PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Titans pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats should move practice to Mt Washington. That'll accelerate the process...
McDaniels: All right Mac, this is a pretty intricate set. N'Keal is going to motion right to a wham block on the end to slow the pass rush even as you execute the ball fake off a seven step drop. He'll leak into the flat as an outlet.

Agholor is going to get a ticket on the Cog. He'll have the conductor open the doors at Ammonoosuc Ravine - shoulder fake as he stops and goes.

The primary read is Henry on the Tuckerman's seam route - just below Hillman's Highway, but here's the thing, you're going to turn your back to the line of scrimmage and throw as hard as you can into the wind - let it do the rest.

Big loss, great player.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the JC Jackson thread I did what I usually do when I make any type of future prediction - overstated the Hell out of my position that there's little to no risk of serious injury for CBs.

The Patriots should put a copy of the printout of this tweet on JC's locker every day with an offer sheet.

"Injury Insurance at all time low rates this winter" written below it.

Well...let's be clear here...Samson didn't actually beat Goliath. What really happened is, after Delilah reduced Sammy to a mere gimp, like the clown in Pulp Fiction, she made a mace out of Sammy's hair and dried mud and crept up behind "Good Golly Mr. Goli" and whacked him out. A little kid named David just happened to be there playing with a slingshot Mommy had given him and ol' Goli fell face first on a rock Davey had just slung and it made a crack in his forehead...but ol' Goli had already pulled a Kermit the frog at midnight in the oasis, as that minx Delilah hurried back to the palace dungeon to feed her gimp, Samson, a steaming bowl of goliath grouper stew.

So there ya go...the REAL story
1638015316971.gif

Every team has injuries. I would love for us to play our best players against their best players, but Damien Harris and Jonathan Jones are not walking through the door on Sunday, so I don't feel sorry for Tennessee. I doubt they are complaining about not facing all of our players either.

Why do you say Damien Harris isn't walking through the door on Sunday. Has he been ruled out?

McDaniels: All right Mac, this is a pretty intricate set. N'Keal is going to motion right to a wham block on the end to slow the pass rush even as you execute the ball fake off a seven step drop. He'll leak into the flat as an outlet.

Agholor is going to get a ticket on the Cog. He'll have the conductor open the doors at Ammonoosuc Ravine - shoulder fake as he stops and goes.

The primary read is Henry on the Tuckerman's seam route - just below Hillman's Highway, but here's the thing, you're going to turn your back to the line of scrimmage and throw as hard as you can into the wind - let it do the rest.
Well done!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the JC Jackson thread I did what I usually do when I make any type of future prediction - overstated the Hell out of my position that there's little to no risk of serious injury for CBs.

The Patriots should put a copy of the printout of this tweet on JC's locker every day with an offer sheet.

"Injury Insurance at all time low rates this winter" written below it.

The vast majority of players see it the opposite way. They see the likelihood of getting seriously injured during the rest of the season as much less than getting seriously injured during the rest of their career, and that makes sense. They see the upfront money as the true “ injury insurance,” so they tend to go with the team that gives them the most guaranteed money. Jackson is a ballhawk, and those are hard to find, but whether Belichick believes he is worth the cap space he’s going to demand is anyone’s guess. No one wants to lose him, especially since they a true contender once again, but there’s a good chance that will happen. Right now it is very hard to know their real cap situation as they have so many UFA’s, and we don’t know who will retire and who will return. Common wisdom was that this would be McCourty’s last season, but he could want to return given the possibility for one more ring in the next couple of season’s.

Last edited:
No Henry or Brown meaning the game is contingent on Ryan Tannehill? I'm happy to run the ball every offensive play and trust our defense to pitch a shutout.
Losing Brown is YUUUGE.

Dude is a beast.

I don‘t share your love for him. But even though he and I have had some knock down drag out fights many times in the past, I don’t mind him posting here. I think he spends most of his time in the Tom Brady forum now From what I see on the top banner. Will never get though after decades of being a Patriots fan jumping ship to follow Brady to Tampa. But to each their own.

I have some friends who took that route, but most have returned to the Patriots now that Jones has shown there is a future,

Tannehill is a very competent QB.

I had him on my fantasy team last year and all he did was win. What I noticed about him is that Tannehill is a 2nd half QB.

I had him on my fantasy team last year and all he did was win. What I noticed about him is that Tannehill is a 2nd half QB.

Tannehill had a career year last year, but this year he is close to the Dolphins’ Tannehill. He already has 5 more INTs than he had all of last year and he has 20 less TDs. Even with Mac Jones slow start in the TD department this year, Jones has one more TD than Tannehill.

But now that Tannehill doesn’t have Henry to take pressure off of him with teams more concerned about stopping Henry than Tannehill beating them. Since Henry went down, he has had 3 TDs and 5 INTs in three games (although for came in one game). And when Brown went down last week, he was a disaster.

I am sorry, but I am not worried about Tannehill. If the Pats lose tomorrow, the Titans’ defense will be the heroes and the Titans would have won in a very low scoring affair.

Competent, yes but we all know his shortcomings.

Getting everyone ready for a Saturday :

Guys, the Pats have lost Gilmore and Jones for the year. That's 2/3 of the starting CB depth, at a position that most posters here saw as having weak depth when the season started. And somehow, the D is stronger than we've seen in years. Jeez, I wonder why?

I've no sympathy for the Titans, Bills or any other team that has injuries at key positions and poor depth, especially this late in the year. This is about the Pats philosophy (strong middle class) vs. much followed super star strategy that makes quality depth much more difficult. This is a validation of who the Pats are. We can't back down from that.

Last edited:
Well...let's be clear here...Samson didn't actually beat Goliath. What really happened is, after Delilah reduced Sammy to a mere gimp, like the clown in Pulp Fiction, she made a mace out of Sammy's hair and dried mud and crept up behind "Good Golly Mr. Goli" and whacked him out. A little kid named David just happened to be there playing with a slingshot Mommy had given him and ol' Goli fell face first on a rock Davey had just slung and it made a crack in his forehead...but ol' Goli had already pulled a Kermit the frog at midnight in the oasis, as that minx Delilah hurried back to the palace dungeon to feed her gimp, Samson, a steaming bowl of goliath grouper stew.

So there ya go...the REAL story

I heard that Delilah fed a moose some tofu. His nads shriveled up and fell to the ground. A kid, named "Timmy" found those nads and sling shotted them into a crowd of Titans. A guy named Henry and another named Brown went down with injuries. Timmy and his pet moose rejoiced and celebrated with a shot of soy milk. It was the first time in human history that the queefers had such a victory. Was it a victory?? "Let's do it again on Sunday" they cried. "We should do this every Sunday", they wailed.

Hence the song "Timmy and his two nadded Moose" which is sung every year in queeferville.

A blue ribbon for you
A blue ribbon for me
A blue ribbon for everyone
As long as they are free

This is still gonna be a close game. 17-16 kinda game. Titans are a tough match up for Skippys offense.

Guys, the Pats have lost Gilmore and Jones for the year. That's 2/3 of the CB depth, at a position that most posters here saw as having weak depth when the season started. And somehow, the D is stronger than we've seen in years. Jeez, I wonder why?

I've no sympathy for the Titans, Bills or any other team that has injuries at key positions and poor depth, especially this late in the year. This is about the Pats philosophy (strong middle class) vs. much followed super star strategy that makes quality depth much more difficult. This is a validation of who the Pats are. We can't back down from that.

Agree completely. Every team has significant injuries, if you can’t overcome them you don’t win the Lombardi, so injuries aren’t an excuse. And you are right that Belichick’s cap and roster construction is all about being able to function pretty much regardless of who goes out. This makes fans nuts when they see players they live leave in free agency, and binkies get cut so he can fill out their special teams roles, but ultimately he’s right even though this means losing some good players. The Patriots were able to overcome their early season injuries and are a deep and strong team heading into the playoff stretch, and while that isn’t a guarantee of success it does give them the best possible chance, especially at this point in their development

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST