PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Chiefs beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remain absolutely certain that we win that game with Newton at QB. I said it before the game and, though I only got to see the highlights because of Bible study, I remain convinced. The Pats are still a threat if Cam is under center.

Absolutely. Those two redzone trips with Cam would have been vastly different. Our running game would have been even more potent. Just like the Seattle game, although we lost, i feel better about this team even if the outcome wasn't a win.

the fault this morning lies with Hoyer and Edelman, the two most experienced players in the patriots system. inexcusable.

Absolutely. Those two redzone trips with Cam would have been vastly different. Our running game would have been even more potent. Just like the Seattle game, although we lost, i feel better about this team even if the outcome wasn't a win.

I feel better about the defense for sure. The Seattle game was a bit alarming but the KC game is what I expect from this group.

Many positives in a frustrating loss. BB’s reluctance to throw the challenge flag or replace his steering QB were two negatives for me.

I disagree. I said it already in Ken's thread but using challenges a bit too liberally is what left us in a position with no recourse to fix last year's moronic out of bounds call on Harry against the Chiefs.

A timeout would have been nice to settle things down but also a potentially costly decision. If one of the refs indicated to BB that it was called in the grasp/forward momentum stopped then those are anyway calls that can't be challenged.

This leaves only one scenario where a challenge would have helped: down by contact. Which wasn't what happened.

This entire sequence is one of those cases where Sterratore just said flat out wrong things on the broadcast and now people believe that it could have been reviewed.

Are people really judging BB’s performance on a missed challenge that (1) may/may not have been communicated with him properly (2) loses as the forward progress call would have played into it ?
Yes, some particularly stupid people, even here, are doing that.

Yes, some particularly stupid people, even here, are doing that.
I look at it more as a great coaching job by Reid to hurry the hell up and punt. It was confusing just watching and all of a sudden it's punted away. Horrible officiating but great move to get the ball the hell out of there by the Chiefs.

This is racist as ****. @TBR

And it's not the first time you've used a blatantly racist term to cry about Mahomes...you called him a mutt during the Super Bowl.

Stuff like this is why people are forced to side with PC culture when given two extremes.

View attachment 28849

Well said, @Ice_Ice_Brady . Really, @Ian , @Ross12 and other mods, this sort of gross racism should have no place on this board. I'm frankly surprised (and disappointed) you keep looking the other way, as this is far from the first time this poster has engaged in racist BS like this. (And he's not the only one).

I look at it more as a great coaching job by Reid to hurry the hell up and punt. It was confusing just watching and all of a sudden it's punted away. Horrible officiating but great move to get the ball the hell out of there by the Chiefs.

The officials didn't look ready on that punt.. Yet they still allowed it.. It was BS..

The fact that they called it an incomplete pass when the Ball never touched the ground was laughable. That was a Pick 6 for the Patriots..

The officials didn't look ready on that punt.. Yet they still allowed it.. It was BS..

The fact that they called it an incomplete pass when the Ball never touched the ground was laughable. That was a Pick 6 for the Patriots..
I agree with everything you said and I think that official should be fired based on years of evidence. However, if the situation was reversed we would all be very happy if BB got the punt off as fast as Reid did. I would of expected Reid to do something stupid like call TO for us and let the officials review it but he was on the ball this time.

Outta trade for Kenny Stills. Houston is done anyways

Stills is a big fruit loop. Probably as big as that Brown guy from last year. No thanks. I'd rather have a broken down Will Fuller..

This is racist as ****. @TBR

And it's not the first time you've used a blatantly racist term to cry about Mahomes...you called him a mutt during the Super Bowl.

Stuff like this is why people are forced to side with PC culture when given two extremes.

View attachment 28849

I called him out for it during the GDT and he just dismissed it...

You actually thought Stidham looked decent?
I was commenting on the fact that it's clear you hate the guy and can't actually give an unbiased evaluation of him..

I agree with everything you said and I think that official should be fired based on years of evidence. However, if the situation was reversed we would all be very happy if BB got the punt off as fast as Reid did. I would of expected Reid to do something stupid like call TO for us and let the officials review it but he was on the ball this time.

If the Pats had tried to get the Punt off that fast, the officials would have stopped the play. Guaranteed.

I was commenting on the fact that it's clear you hate the guy and can't actually give an unbiased evaluation of him..
I hate the guy? I hate that he sucks, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes