PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Bills

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having over 1,000 20+ yard plays means you've had a minimum of 20,000 yards of offense.

you see the issue here?

Bills are going to throw short to the RBs Singletary & Cook, screens to McKenzie over and over and over, because in the last 3 games that's what they did and the Patriots are yet to stop it.
The alternative is worse though frankly. If the Pats move up their coverages and go more press man the Bills can both go over the top to great matchups like Diggs or whoever Bryant is on, plus likely lose whoever spies Allen (like they've done with Wilson. MacMillan and Duggar in past games) and have him literally run wild.

That's BIG play heaven versus death by a thousand cuts.

That said...maybe play more safeties, more light LBs (Peppers, Wilson, MacMillan) and let them run?? I dunno none of the options are "better" frankly.
This reply is for PScottman: Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Bills

The Bills are limited downfield because Gabriel Davis has been a big disappointment. Look at his numbers. Only 50% of targets to him are successful. He kills a lot of drives. This is why most Bills fans are clamoring for a #2 receiver; he is their biggest disappointment.

Teams have had success against the Bills when the Bills have gotten over their skis and focused on going downfield exclusively. That's because you double Stefon Digss and go man against the other receivers. When the Bills stick to the run, throw short, they open up the game for Diggs, and they become unstoppable.

The way to beat them is to single up their WRs with the exception of Diggs

Very tough game
But at the end we still are in the hunt
So we can not complain
Not sure Mia and Pit will win...
So let s see...i think we have 35-40% chances...

Having over 1,000 20+ yard plays means you've had a minimum of 20,000 yards of offense.

you see the issue here?
It has to be plays attempted over 20 yards.

you see the issue here?
It’s 1,105 total plays on the season.

of those the number that are over 20 is NOT identified in the table or the text.

You have to just trust the writer (or go past the pay wall as the previous poster said)

OT, but come July I will be a dad. Crazy I started posting here in high school and now all grown up.

Got a Pat Patriot onesie all ready to go for the baby to wear for next season’s opener.

Let’s go Pats!

It’s 1,105 total plays on the season.

of those the number that are over 20 is NOT identified in the table or the text.

You have to just trust the writer (or go past the pay wall as the previous poster said)
1,105 plays in 17 games is 65 offensive plays per game.

OT, but come July I will be a dad. Crazy I started posting here in high school and now all grown up.

Got a Pat Patriot onesie all ready to go for the baby to wear for next season’s opener.

Let’s go Pats!
Bailey is a nice name.

Let’s go Pats!
Congrats!!!! Please keep us posted!!!!!!!

Let’s go Pats!
Congrats start'em early

The way to beat them is to single up their WRs with the exception of Diggs
I'd agree if one of those single ups wasn't usually Bryant.

I guess you could really spin the dial and use Bryant as one of the doubles on Diggs???? (I'm being facetious)

As I stated, I don't think there's a "scheme" formula here. The places the Pats are good (pass rush, takeaways, and making teams grind plays) is where they HAVE to win and get some luck to have a puncher's chance today.

no Schooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call