PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Broncos beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats have zero starting caliber WR & TE moving forward. That is scary.

Edelman is toast.
Cam also focused too much on Edelman.

I love edelman so I don't wanna be too hard on the guy. He's trying obviously but it is what it is

The Titans didn’t practice for two weeks and had no clue who they were playing for a little bit and still tooled the Bills on short notice. Then again, they’re a much more talented team than the Pats are. Speaking of, I think AJ Brown just caught another TD. Did Harry even touch the football today?

And the Titans played with a totally shuffled OL and without their two key interior linemen as well ?

What the Titans did is absolutely meaningless unless you just want to troll around. Different situation, different team, different opponent and game that went in their favor with every bounce. **** happens.

It has been a long time since a Pats team was dominated like that. Denver even tried to give is the game at the end and we still messed it up. Horrible game from Cam. This offense will struggle anytime they face a good defense.

When was the last time we were 2-3?

Takes a special kind of cynicism to completely ignore the circumstances around this game (and the season).

3-3 in 2012.
2-2 in 2014.
2-2 in 2017.
2-2 in 2018.

We severely lack talent on offense. Our OL was depleted. We have not practiced in 2 weeks.

Yet, we could have won.

This team has a lot of heart, that's for sure. They are very mediocre, but they do not quit.

The Titans didn’t practice for two weeks and had no clue who they were playing for a little bit and still tooled the Bills on short notice. Then again, they’re a much more talented team than the Pats are. Speaking of, I think AJ Brown just caught another TD. Did Harry even touch the football today?
Are the practices that they held at a high school not counting? The same practices that were going to get them "in big trouble"

And that's a stupid saying, and always has been. The context and circumstances around the wins/losses are absolutely relevant.
It’s gonna be a weird season that’s for sure. Honestly I’m ok with whatever happens good or bad.

What Playoffs!!??

Playoffs?

Blame Cam all you want (and he does deserve some of the blame) but I put a lot more on McDaniels.

The play-calling was absolutely atrocious all game long. Save for the first 2 weeks of the season, McD's play-calling has been terrible for the better part of a year, going back to last season. You have a 6'3", 215lb WR and you can't throw one single, f*cking fade/back-shoulder throw? You know, the ones Cam is good at throwing?

McDaniels gets stuck in a certain type of play-calling and has no nuance/tact in adjusting. Take away what he does well and he has no alternatives. Today they tried to run the read option, once that got shut-down they had no alternative plan for running the ball. They tried quick hitters in the flat, but the DEN DEs were all over batting those down. And after that, he fell into a long-developing, downfield passing attack with an injured o-line.

Infuriating - absolutely should've won that game.

It appeared to my untrained eye that McDaniels called the game as if he had Brady. Thought he was more flexible than that. I wouldn't even call McDaniels the #1 culprit in this loss, however. Our offensive line was just straight up nonexistent. A little bit of success on the run plays we called but failed to execute and we probably score 20+ and don't complain as much about the play calls.

What a ****ing sad day it is that I yearn for James Ferentz back in the lineup.

Ugly game. Both teams sucked. Denver tried to suck worse than us, but couldn't quite pull it off.

Blame Cam all you want (and he does deserve some of the blame) but I put a lot more on McDaniels.

The play-calling was absolutely atrocious all game long. Save for the first 2 weeks of the season, McD's play-calling has been terrible for the better part of a year, going back to last season. You have a 6'3", 215lb WR and you can't throw one single, f*cking fade/back-shoulder throw? You know, the ones Cam is good at throwing?

McDaniels gets stuck in a certain type of play-calling and has no nuance/tact in adjusting. Take away what he does well and he has no alternatives. Today they tried to run the read option, once that got shut-down they had no alternative plan for running the ball. They tried quick hitters in the flat, but the DEN DEs were all over batting those down. And after that, he fell into a long-developing, downfield passing attack with an injured o-line.

Infuriating - absolutely should've won that game.

I agree with that, but how many plays are we going to scheme for a receiver who is one dimensional? My issue is his willingness to go away from the RPO. It’s not the end all be all, but still. Mix it it in there more than you did week 1.

Again..they were affected by covid, not able to practice and do have some injuries...

Yes Newton wasn't good, but mind you he was not able to practice..oline is dealing w injuries...like pats fans need to chill out...
Whatever works for you

And that's a stupid saying, and always has been. The context and circumstances around the wins/losses are absolutely relevant.
How many games do you think we win?

I had us marked at about 11 after the Chiefs game. Reaching 11 won't be easy now. Do you think 9 wins get us in? 10 would be better. I still think we can do it but this is one of those games we probably needed a W in because imo it was one of those "you look at on the schedule and aren't too worried about it" games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes