PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The true Cam is starting to show.

This is how he looked in Carolina his last 2 years.

A mix of “wow! How did he do that!” and “ugh, cam, not again”.
Still salty about your QB throwing that idiot pick? That loss must have really hurt ya! Go away Troll!

I think this is a flawed team but to just write them off altogether is laughable. I think the defense is solid enough to keep us in games. They’re not great by any means but Bill is obviously a ridiculously good coach who can scheme up ways to get the defense to play above its level. The offense simply needs to be better and I think getting some of the O-linemen healthy will go a long way. Getting Andrews back will be huge as he is a great player as well as leader and will also allow Thuney to go back to guard. I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with Mason but it doesn’t seem to be anything major so I’d hope he’s back soon. Getting them back goes a long way but I feel like a move has to be made for a playmaker. We can’t rely on what we have now to get open.

I think harry will be packing groceries in a couple of years if he doesn’t start making plays and being a guy that was drafted in the first round.

That’s not true at all. When we were winning Super Bowls since ‘14 we had the greatest TE of all time. Now we have the worst TE core in the league. We had the best short yardage chain moving WR in the league in Edelman in his prime. We had a clutch guy in Amendola. We had decent 3rd and 4th options. We are not even close in offensive talent right now then we were from ‘14 - ‘18.
Im not comparing player by player im saying they are built the same way. The philosophy has not changed.

Technically sure BB is the final decision maker. But he listens to his staff. A lot. And he's been getting crap advice about offensive skill players from his OC for 8 yrs (aside from Scar).

What else can you tell us that you learned from being inside the room?

Im not comparing player by player im saying they are built the same way. The philosophy has not changed.

Not every QB can win with lesser talent. We shall see what happens with this team moving foward but next week won’t be easy.

There’s a school of thought that says you wait until the 2nd TD — because if you go for it the 1st time and miss, it demoralizes the team and lessens the chance of their continuing the comeback because of it.

I don’t buy it - I agree with your approach. But that’s the thought process.
If your team is demoralized because they need 9 points in 8 1/2 minutes so you do the wrong thing, and set yourself up for a do or die 2 pointer when you didn’t have to you have the wrong team, coach and organization.

When was the last time the Patriots were in 3rd place in division this late in the season?
When was the last time your loser Bills team finished 1st in the division? Exactly!

Lol what? NOT getting the 2 point conversion made it a two score game.

Getting the PA made it a 1 point game.

He's right. Because now you not only still need a 2 point conversion you also need a fg. Not sure what you're talking about here but it's wrong. Had they kicked the PA they would of known they needed 1 score. You're logic falls under the weight of basic scrutiny
They didn’t get the 2 point conversion so it was still a 2 score game. They just knew it at 8 1/2 minutes instead of waiting.
That allowed them to play like it was a 2 score game instead of playing down 8 and pretending it was a 1 score game.
fooling yourself isn’t helpful.

People and media jumping off the bridge is laughable.

The team has practices 2 times in 2 weeks.
The starting QB just returned on Wednesday and was in Quarantine practices once.

O-line between injuries and Covid list has been decimated.

If you didn’t expect this type of ugly game today then you are living in a fairytale.

They didn’t get the 2 point conversion so it was still a 2 score game. They just knew it at 8 1/2 minutes instead of waiting.
That allowed them to play like it was a 2 score game instead of playing down 8 and pretending it was a 1 score game.
fooling yourself isn’t helpful.

Just so we're clear. NOT getting the 2 creates a two score game.

Going for the PA creates a 1 score game.

And I'm the one fooling my self?

Help me with the logic.

COVID has killed this season in NE. Led the league in opt outs, apparently leading the league in positive tests, can't practice, can't stay healthy, can't develop young talent, etc. and the list goes on. No team with as many young players as this and with a new QB can overcome the hand that's been dealt. Its not an excuse, its the reality of 2020.

Haven’t even bothered to go past the second page here but my god some ‘fans’ are so entitled.

One practice in two weeks
Banged up team both injuries and Covid
Returning QB and star CB from Covid
Defence played great and held the broncos to FG’s on every single occasion.
Couple of lucky int turnovers for them which can happen any time
Had a final drive to take the win

what more do you want? We’ve been winning all the time for 20 years, it can’t go on forever. We’ve been pretty unlucky in all our losses this season and 2-3 doesn’t reflect how well we’ve actually done despite losing the GOAT and half our defence and STILL having no good receivers.

we are finding ways to be competitive and that is the best that can be done in the current climate with the squad we have.

plus the bills got smashed this week anyway so this isn’t even a dropped game.

thought the same originally but might not get the 1st down anyway and could end up losing the challenge and a timeout with these dodgy refs. Even if you get both, still 80 yards to go.

bigger question should be how did they make such a poor call in the first place.

People and media jumping off the bridge is laughable.

The team has practices 2 times in 2 weeks.
The starting QB just returned on Wednesday and was in Quarantine practices once.

O-line between injuries and Covid list has been decimated.

If you didn’t expect this type of ugly game today then you are living in a fairytale.
I think, objectively, this team isn’t winning the SB. I don’t think that is “jumping off the bridge”. I didn’t think this team was winning the SB pre-Covid, pre-Cam.

They’ll be “better than today” going forward. But, to people who are freaking out : what was the 2020 expectation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back