PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Chargers

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Como area is awesome
Cernobbio Bellagio etc...

I will definitely go back to Lake Como.. this time I'll drive over the alps from Lucerne or Innsbruck to get there instead of coming from Milan. Innsbruck is much farther but Brenner pass is gorgeous.

Austin Ekelar is in...

I will definitely go back to Lake Como.. this time I'll drive over the alps from Lucerne or Innsbruck to get there instead of coming from Milan. Innsbruck is much farther but Brenner pass is gorgeous.
Milan Como is 45 minutes drive
Cross from CH is good
Lugano you could have a 1 day stop
Canton Ticino

Reactions: PP2

What on earth does this have to do with today's game?

Over/under Harry gets 2 catches today?

Good to see Jonu, High and Rham active

First .. respect and appreciate you Ashley! I do have a question here though .. what has Hightower done this year except collect a paycheck? I think Max was talking about him when he mentioned the "cliff". I don't know who replaces him but fairly confident that there won't be a drop off. Having said that he'll have 2 sacks, a FF and an INT today.

Ekeler in. Turns up the degree of difficulty of this game a bit.

here we go....we will see the D first.

Ok let‘s go boys. Need this one.

Browns losing helps the Patriots. Hopefully they can take advantage. This be a great day to make up some ground.

Chargers / Pats post from my thread
Staley, who was coaching D3 not too long ago has become one of the more creative and better defensive coaches in the league. The former John Carroll coach has been making waves before coming into the league in draft / college football circles. Very smart, forward thinking coach. Well spoken and looks like one of the better coaches in the league rn.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harris and Stevenson have a day today, if Rham is active. I could see two back sets working against them. Wouldn't be surprised if Johnson makes a play or two as well. They've given up some big runs right up the gut and to the right side so I wouldn't be surprised to see us break out some duo, inside zone, FB lead and some counter to really balance it out. I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ catch a pass off PA but yea the Chargers run susceptible to some big runs in certain areas. I'm hoping our OL is ready and fired up bc they should have plenty of opportunities against this team. He really got the best out playing the run in both C1/C2 but the Chargers are clearly struggling defending the run rn. They just don't have the horses up front to clog up those interior lanes.

Staley has no problem building his D outside/in whereas others might go inside/out. Or at least he has no problem utilizing the secondary to help out all over. He puts a ton of responsibility of his DB's. A ton, John Johnson wore the green dot with Rams I believe. And was Mr. everything for that defense. Staley really does a great job of cutting off crossers and in-breaking routes. He'll have his LB's make route runners round off a lot of crosses or in-breaking stuff to make it easier on his guys coming down from a shell or w/e. Like at times you can look at his front and see some tells from the front as well. If you're light in the box and a weakside 4i lined up you can probably expect a S crashing down to protect that C gap or edge depending on the call. Most people start off looking the S's, that's how I was taught when looking at film but again the front can give some stuff away as well bc teams are constantly disguising but you know gaps have to filled from somewhere.

Staley really did a great job of utilizing and maximizing Donald and Ramsey in 3rd downs, especially AD. Teams spent so much time and energy on stopping him, so Staley would constantly mess with protections moving AD around and overloading a side with him on it. You'd get open lanes to the other bc AD is always doubled, always has focus on him. He always would have him crash down the line to penetrate for a stunt. Completely killing that double but opening up gaps to the overloaded side.

He's all about creating good opportunities for his guys by trying to get as many as 2 on 1's as possible in the 2nd and 3rd levels. He has no problem giving up some yards to protect or have multiple defenders on the most targeted parts of field to achieve getting 2 on 1 in the space.

He plays a lot of C6/C8 (Quarter, Quarter, Half) - basically mix of C4 & C2. Depending on the situation you'll mostly see C2 (boundary side) to one side, C4 the other. Some teams are worried or focusing on that backside WR so I could see taken advantage of the quarters side with our TE's lined up on the same side to work the curl/flat that could a liability. Keep getting creative and moving Smith around. Push Henry up the seam. Keep working off both in different areas.

Again he depends a lot on his DB's. Disguise, coming up and acting as a LB. This seems natural and like a no-brainer but most teams are not doing it believe it or not.

I'm expecting a good game. We've gotten past the jitters and anxiety with Tom and Tampa. Been through a bunch of close games with good teams in TB & Dallas. We should be fired up on all side knowing what it takes to beat good teams. Really looking forward to this one. So many great players on the field at all times. Road game across the country. They will be amped up after last year. This will be a great litmus test imo.

Go Pats!!!

Well this is not a great start…

OMG.....wow, Allen with such a huge gain

Gilmore 1 INT and shut down Pitts today. Just saying….

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST