PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Game Day Thread- Week 15 Pat @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperately need a win here thanks to the performance last week. Lose, and it’s likely the Pats get the #3 and no bye. Also likely to play Baltimore at home during Wild Card Weekend. Injuries have just killed this team. Hope to be wrong but don’t see how we beat Pitt today with the defense we are going to trot out.

Desperately need a win here thanks to the performance last week. Lose, and it’s likely the Pats get the #3 and no bye. Also likely to play Baltimore at home during Wild Card Weekend. Injuries have just killed this team. Hope to be wrong but don’t see how we beat Pitt today with the defense we are going to trot out.
Sometimes those are the games the Patriots shine. I remember a game vs Indy, for instance. Kicker throws for a TD. Brown plays CB. Was a wild time.

Gillislee wont make the active roster unless there is a specific gameplan reason to pound the ball as long as our other 3 backs are healthy. And this is a good problem to have.

I thought this was actually the game they could use Gilly (on top of the other 3)
oh well..

Hope to be wrong but don’t see how we beat Pitt today with the defense we are going to trot out.

Yeah.. just how will we be able to win against a team who needed last minute field goals to win against the Packers at home and against the Bengals. That juggernaut..

Gilleslie needs to get the pictures Joe Vellano Jermaine Cunningham had and that Jordan Richards now owns.

How does Pitt win with the **** D they'll trot out?

im always confident against the steelers, not today! i really hope they double antonio brown. take him out of the game. tough task today..we also have to stop the run but no alan branch. i think we give up 5 yards a carry on the run which is pretty terrible.

tom's going to have to play like an mvp today for us to win!!!

we should throw on every down. their corners/safety's arent that great

If you think this will be a big Brady throwing performance then I think you will be disappointed. Feels more like one of those RB/flexback games to me.

That is unless we are consistently playing from behind. Who knows what happens then..

Pats need a win here, this much is obvious...should they lose EVERY team in AFC playoff picture is trending up whilst Pats needle would be pointed way down...
Brady get ur avocado ice cream head out ur pillow crying about Guerrero...LETS GO!

robertweathers said:
Please explain how Pitt stops NE from scoring under 40 points.

They cant bring pressure up the middle

They can't cover Gronk

Their secondary plays zone

Their best defensive player is out

From the other thread @robertweathers

My point in the other thread was that with all the defensive injuries, the Steelers will look to chew up clock and keep Brady on the sideline. That would be how Pittsburgh stops Brady from putting up 40.

It's okay everyone. Rodgers is down vs a winning team. He will come back for sure!

If you think this will be a big Brady throwing performance then I think you will be disappointed. Feels more like one of those RB/flexback games to me.

That is unless we are consistently playing from behind. Who knows what happens then..
Lots of Rex , DLew and White today.

Gronk in the middle intermediate will open it up

Expecting alot of home field calls that make us shake our head in disgust.

Wonder if Gillislee even makes the roster next year. Once their playoff position is set, maybe the Pats showcase him as possible trade bait. I noticed, after looking like SB champs last week, the Phins are laying down in Buffalo.

No question. Getting the lead early is key.

brady practiced all week so i hope his leg is feeling better. that achilles injury is no joke...

gronk needs to redeem himself!!! big game, at least 100 yards..get him involved early. some games he does nothing in the 1st quarter

From the other thread @robertweathers

My point in the other thread was that with all the defensive injuries, the Steelers will look to chew up clock and keep Brady on the sideline. That would be how Pittsburgh stops Brady from putting up 40.
That'll be the only way....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back