PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes barely. Usually, bc I've been using the same scale. I have a good idea of where someone will go even w/out testing #'s which play a role. Personally, just my opinion, I wasn't the biggest Brown fan but my scale liked him more than me.
WR2 Deebo 8.37
WR3 Harry8.35
WR4 AJ Brown 8.20

I thought brown was more explosive off the line than Harry. Played better competition in the SEC.

Being in a bad mood is one thing. Comparing it to a funeral is ridiculous man.
Settle down. It's a figure of speech. Maybe attacking people for no good reason is a sign of being in a bad mood too. (looking at self in mirror)

I couldnt agree more. Oddly I'm at peace right now. I don't think a lot of these guys havent been along for the entire ride. I mean I'd get it if we were fans of another team that hopes against hope every year that they even have the chance at the playoffs.
You know what’s sad? What you describe is what will most likely happen after this year with Brady gone....and pretty soon BB gone...we will probably be praying they can get to the wild card (ironic that Pats will be playing Wild card this year after having chance at 1st round bye) every year....nothing lasts forever

Just an awful loss.

Maybe if they play the Steelers or the Raiders they will have a chance next week, otherwise they are toast.

Then the purge is coming.

I expect Brady, McCourty (both of them), Van Noy, Sanu, Burkhead, Watson, Slater, Ebner, all to walk.

Leaving the Pats with no QB, no talent, a minus a 2nd draft pick!
Plus they will lose a high draft pick because of spygate 2.0...dark days ahead

Haven't read anything yet...and I'm sure it's been beaten to death but how does Belichick not go for points at the end of the first half in a tie game? He should have called a time out and had a minimum of 1:30 left with 2 time outs. Inexcusable..what could he have possibly been thinking?

We are limping into the playoffs with 3 December losses and an aging, injured and ineffective Edelman and Brady, with a supporting cast of WRs and TEs who are among the weakest groups in the league. If the D comes up with a great effort, I can see them beating a team at home next week. After that, they will see too many playmakers with more talent. Any given Sunday and all that, but too many Sundays to a trophy.

The epitaph for this team will be Bill’s failure to assemble sufficient talent at WR and TE.

I'm all in for this team! If it is not to be"our year". then, I'll watch with great interest the maneuvers to improve for 2020. Meanwhile. I am reminded of the immortal words of Senator John Blutarski who said "it ain't over until we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour? Let's Do it lol. I have received so much fun and pleasure watching the Pats over the years. Bring it on. I will be watching this weekend.

How many times has the defense bailed this team out? The offense is the number one issue.

offense has been abysmal and needs a ton of work and addition/cuts....OL needs major work

and what happened to the great pass rush we saw in the first half of the season?

Plus they will lose a high draft pick because of spygate 2.0...dark days ahead

Haha, I can see the NFL issuing a ruling this week to kick us when we are down...

How monumental was this loss?

A win would have meant Chiefs vs Titans with no rest for the divisional, Pats 2 weeks of rest, at home vs one of those. The Titans could have beaten the Chiefs.

The loss means, at home vs Titans with no rest, then away against a rested Chiefs team.

This is as surreal as the Miami Miracle. 2 hours later i still can't believe what happened.

Great strategy at the end of the first half. Worked out well.

And no convincing from anyone will ever make me understand it. Bill is good for 1 or 2 arrogant a hole moves or non moves a year that defy logic and will never be explained beyond a grunt.

Settle down. It's a figure of speech. Maybe attacking people for no good reason is a sign of being in a bad mood too. (looking at self in mirror)

Attacking? Lmao.

And no convincing from anyone will ever make me understand it. Bill is good for 1 or 2 arrogant a hole moves or non moves a year that defy logic and will never be explained beyond a grunt.

That paragraph speaks more about you than anything else. Maybe watch something less complex.

I give them a 50/50 chance next week vs Tennessee. Bill seems to struggle against former staff, the offense is barely average. And the defense had their soul ripped out by a qb that seems to have played for every other franchise in the nfl.
50/50 is about right....Bill is struggling against his former Pats coaches and he will have major coaching and personnel challenge going up against Vrabs and titans

It's all YOUR fault,Fjinx...if you had stayed in Reno instead of trying to play Ron Jeremy Jr. in "Debbie Does Austin Part1" by moving to Texazzzz, we'd all be looking forward to a bye and a free week of American Midol reruns...:mad:

You compared him to Ron Jeremy? Really? o_O

definitely in a state of shock still....can’t believe Pats lost to the doofins in their own home....with so much to play for....I predict we are one and done and will lose next week again

Brady's pick 6 was terrible but that happened very early on. We tied it 10-10 in the first half. We had the ball to take the lead and instead got satisfied with 10-10.

17-10 Miami, the offense responds, 20-17, the offense responds again and takes the lead with 3 minutes to go. A loss.

In the second half the offense had 4 drives, 2 TD's, 2 punts one of which was destroyed by penalties. We had the running game going but we never had the lead with the ball in hand so we can take advantage of that. The first and only lead was 24-20.

When it became obvious that we can't stop them, Belichick should have either be more aggressive try to force a turnover, or take time outs. If Miami didn't score it was game over anyway. Time wasn't a factor for them. If they did, at least give your team a chance. The defense couldn't stop absolutely anything on that last drive. They let the worst possible scenario happen. Let Miami score with 29 seconds left. The end of both halves was terrible. We didn't use a single TO the entire game until it was too late. :rolleyes:o_O

Another terrible coaching job against Miami for the third time in 4 seasons. We gave up the 1st place in 2015, then paid the price in Denver, the Miami Miracle where we would have lost the bye just like this year if it wasn't for Foles going ham against the Texans, and now this. People might have forgotten because we won it all but we were out of the bye place with 2 games to play.

What a terrible way to blow out the season. Instead of a home game in the divisional against a tired opponent, now a wild card then Kansas away, then Baltimore away...just heartbreaking development.

And a coach that knows the Patriot's system as well as anyone.
Matchup against Tenn with the way they are playing and Vrabel as coach....not looking good for Pats....oh well they deserve what they get here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes