PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Official Post Game Thread- Cowboys beat the Pats

Immediate Postgame Reactions
McDouche is awful….time to go ….long overdue….Brady made this clown look tremendous ….now he is exposed
McDaniels f###$# sucks. Went conservative after getting that first down in OT and predictably we didn't convert on a low percentage pass play. You knew Dallas was gonna at least get a FG why would you play conservative?

Bill should get crapped on for sticking with this guy. Without Brady McD sucks. He sucked in Denver and in St. Louis and he sucks now. Even his wife knows he sucks

They can easily tweak them just by bringing back the silver pants for home or away games. Rams have made tweaks to their jersey this year making another alternate.

Bobby doesn’t have any excuses.
The home ones are just average for me.
The road stripes on the shoulders are horrible and take away from the rest of the Jersey. I’m all about going back to our dynasty jerseys. Our cleanest jerseys however would require us to go back to Pat Patriot and with Kraft I don’t see it happening.

I'm not a big McDaniels hater but he does certain things that piss me off. Running with Bolden in obvious run calls on 3rd down hasn't worked for years but he didn't get the memo. I like toss plays but only when you have effective blocking on the edge and we don't have that. Funny thing is when we had above average blockers on the edge in Edelman, Amendola, Dorsett, Gronk, etc we never threw tosses. Meyers and Smith in particular have very bad blocking but we keep counting on them to make these blocks.

BB and Mcdaniels coaching scared. Running the ball on two consecutive plays in OT. They conservative play calling will not win many games. NO confidence in Jones and the OL and that is what kills them and why they lose these close games. BB's vote of no confidence sent a terrible message to the team. Why no Smith and Henry when it really matters?
I wanted them to KEEP running it, they were on track to make it assuming you're playing 4 downs.

I understand why they don't put Jonnu in there at crucial moments, he's had some really bad plays at those times. Mistakes, lots of them. It's a younger team I guess, so they keep making them.

They started off hot, then disappeared.

Bourne, our best WR the last 2 game. I think he had 3 targets

Why is Harry still on the field?

He should be in the Edelman/Welker role IMO. I think Meyers is more like a Branch. Bourne has far more quickness than Meyers. He should be playing in the slot and out there more often.

This. Definitely exposed pretty horrific play calling on O…..BB also looking less and less competent post Brady ….hope he turns it around
BB and/or Josh are coaching scared, something they would have never done with Brady. So scared that Mac would make a mistake and curl up in the fetal position and cry and his career would be ruined. Or something.

Conceding almost 100 seconds to end the first half sure looks like a genius move right now doesn’t it.

Henry had a decent game. Not great. But he did make the most of his three catches.

Jonnu Smith has been a waste thus far. They might as well activate Asiasi and see what he can do.

I think they’ve essentially frozen Smith out. He’s been abysmal; not just bad for a free agent splash but just bad by any standard. I’d prefer to just see them use an extra lineman as a TE2 for blocking.

I'll focus on the positives since most will probably dissect the negatives over and over again.

• Mac Jones took another step today. For the most part, he was flawless with what he was given. The strip sack was on Wynn and the INT was on Bourne. He had another throw that could have been INTed, but overall he was on the money for most of the game. And he showed people that he can throw down the field. I am sorry Jones detractors, I don't see that Jones has a pee shooter for an arm. He doesn't have the best arm strength out there, but the deeper ball he threw today were on the money.
  • The o-line is getting better. They still are not great. But I think when Brown comes back and is healthy, they have enough pieces to put mix and match a decent line. I would still put Owenu outside. I think Wynn is done. I am not sure he can even kicked inside and be trusted at this point. But I think they can find a way to protect Jones. The inside of the line did a great job opening holes for the running game.
  • Harris and Stevenson can be a good two headed monster if used right. They still need a receiving back, but those two can do a lot of damage on the ground.
  • I know they didn't get any sacks, but I think the pass rush put enough pressure in a lot of key spots to make Prescott shakey. Unfortunately by the end of the game, they were gassed.
  • This team is a great red zone defense. The plays they made in the red zone today were amazing. I didn't like how they played on pass defense between the 20s especially early in the game where they played a lot of soft zone. But they stopped drives they had no business stopping in the red zone.
  • The run defense definitely has gotten significantly better. The Cowboys have the best RB combo in the league and held them to 3.9 YPC and early in the game, they totally shut down the Cowboys' running game.
  • Not exactly news, but Judon is an elite defender that teams need to scheme against.
Stevenson had 3 catches for 39 yards. He has some ability to catch the ball. I'd like to see more of him in this regard.

Directly prior to the start of OT, I told my buddy that Mcdaniels would call for a run on 1st and 2nd downs and then pass on 3rd.

And thats the way it went.

The first two plays in OT were agressive passes. The two runs put them in 3rd and short.

The play calls up to that point were fine. The 3rd down play call was the problem….atrocious.

This. Definitely exposed pretty horrific play calling on O…..BB also looking less and less competent post Brady ….hope he turns it around
BBs biggest issue right now is trusting McDaniels.

This is on the coaching staff, terrible calls all over the field...the choice to punt on 4th and 3....no feel for the game at all.
BBs warts being exposed without Brady to bail him out….McD has always sucked

I think they’ve essentially frozen Smith out. He’s been abysmal; not just bad for a free agent splash but just bad by any standard. I’d prefer to just see them use an extra lineman as a TE2 for blocking.

Smith has mostly been used as a blocker. I can't even remember seeing him running a route. I am sure he has, but I cannot remember seeing him.

A lot of posts about the coaching. IMO only two bad calls which you would say are pretty terrible 1. 90 seconds with 1 TO before HT wtf are we doing heading into the locker room 2. Sending Bolden in 3rd and short. Big Mike is much worse - Jones need to spend $$$ on a time manager because I don't think Mike knows what he is doing

Again Tampa & Dallas are great teams and we have been very close against both of them.. Losses hurt regardless especially when we were close but I think tomorrow quite a few of us will be ok with what we saw.

There is enough weapons on this team to be a contender. Mac has shown signs - I still think he is holding onto the ball too long and doesn't have the awareness you'd hope for. I reckon he is going to get seriously hurt out there sometimes, some of those hits he has been taking he is lucky he is 23 not 33 that is for sure.

They still have twice as many catches as the TE's did all of last year and this is game 6.

You’re comparing them to a TE group that had 18 receptions last year.

I would trade Lawrence for Mac right now if the opportunity was there.
I would too based upon potential/ceiling but Lawrence has struggled overall. Mac has to be #2, based upon what we have seen so far.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back