PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie WR Tyler Johnson just caught a TD pass from Tom Brady. He was drafted 2 slots after Belichick drafted the Nazi Practice Squad kicker. Johnson would be tied for the lead in TD catches on our team.
That would have required a scouting department and a GM who knows how to draft a WR.

Rookie WR Tyler Johnson just caught a TD pass from Tom Brady. He was drafted 2 slots after Belichick drafted the Nazi Practice Squad kicker. Johnson would be tied for the lead in TD catches on our team.

And this makes sense because his stats on the Bucs would translate identically to our offense and team.

Harris should be an every down back with White being out there once in a while when it’s 3rd down. I don’t care about seeing Rex, to be honest. McDaniels has gone away with RPO totally, which I don’t understand. Cam’s running has taken a backseat.

I apologize you're correct. Upon further review I think Harry's going to be the next Randy Moss. He just needs a bit more time.
You're debating the majority shareholder of Harry, Sony, & Jordan Richards Inc.

the lack of weapons on this team is disgustng..BB can't draft skilled offensive players, he just can't.

I don't want to get down on Harry as it's never the player's fault where they're drafted but I would love to know what BB saw to justify taking him over Metcalf and A.J. Brown. Both look like special talents and well, you know...

If you know you're transitioning and have no intention of bringing Brady back, why not start preparing then? Seems like we're now caught in no man's roster building land.

BB is a great coach and does a ton of things well but he's absolutely terrible attracting receivers. In 20 years he's drafted three good receivers, Edelman, Branch, and Givens. Every single other guy he drafted has been busts across the board. He has no idea how to draft receivers clearly.

With the way the Dolphins are teabagging the Jets, we’re about to fall to 3rd place on the division.

When was the last time the Patriots were in 3rd place in division this late in the season?

With the way the Dolphins are teabagging the Jets, we’re about to fall to 3rd place on the division.
Two of the 3 TD passes Fitzpatrick has thrown, have gone to no named TEs. And we don’t even throw to any TE not named Izzo. Fitzpatrick has more TD passes in the 1st half of the game than Newton has in 4 games as a Patriot. Here’s a thought, maybe throw to Asiasi and Keene ? They are Patriot’s property, we are allowed to use them and pass to them.

And this makes sense because his stats on the Bucs would translate identically to our offense and team.

Nazi practice squad kicker that dude you quoted says. How out of touch do you have to be? What an ass.

You used the euphemism "Jack Squat" so that, in your typical cowardly fashion, you could easily retreat from your own statement. I doubt most NFL fans would consider 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat". For most teams, that's a damn decent year. It is only in New England where the standards are so high (thanks to Brady) that a fan can arrogantly proclaim 12-4 and a division title as being "Jack Squat".

If 12-4 is "Jack Squat" then what's 2-3..?
His act is tired and pathetic. He had a hissy fit in the game thread because I dared call out Cam.

Stop using the N word.

Belichick needs to hire better wr scouts. I wonder what he saw in harry that was better than AJ Brown looking at the game tape.

This is actually a great question and I was wondering the same thing. I don't think any team saw how good Metcalf was going to be but Brown was a consensus first round pick. I would love to know what the Patriots coaching staff saw to choose Harry over Brown? Brown played in a far better conference against better overall athletic talent. A really good question.

Two of the 3 TD passes Fitzpatrick has thrown, have gone to no named TEs. And we don’t even throw to any TE not named Izzo. Fitzpatrick has more TD passes in the 1st half of the game than Newton has in 4 games as a Patriot. Here’s a thought, maybe throw to Asiasi and Keene ? They are Patriot’s property, we are allowed to use them and pass to them.
They might still be learning the system, or they might be stiffs. Keene has also been dealing with injuries. Either way, it was a bad draft for TEs and we burned two picks on them. I do agree, though, that they need to see the field over Izzo. Izzo BLOWS. How much worse could Asiasi and Keene actually be?

Not that it means anything in the overall scheme of things but our record of straight AFC East titles ends this year. This was an unacceptable loss in my eyes to a bad team in our house. We need WR's who can make plays or we're going nowhere

Not sure what people expected but in this covid seasson this is what we are looking at.
Every team's in the same boat. Covid isn't the major issue..The defense doesn't look as good as we hoped and you add in an average passer and below average receivers and this is the team we have.

I apologize you're correct. Upon further review I think Harry's going to be the next Randy Moss. He just needs a bit more time.
Youre talking to the most knowledgeable football fan on this board. He knows everything.

Just ask him.

When was the last time the Patriots were in 3rd place in division this late in the season?
2002, entering week 17 they were in 3rd. OT comeback win over the Dolphins gave them 2nd place.

Technically after week 5 in 2003 the Patriots were in 3rd, tied with the Bills with a 3-2 record with the Bills having the tiebreaker at that point.

Last edited:
Johnson was a sleeper pick who tore it up at Minnesota. People who actually follow the college game and the draft knew that. Lots of posters wanted him here because his route running is precise and he can run any route in the tree. But I guess they saw Harry’s Instagram videos and thought that maybe he wouldn’t continue to suck this year. Unfortunately, to date, he still sucks this year.

So you trade/cut/bench Harry. Now what ?

To me this is a conversation for the offseason. Who are you realistically upgrading him with now ?
I never said to get rid of him (although I think the sunk cost fallacy applies here), but my point was more along the lines that we need to just all re-adjust expectations. Almost all of us were hoping Harry would make that next step in the offense this season and he just simply hasn't.The kid can't be relied upon in the offense. We needed him to be a WR2 this year behind Edelman, but in reality he's closer to a WR3. We just need to accept the bust status.

No reason to cut him for depth reasons and he wouldn't fetch you a lot in a trade at the moment, so you keep him on the roster. Every team in the NFL has players that aren't great and they still keep around...Harry fits that mold at this moment. I don't see any sense in going out and getting another WR this season because I think there are issues on this team that need to be addressed first (O-line depth, TEs potentially) and I'd rather not give up any draft capital to have another Sanu-like situation, but I do think investing in another WR in the draft is a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back