PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Jets

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

If they finish 3-14 he will because Mark Davis is a buffoon and Josh sucks.

Fatt Matt's role here is fluid. Who said it would be a demotion? He doesn't have the title of OC. BB can have him do whatever he wants.
How long has it been since we had a named DC? I know Steve is calling plays, but is Mayo still involved like he was when Steve first started calling plays, or did he get demoted?

How long has it been since we had a named DC? I know Steve is calling plays, but is Mayo still involved like he was when Steve first started calling plays, or did he get demoted?
The current offensive play caller is also the most recent named defensive coordinator (2017).

Belichick is pretty unsentimental when it comes to moving coaches around.

He basically axed Dean Pees. Belichick himself displaced Al Groh.

A couple of Belichick's assistant coaches had blowouts with him in the past and left in disagreement.

If it's not working, Belichick will make the switch.

I'm not aware of any changes in the defensive coaching dynamics (Steve/Mayo) since 2019.

If you want to get technical Flo wasn't DC in 2018 but he sure acted like it.

Belichick himself displaced Al Groh.
What do you mean?
Belichick is pretty unsentimental when it comes to moving coaches around.
If it's not working, Belichick will make the switch.
I think those days are over after Bill brought his sons on his staff. It's a bad look if he fires anyone else as you know his two sons are untouchable.
He basically axed Dean Pees.
Someone had to be the scapegoat after the horrendous play call for the cover zero blitz with poor little Eliis Hobbs defending 6'5'' Plaxico Burress. The following season he had no talent.
A couple of Belichick's assistant coaches had blowouts with him in the past and left in disagreement.
The only ones I can remember on the Pats staff was Pepper Johnson and Dom Capers.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

I think those days are over after Bill brought his sons on his staff. It's a bad look if he fires anyone else as you know his two sons are untouchable.

Someone had to be the scapegoat after the horrendous play call for the cover zero blitz with poor little Eliis Hobbs defending 6'5'' Plaxico Burress. The following season he had no talent.

The only ones I can remember on the Pats staff was Pepper Johnson and Dom Capers.
Belichick took over the defense in 1996 away from Al Groh. It was Parcells' decision. I'm only saying that Belichick has seen this sort of thing being done.

I think this is right. But I could see them also hiring an "offensive consultant" or something like that, who will be another more experienced voice and sit up in the booth or something. Probably some recently fired coach who the Patriots can get without having to pay much.

Frank the Fourth Reich?

since the last 2-3 years we have one of the most predictable offenses in the nfl
so predictable that it even does not take an opponent to read it but already fans are able to predict the next Pats play, which is embarrassing and tells alot about the play callers (btw it was partly already with McD the same, its not new, just seems even more with Patricia calling the plays)

Josh will not get canned after 1 year and BOB will get a HC job in college.

Why Bill would demote his pal Patricia? There is no chance that will happen. What will happen is Bill is going to hire an OL coach and Patricia will be the OC full time.
You are probably right. Josh won't last past Thanksgiving if the reports from the LVR locker room are accurate.

since the last 2-3 years we have one of the most predictable offenses in the nfl
I wonder what "tells" some of the Patriots offensive players are showing the defense. That stuff gets around pretty fast between defenders. There are a bunch of young players on offense who may be tipping the plays to defenders who watch film like hawks for these things. That's not only a coaching issue, but also a player-to-player issue. If the other team's defenders are seeing "tells" then so are the Patriots veteran defenders.

I believe that besides that, the Patriots ran the ball on first down on the start of every drive but one. In the hurry-up, they were much more dynamic and innovative. They should abandon the huddle and just run a hurry up on every series. The other thing is they did not throw the ball into the end zone while in the Red Zone even once. That's kind of basic, Matt.

as this season goes down in flames, it seems the Pats FINALLY drafted a bona fide playmaker. Marcus Jones puts points on the board. they need to decide a schitt ton of plays on offense for this guy next year

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back