PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Lions @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an obvious call to stevenson> saw it coming miles off

When I see this game I am asking myself how it is possible! Goff looks worse than Trubisky in week 2
He has never faired well against a BB defense....remember SB ....I think going forward teams will emulate his game plan against this offense

Horrible 3rd down play by Patricia

Got dang. We are up 26 to 0 in the 4th. Put it on film. Give Zappe some confidence. 3rd and 3. Pass, its ok, fans don't mind at all!

Another Lions player down.

He has never faired well against a BB defense....remember SB ....I think going forward teams will emulate his game plan against this offense
That Goff offense was top 10 in NFL history in 2018. McVay hasn't come close to that level of production.

I wonder what Kenny Albert thought when he learned his dad liked to wear woman's undies?
Marv was decades before his time. He would be a cultural hero today.

I wonder what Kenny Albert thought when he learned his dad liked to wear woman's undies?
Is that the specific issue you take with the guy? Nothing else potentially worse?

Brotherblues said:
Yeah... Don't wanna knock Mac but the difference in that regard is notable.

The offensive line play has also been fairly improved, along with the playcalling ... so ....
Last year Josh primarily tailored the offense to Mac's strengths (lots of runs, etc.), just like they are doing with Zappe this game.

In preseason and early this year I got the impression that some combination of Patricia and BB decided to quit pulling back on the reins for Mac, try to install a new offense led by a rookie Offensive Coordinator, put in new starters at 4 of the OL positions, and really put things on Mac's shoulders to see if he could respond to a heavier burden. He struggled some, as did the OL (especially in preseason).

As you say our rookie OC is getting better at play calling. I'm hoping and expecting that Mac does well when he comes back now that the OL and play-calling has improved. The fact that Zappe looks as good as he does is just a big plus for the Pats, having a reliable back-up on the cheap is a real gift. And, if Zappe turns out to be the long term solution and outperforms Mac in the long term, well, then we've got two QBs on rookie contracts, not a bad problem to have.

Are we Jete or fish team today? Close game so far

Horrible 3rd down play by Patricia
Yeah, he's been horrible, Zapp deserves better.
Give it a rest already, Matt hasn't been the problem, Aggy dropping it and Mac throwing it RIGHT TO the other team has been a BIG issue.

Uche, yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back