PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

It sucks that they lost today against a short handed Buffalo team. Gotta look on the positive and appreciate that most likely they’re going to be in the playoffs where let’s be honest I think they can contend with anyone even with the flaws they have.

Again especially after how dreadful football was last season, the fact that they turned it around this quick is impressive. And they can still win the division if they win out, I wouldn’t be shocked if Buffalo chokes down the stretch and loses one.

Hightower's money will come off, but I'm seeing $31.5m in cap space even without High's money.

When all is said and done, I think we'll be $40m under
How does HT’s money come off? Genuinely asking. He’s a FA so he isn’t included in that dollar amount, is he?

As I said, the defense is the only reason this team has a winning record. If the pats had a bad defense this year, they would have about 4 wins.

Agree. I rewatched parts and the defense had a nice red zone stand and stopped the Bills from scoring from 4th and goal. At that point the game was still 10-7 going into almost halftime. It's hard when the defense has to play like a historically great defense to win because the offense chokes away so many drives (1 for 10 on 3rd down today).

The offense should just stick to what it's best at - power running, 2 TE or 6 OLinemen formations, add in play action. Stop with the same crappy shotgun that this oc used to ruin #1 pick Sam Bradford's career in St Louis.

Because the film doesn’t show that, and the numbers don’t support your inaccurate analysis.

I love how the runD can give up 270 yards, most rushing yards ever for a BB defense, and you remain blind to how bad Godchaux is. Go look at highlight videos of the opponent running 275 yards against the Pats and then 220 yards a couple weeks later. You will see the same guy getting pushed back Godchaux and the same ILB Bentley repeatedly whiffing.

I have a creeping fear that the Pats could have and should have moved up to draft Micah Parsons, drafted Barmore like they did, and then drafted Davis Mills.

If Mac wasn't there I did want them to take a LB. But Mac is legit. He isn't the problem. Team has to stop getting cute with the crappy spread shotgun and repeated attempts to pretend NKeal Harry is a NFL wide receiver

I love how the runD can give up 270 yards, most rushing yards ever for a BB defense, and you remain blind to how bad Godchaux is. Go look at highlight videos of the opponent running 275 yards against the Pats and then 220 yards a couple weeks later. You will see the same guy getting pushed back Godchaux and the same ILB Bentley repeatedly whiffing.

I watch tape, it does not show what you guess that it does, that’s the point.

I watch tape, it does not show what you guess that it does, that’s the point.

Just for laughs, why do you think the run defense has been so bad in some of their worst losses ?

How does HT’s money come off? Genuinely asking. He’s a FA so he isn’t included in that dollar amount, is he?
I had thought he had one more year, so you're right. I believe that he tolled an extra year by sitting out but apparently that's not the case.

There is no savings outside of cutting Van Noy and/or Jonathan Jones.

Harry shouldn’t be the only WR running the routes when Patriots are passing the ball. It is understandable that BB wants to hype him to cover up his inability to draft Players. Harry doesn’t know how to get open, what a waste first round draft pick (ohh.... Debo Samuels, AJ Brown...)

(This is the oc. Just like trying to make maroney look good, deja vu)

Thanks for the reminder… Today’s game should be the Final nail in Kneal’s koffin here…****ing less-than-useless pile of ****ing rancid Garbage…. And Bill/Skippy have the ****ING AUDACITY to call his number (#1 - what a ****ing Joke) IMMEDIATELY after he ****ing drops a crucial, CRUCIAL pass that would’ve been a first ****ing down… That ****ing disgraceful ****ing scumbag SHOULDN’T HAVE EVEN BEEN ****ING NEAR THE ****ING PLAYING FIELD FOR THE ****ING REST OF THE ****ING GAME!!! AND MAC HAS TO THROW IT TO HIM AGAIN?!? AND THE ****ING PASS GETS ****ING INTERCEPTED!!! WHAT A ****ING SHOCK!

He is so ****ing Dead to me.

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought it, Eagles super bowl, no punts, cant win if the other team doesn't punt
I agree with both you and FreeTedWilliams in that the Bills used the Eagles Super Bowl season philosophy of going for it and minimizing punts. But from what I remember, it was the Patriots who didn't punt at all that game. The Eagles punted once after Foles misfired on a 3rd down pass when he had a huge hole up the middle to run through and he decided to throw it at the last second and missed. That and an interception were the only mistakes Philly made on offense that day.

Thanks for the reminder… Today’s game should be the Final mail in Kneal’s koffin here…****ing less-than-useless pile of ****ing rancid Garbage…. And Bill/Skippy have the ****ING AUDACITY to call his number (#1 - what a ****ing Joke) IMMEDIATELY after he ****ing drops a crucial, CRUCIAL pass that would’ve been a first ****ing down… That ****ing disgraceful ****ing scumbag SHOULDN’T HAVE EVEN BEEN ****ING NEAR THE ****ING PLAYING FIELD FOR THE ****ING REST OF THE ****ING GAME!!! AND MAC HAS TO THROW IT TO HIM AGAIN?!? AND THE ****ING PASS GETS ****ING INTERCEPTED!!! WHAT A ****ING SHOCK!

Kids, don't post on the internet when you've had a few drinks.

Is he not counting the 2017 Superbowl? Sounds like only regular season.

The Eagles punted once in that Super Bowl. It was the Patriots who didn't punt that game. FreeTedWilliams posted that about the Eagles not punting that Super Bowl and a few others have gone along with it. The Patriots defense in that Super Bowl was the worst I've ever seen from a Patriots team, but the Eagles defense was even worse that game. It it wasn't for the DT slapping the ball out of Brady's hand with a couple of minutes left, I have no doubt Brady would have led them down the field for a TD. There is also no doubt in my mind if there was more than 30 seconds left on the game clock, Foles would have shredded the Pats D one final time to set them up for a potential game-winning FG attempt.

The Eagles punted once in that Super Bowl. It was the Patriots who didn't punt that game. FreeTedWilliams posted that about the Eagles not punting that Super Bowl and a few others have gone along with it. The Patriots defense in that Super Bowl was the worst I've ever seen from a Patriots team, but the Eagles defense was even worse that game. It it wasn't for the DT slapping the ball out of Brady's hand with a couple of minutes left, I have no doubt Brady would have led them down the field for a TD. There is also no doubt in my mind if there was more than 30 seconds left on the game clock, Foles would have shredded the Pats D one final time to set them up for a potential game-winning FG attempt.

Yeah Pats fans forget that the Patriots needed another TD and then a 2 point conversion to just get to a 3 point lead. If the Eagles had any time on the clock, which is probable, they inevitably get into field goal range afterwards. And if the 2 point conversion had failed it would be to win the game.

Anyway I have come to appreciate Super Bowl 53 so much despite the game being a miserable slog compared to how amazing Super Bowl 52 was because it would have been just wrong for that loss to have been the end of the dynasty. Yes technically the dynasty ended against the Titans on wild card weekend but come on, we knew that things were going wrong and that prior offseason had already spelled that we had reached the end. Regardless they still had gotten #6 first. The dumb wild card loss a year later is a tiny blip on the radar.

Last edited:
If Mac wasn't there I did want them to take a LB. But Mac is legit. He isn't the problem. Team has to stop getting cute with the crappy spread shotgun and repeated attempts to pretend NKeal Harry is a NFL wide receiver
On what basis do you say Mac is legit? He can not throw more than 7 yards down the center of the field and outside the numbers is an impossibility. Accuracy has really deteriorated as season has worn on. Last two games he has been terrible...so how is he "legit"?

It sucks that they lost today against a short handed Buffalo team. Gotta look on the positive and appreciate that most likely they’re going to be in the playoffs where let’s be honest I think they can contend with anyone even with the flaws they have.

Again especially after how dreadful football was last season, the fact that they turned it around this quick is impressive. And they can still win the division if they win out, I wouldn’t be shocked if Buffalo chokes down the stretch and loses one.
Have they really "turned it around'?

I have a creeping fear that the Pats could have and should have moved up to draft Micah Parsons, drafted Barmore like they did, and then drafted Davis Mills.
So your plan would essentially have us trading up 3 times to add those players.

Going into the draft the pats had 9 selections.
R1-15
R2-46
R3-96
R4-120,122,139
R5-177
R6-188,197
R7-242

Keeping the barmore deal that would mean parting with 46, 122 and 139 to grab him at 38.

We could’ve feasibly added the 3 players mentioned but I don’t see how it happens unless we’ve dealt away our 2022 1st rounder to get parsons.

Thanks for the reminder… Today’s game should be the Final nail in Kneal’s koffin here…****ing less-than-useless pile of ****ing rancid Garbage…. And Bill/Skippy have the ****ING AUDACITY to call his number (#1 - what a ****ing Joke) IMMEDIATELY after he ****ing drops a crucial, CRUCIAL pass that would’ve been a first ****ing down… That ****ing disgraceful ****ing scumbag SHOULDN’T HAVE EVEN BEEN ****ING NEAR THE ****ING PLAYING FIELD FOR THE ****ING REST OF THE ****ING GAME!!! AND MAC HAS TO THROW IT TO HIM AGAIN?!? AND THE ****ING PASS GETS ****ING INTERCEPTED!!! WHAT A ****ING SHOCK!

Yeah, what’s up with that #1 jersey? Guys got an ego like Cam Newton but cant back it up.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back