PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it but no one remembers why a team loses or wins, just the results.

Sure, to some extent, but my original post was regarding what I enjoy watching. I enjoy seeing the best vs best or clash of the Titans type games. I also enjoy Sampson vs Goliath type games when the Pats were the underdogs. Nothing better than beating the greatest show on turf as a two TD underdog.

The Titans game Sunday had the potential to another big time game and maybe it will still be a good one but I guess we'll see.

So Brady doesn’t count all those Super Bowl wins because the other teams had injured players? Injuries are part of the game, often the team that wins the super bowl is the team that got lucky with injuries and or built their team to be able to absorb injuries and still be competitive. That doesn’t mean the patriots want to play cupcakes. It means every Sunday they play with their healthy players against the other teams healthy players and may the best team win:
Moose, this whole thing is going straight over your head. Im glad you brought up Tom Brady. The only athlete Ive seen as competitive as TB12 is MJ.
Of course he counts those victories. Duh. He and his teammates worked their butts off all year made a lot if sacrifices to reach that point. But I guarantee you TB would enjoy the win more if the opponent was at full strength. And thats how every one of his teammates feels. I know this beacause i was a competetive athlete most of my life both in individual and team sports. And I was an amateur. On the pro level, the competetive fire is even stronger. As a fan, I get more satisfaction from seeing my teams defeat a healthy opponent than one that has some of its top players out. Dont you?

So Brady doesn’t count all those Super Bowl wins because the other teams had injured players? Injuries are part of the game, often the team that wins the super bowl is the team that got lucky with injuries and or built their team to be able to absorb injuries and still be competitive. That doesn’t mean the patriots want to play cupcakes. It means every Sunday they play with their healthy players against the other teams healthy players and may the best team win:

Every team has injuries. I would love for us to play our best players against their best players, but Damien Harris and Jonathan Jones are not walking through the door on Sunday, so I don't feel sorry for Tennessee. I doubt they are complaining about not facing all of our players either.

Sure, to some extent, but my original post was regarding what I enjoy watching. I enjoy seeing the best vs best or clash of the Titans type games. I also enjoy Sampson vs Goliath type games when the Pats were the underdogs. Nothing better than beating the greatest show on turf as a two TD underdog.

LOL, a real brainchild you are. Can you tell me who won the fight between Sampson and Goliath?

That’s part of the competition too. Anyone who just watches the competition on the field and ignores the competition off the field is only watching half the game.
Every team has injuries. I would love for us to play our best players against their best players, but Damien Harris and Jonathan Jones are not walking through the door on Sunday, so I don't feel sorry for Tennessee. I doubt they are complaining about not facing all of our players either.
Exactly, and the team that does a better job of planning for that and managing the results is more deserving of the victory. Most battles are won before they are fought. Watching only the fight misses the best parts.

Exactly. You want to beat other teams when theyre full-strength. Then they have no excuses. Theres more satisfaction in the victory.
This is how athletes think. Whether individual or team sport you want to be the undisputed champion. No asterisks.
Come on guys. They’ve ALWAYS got excuses.

I feel like a few of you need to get away from the soy milk. Holy shyt. The lack of testosterone in some of your posts is surprising.

To be fair, most teams are built top heavy. They lose a starter and it hits them hard. Titans have had a terrible run of it.

Again. Sure. I simply said that I like games when it's our best vs their best more than vs an injury laden team.

How many participation ribbons do you proudly display?

Half of NE's super bowl wins involved key injuries to the other team, and just about all of our super bowl losses involved key injuries to us.

SB 42 - Brady's ankle, Rosevelt Colvin, Sammy Morris out

SB 46 - Gronk's ankle, Andre Carter (the pats best pass rusher that year) out

SB 49 - Legion of Boom was banged up

SB 51 - Alex Mack, their pro bowl center was out

SB 52 - Edelman, Hightower out

SB 53 - Cooper Kupp was out

No one gives AF about our injuries, so we shouldn't care about theirs.

That’s part of the competition too. Anyone who just watches the competition on the field and ignores the competition off the field is only watching half the game.

Exactly, and the team that does a better job of planning for that and managing the results is more deserving of the victory. Most battles are won before they are fought. Watching only the fight misses the best parts.

Would you rather watch a game with both teams injury free or one in which the Pats get a victory over an injury riddled team?

I enjoy big time matchups. This had the potential to be one. Now it's basically an "any given Sunday" type game.

Half of NE's super bowl wins involved key injuries to the other team, and just about all of our super bowl losses involved key injuries to us.

SB 42 - Brady's ankle, Rosevelt Colvin, Sammy Morris out

SB 46 - Gronk's ankle, Andre Carter (the pats best pass rusher that year) out

SB 49 - Legion of Boom was banged up

SB 51 - Alex Mack, their pro bowl center was out

SB 52 - Edelman, Hightower out

SB 53 - Cooper Kupp was out

No one gives AF about our injuries, so we shouldn't care about theirs.

Hey dip shyt I wasn't only wishing for their team to be healthy. I want both to be healthy. Pretty simple.

You didn't give AF about our injuries? I did and have said as much.

Have you ever competed in anything physical in your life. Such a ****y. Seriously.

Hey dip shyt I wasn't only wishing for their team to be healthy. I want both to be healthy. Pretty simple.

You didn't give AF about our injuries? I did and have said as much.

Have you ever competed in anything physical in your life. Such a ****y. Seriously.

and in case you haven't figured it out, no team is going to be completely healthy. you are living in lala land. If some of our best players are out, I don't care if some of theirs are out either. Do you think the Bucs cared about Mahomes' turf toe or their two tackles being out in last year's SB? Hardly.

Of course I care about our injuries. When did I say I didn't?

and in case you haven't figured it out, no team is going to be completely healthy. you are living in lala land. If some of our best players are out, I don't care if some of theirs are out either. Do you think the Bucs cared about Mahomes' turf toe or their two tackles being out in last year's SB? Hardly.

Of course I care about our injuries. When did I say I didn't?

In case you haven't figured it out I never said injuries don't happen. I said I'd rather see our best vs their best. That's it.

You responded with another queef post. Take a sip of your soy milk and think about the argument you're in.

In case you haven't figured it out I never said injuries don't happen. I said I'd rather see our best vs their best. That's it.

You responded with another queef post. Take a sip of your soy milk and think about the argument you're in.
So that’s the way you felt back when you were playing in the nfl?

Well...let's be clear here...Samson didn't actually beat Goliath. What really happened is, after Delilah reduced Sammy to a mere gimp, like the clown in Pulp Fiction, she made a mace out of Sammy's hair and dried mud and crept up behind "Good Golly Mr. Goli" and whacked him out. A little kid named David just happened to be there playing with a slingshot Mommy had given him and ol' Goli fell face first on a rock Davey had just slung and it made a crack in his forehead...but ol' Goli had already pulled a Kermit the frog at midnight in the oasis, as that minx Delilah hurried back to the palace dungeon to feed her gimp, Samson, a steaming bowl of goliath grouper stew.

So there ya go...the REAL story

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference