PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread Week 13 Vikings @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dtb8VygXgAIC3HB.jpg:large

With Shelton being a healthy scratch, I'm wondering if we ever see him in a Pat uniform again.

It was said in the pre-game thread that it doesn't look like Rivers is going to catch on in 2018 but the poster specified that they weren't saying "it'll never happen."

I'll say it'll never happen. At least with New England. I always thought his pass rushing looked decent in the preseason but I suspect his uselessness in the run game has gotten him in BB's doghouse. I'd expect him to go somewhere else and catch on as an okay rotational pass rusher.

Probably not but you never know. He's had a few glimpses but mostly he's been mediocre.

I can't think of a single positive play he's made here.

We haven't been exactly lights at DB #2 and 3 Dawson Inactive again very troubling. Hope he's not Cyrus Jones all over again a player who can't cut it with the regulars. :rolleyes:

It was said in the pre-game thread that it doesn't look like Rivers is going to catch on in 2018 but the poster specified that they weren't saying "it'll never happen."

I'll say it'll never happen. At least with New England. I always thought his pass rushing looked decent in the preseason but I suspect his uselessness in the run game has gotten him in BB's doghouse. I'd expect him to go somewhere else and catch on as an okay rotational pass rusher.

Some Teams find Gems in the Third we find Turds like Rivers. :rolleyes:

Hoping for ...

No Pats injuries.
No Pats giveaways.
At least 2 takeaways by the Pats D.

A solid, 60-minute game from the Pats offense, defense and ST.

And another WIN, of course!

This is a huge game. It's one of only two "loseable" games left on the schedule.

Shelton being a healthy scratch isn't a huge surprise. I'm thinking that the Pats may have some interesting pressure packages for Cousins. Not exactly Shelton's forte. ;)

Interested to see how the D handles Diggs and Thielen, hopefully we can get some pass rush to help the coverage out.

Some Teams find Gems in the Third we find Turds like Rivers. :rolleyes:

I Think it's safe to say that the third round is the round where BB has drafted the worst "best players", but he has drafted some guys who were successful, in the third round (Kaczur, Hobbs, Ridley, Harmon, Ryan, Thuney).

With Shelton being a healthy scratch, I'm wondering if we ever see him in a Pat uniform again.

BB already declined the 5th year options on Shelton - Brown and Dorsett.

Show us what you have Pats defense especially the corner backs. Brady please be on target.

Have a great game

Go Pats

Last edited:
I Think it's safe to say that the third round is the round where BB has drafted the worst "best players", but he has drafted some guys who were successful, in the third round (Kaczur, Hobbs, Ridley, Harmon, Ryan, Thuney).

No doubt but look at the gap between success in Round 3 it's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes