm having the same thoughts as some of the more negative posters here but might as well see how the playoff game(s) go before barfing them out publicly.

In what planet was this offense tonna make a long drive with under a minute to go?

Think it through

I perfectly understand the point you're relaying. I disagree with it and see with my eyes that bill had zero interest in using that time. He was content to go into the half. That's not even a opinion. That happened.

Think. It. Through.

I must have missed the sequence where they took the knee 3x then.

They obviously tried to make something happen and to catch the Dolphins with a draw in a situation that screamed pass but they were prepared.

That was the end of the drive for obvious reasons. You can disagree with the approach all you want but nobody screwed up anything. This was a calculated decision and it didn't pay off.

Again. Explain to me what they should have done after the first run went for negative yards?

Calling a TO earlier would have made no difference except putting the Dolphins in a position to call TOs themselves to maybe get the ball back. They wound the clock to around a minute and had 3 TOs. That is more than enough time.

What did you want them to do ? Throw it on 2nd and 11 and risk stopping the clock ? From a strategic point of view I dont see an obvious mistake there.

With 1:50 you try to score. That's plenty of time.

When you run the clock down to a minute, then you go conservative.

I'm not critiquing the play calls AFTER they refused to call timeout. I'm critiquing them for refusing to call timeout in the first place. You have your entire playbook open at 1:50. You don't even need to run there.

It's crazy that we gave up a possession there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back